Pumpkineater's WiPs

inchmurrin":m6l6fgf5 said:
Eclectic collection love the muted pallete

thank you :)
I really try to bring more contrast and what not into it but I never succeed doing that, my tones always tend to be muted and darkish, I kinda like it that way, but sometimes I wish I could paint more vibrant colours.

LilBroGrendel":1a934q5d said:
I really like the Ogres and the Wood Elves. I even like the bases of the Wood Elves - simple, but very effective :)

I will take better pics this week, they are turning out better than I thought.
the bases are indeed really simple, they look better than on the pics.
just dipped the bases in water, shook of the remaining water and added inks all together;

first, yellow, then 2 different greens and some brown, all wet so they kinda blended together, will add some small ink washes on certain spots and then small grass and what not, but for a starter base I kinda like the effect.

could post some pics of doing the inks on the base if appreciated, will make better pics of course.

Thanks JonAtron;

the skin of the ogres is turning out better at last, after several glazes with sepia and skintone it seems to come out nice, almost there :)

Pumpkineater":1fbhkb4m said:
just dipped the bases in water, shook of the remaining water and added inks all together;

first, yellow, then 2 different greens and some brown, all wet so they kinda blended together, will add some small ink washes on certain spots and then small grass and what not, but for a starter base I kinda like the effect.

I think I will try out you method at some point. And it actually sounds a lot like the technique that Orlygg from Realm of Chaos 80s uses:
http://realmofchaos80s.blogspot.dk/2013 ... s-old.html

His blog is very cool, by the way. It has lots and lots of post about Oldhammering and articles about old issues of White Dwarf :)

LilBroGrendel":2i4cxn9c said:
Pumpkineater":2i4cxn9c said:

I think I will try out you method at some point. And it actually sounds a lot like the technique that Orlygg from Realm of Chaos 80s uses:
http://realmofchaos80s.blogspot.dk/2013 ... s-old.html

His blog is very cool, by the way. It has lots and lots of post about Oldhammering and articles about old issues of White Dwarf :)

Hello Lilbro,

yes I know his site, and love it tons ! :)

it's in that vein , but "easier" I think, it will make sense when you see the pics.
Prepped some bases today, will make the pics this week :)

Quendil":1qts01j3 said:
Love the Ogre, must repaint mine at some point

It's my fav Jes Goodwin Ogre, also the first I ever bought back in the days. Just love the model so much.
More pics of him tomorrow, he's almost done :)

Harry":1gtuv18q said:
Cracking paint jobs. You have clearly lost none of your skills. :grin:

Thank you Harry, you are too kind :)

they are almost done, will try to make better pics.

some small wips on other models in the line :)

p1310037.jpg

p1310050.jpg

JonAtron

Love it, looks really good. One suggestion id like to offer is his arm, it looks like an old burn scar or maybe its supposed to be hair. I'd make a feature of it. Good work though, love it.

JonAtron":1oj6czl3 said:
Love it, looks really good. One suggestion id like to offer is his arm, it looks like an old burn scar or maybe its supposed to be hair. I'd make a feature of it. Good work though, love it.

Thanks Jon :)

Yeah I think it is supposed to be hair, but I think I will add a red glaze to it, to make it more of a burnt scar effect.

Thanks guys, greatly appreciated :)

I always tend to paint muted tones automatically , used to paint tons of military kits, so I think that curse came from there ;)

well good news on the muted and earth tones, tons of undead coming up next ;)

Back