Nurgle Warband project

Bane

Very nice work so far. I think I may experiment with some oil washes on my own nurgle project, yours look very smooth and the colours well saturated.

urion

Thank you. I think listening to Licensed to Ill by the Beastie Boys helped a lot. Now I'm trying to figure out which model to paint next.

Thun Helmbeater
or
Gladstone the Large

I don't have a cool or fancy shield for Gladstone so I'm just using the same kind as my first chaos warrior has. except I've drilled out the hole in the middle for the large stud on his hand, which I'm guessing is where he gets his name. Lol. I wanted to sculpt it into a nose and face, but I just don't have the skill to make it look like I want. So I'm not sure what to do with it.

Asslessman

Don't know how I managed to avoid that wonderful thread for so long but now I've seen it I'm expecting more of it !

King Arthur

Urion, that Banner Is insane! Its beautiful I am truly amazed by the free Hand and the grubby/aged effect you have given it!!!

Cant wait for more!

Cheers

Gary

urion

Early progress on the next warrior of Nurgle. I decided to start on Helmbeater to give me more time to think about what to do with Gladstone's shield.

urion

Thun Helmbeater is now finished. I think the red turned out more Nurgle than Khorne so I'm happy with it.

urion

Here is the last chaos warrior. Almost done. I just have the horns, tips of the feet and shield to finish.

urion

Lol. Thanks. When I really enjoy a figure I'm painting it goes really fast and these have been a dream to paint.

urion

Here we are. The last of my chaos warriors. :cry: I'll have to wait till I find a job before I can buy more. I really wish people in my area had miniatures like these to trade. I have plenty of Rogue Trader models, but very few old fantasy models. One of my neighbors has all the old chaos familiars so hopefully I'll be able to trade for those. If I get some you can be sure I'll be posting them here.

urion":1gnrkcba said:
When I really enjoy a figure I'm painting it goes really fast and these have been a dream to paint.
Seconded :)

Which remonds me - just painted a zombie, only 2 evenings! :grin:

Great idea with the shield weathering btw.

urion

Thank you. :grin:
I bought a 946ml bottle of faux finish crackle glaze about three years ago to use on my miniatures, but this is actually the first time I've used it. lol

Back