Nurgle Warband project

That last one looks especially cool! The colour scheme makes him look like some sorta stone golem or monster from the pit. That's my take on him anyway, he looks great :)

urion

Thanks. Lol. All I know is he is happy to be here. I finished both of them and I'll post pictures tomorrow when the light comes back.

urion

Next I'll be working on these little guys for Orctober. I'll be using them for my "D6 Goblins" result of the Realm of Chaos Retinue table.

Oddly enough I am going with a sort of Norse theme to these goblins.

I've used oils for weathering vehicles and a couple miniatures. I like the effect, but i've found that I can get similar effects with glaze mediums and various washes. Your miniatures look amazing, keep it up.

urion

Thank you. I like using a mix of oil washes and acrylic washes depending on the effect I am looking for, because I find I can get a different effect with each one. I also use pigments. I do love weathering. :mrgreen:

urion

Here is the first little goblin of Orctober. I decided to go with bright colors since goblins have the mentality of mean spirited children, and children like bright colors.

urion

Here is my last chaos warrior, Scaathor Two-Blades. Just two more and I'll be able to finish the unit.

urion

So, I haven't painted any models for my Nurgle Warband in a while, mainly because I've run out of models to paint for it. King Arthur was wonderful enough to send me some minis from Germany to add to my warband and I'm really excited about painting one in particular. She is an oldie who I haven't seen painted very often. I'm hoping I can do her justice with some oil washes. I've had a lot of fun painting early era minis lately and I don't think she will be an exception. Here is her before shot. She will be a leader or a champion for one of my units, I'm not sure which one yet.
wstfsn.jpg

urion

Here she is in all her Nurgle glory. She was pretty fun to paint. Proud to have her in my warband. The oil washes worked out really well.
2vihv09.jpg

2a64684.jpg

21ll4ea.jpg

315xuua.jpg

King Arthur

Rechgrundle, Warrior Maiden of Dim Ponn, now serving Father Nurgle :grin:

Great work Urion on a classic model! Old lead does paint up nicely :grin:

Really happy she arrived across the pond safely and received such a top notch paint job!

Cheers

Gary

urion

Thank you again. I'll be painting the Nurgle Champion next. I'm working on some ideas for his armor. There is a lot of potential for some cool effects. I think the backstory on these two is that she is a champion and he is her enforcer. The two are inseparable, but no one know why or how they met. All that is known is that they've traveled great distances to reach the Realm of Chaos. ;)

really love what you're doing here, the shield and banner designs are really stunning, also the dirty and oldschool looks work perfect, well done indeed. love the copper armor weathering effect.

urion

Here is the final model of my Nurgle army/warband. The project will be on hold till I can get more chaos minis. I was able to finish my chaos warriors unit thanks to King Arthur's generosity. Thank you again and I hope you like how they turned out. I used a black and a sienna brown oil wash on the armor before using pigment powders on it. I really like how it turned out.

urion

Finished a new model. The first of my chaos thugs. This is the first thug I've ever painted. Next up to be painted is Harry the Hammer.

Back