Nurgle Warband project

urion

Newest member of the army. My battle standard bearer. He is currently in progress. Here are a few progress shots.
df9lsk.jpg

2klks2.jpg

15rftcg.jpg

2uqf429.jpg

2ppdmig.jpg

urion

Thanks guys. I plan on altering the Mona Lisa part to make it more Nurglesque. At first I was going to do a split face, half face, half skull, but I'm not sure if I'm going with that or something else. I'm still deciding.

urion

The latest member of my Nurgle army. A wonderful Plague Cart. Once I get a unit of plague zombies I'll include this in the army. At first I was going to paint his robes yellowish white, like the rest of my robed figures, but there was just too much of that color already on the model. So instead I went with red as a Red Death reference.

urion

The "Mona Lisa" side of the banner is done. I was thinking about painting a scroll that said "Plague" across the bottom, but a friend of mine advised against it. What do you guys think? The reverse side will be an Ian Miller painting. It will be done using cold colors. So one side will be warm and the other cold. Should makes for an interesting contrast.
5k35lf.jpg

urion

I went ahead and finished the reverse side as well, so here is the finished model. I decided early on in this project that I would stick with the Realm of Chaos idea that Chaos is not standard and although the chaos gods have their favorite colors these are not set in stone. In that vein i choose to avoid using "standard" Nurgle colors and icons on my battle standard. I hope you guys like it.
eb3cwi.jpg

sniiys.jpg

urion

Thanks guys. You should check out the dark elf thread I started in the Showcase section. The next model I post will probably be a banner bearer. That's the next model I plan on painting for the army.

urion

I recently won several chaos warriors and a sorcerer in an eBay auction. One of them was the driver for the chaos chariot. I also won a lot of dark elf shields. So I put the two together and slapped some paint on it. Here is the result. This model is now my favorite chaos warrior. He looks like he was based on Ian Miller artwork.
2zj9ojl.jpg

urion

Absolutely. Not all chaos is flashy and grandstanding. I'm working on some Diseased Flagellants right now and they are quite understated. I'll be posting pictures soon. I'm getting so close to a pausing point in my army. I've almost finished the models I've got so far. Just the unit of Flagellants, two trolls and a chimera left to paint. After that I'm going to pause for a breather to figure out what unit I need to buy next. I'm thinking plague skeletons. The problem I have then is finding them for affordable prices. I want to get old metal citadel skeletons, but they are kind of hard to find at a good price. I'll probably try to find 14 for a medium sized unit.

Dieselhorst

Brother, this stuff is incredible. You've single-handedly convinced me that I need to try oil washing.

What is the material that you're using on your bases? I love the texture.

Back