Nurgle Warband project

urion

I apologize for being gone so long. Several factors have kept me away. Lately though I have been increasing my "warband" so much that it is now an army. I have the models to make a 3000 point 3rd edition fantasy army and am rapidly painting them up. The first installment is my unit of Pestigor lead by a champion of Nurgle. Hope you like them.

urion

Well, here is the finished unit of chaos warriors lead by a champion of Nurgle. I may change the unit around by swapping out some of the chaos warriors in the back row with models that have hand weapons and shields. I just need to get them first. Other than that I think they work just fine. I just got a unit of trolls in the mail so I'll start working on those. Although I'm having to move right now so it will be slow progress.

King Arthur

Hi Urion!

The unit of Chaos Warriors looks great! The banner as mentioned in previous posts is a work of art indeed and the monochrome approach to the armour works really well!

urion

Thank you. I created an army standard bearer recently and I'm trying to figure out how I want to paint the banner. I'm thinking something Leonardo da Vinci, properly altered for Nurgle though.

urion

As mentioned earlier I created an army standard bearer for the army. Originally I intended to use my half troll banner bearer as the army standard, but then I read the rules for the army standard bearer and discovered that he must always be placed with the army general. A 40mm base doesn't do well in a unit full of 25mm bases so I decided to use a different model for the army standard. Ironically my general will be riding a palanquin, which is usually mounted on a 40mm base, but for the same reason I'll be mounting it on a 50mm base. I still have to finish sculpting the creases around the holes, but after that I'll start painting him.

urion

It has been a dream of mine since I was 11 to create a War Altar of Nurgle for the entry in the Lost and the Damned. I've tried a few times, but they never went very far. I have finally realized my dream and created a war altar. It is mostly scratch built with plasticard, bass wood and various GW bits and figures. I am quite proud of how it turned out.
19bmvn.jpg

that war alter is fantastic.

i've been meaning to make one myself for a couple of years. I bought a modern Dark Elf Cauldron of Blood to use as the base, but never got much further than painting the statue of khaine as an eldar avatar, and painting the snake lady as a nurgle wizard. should probably finish that job sometime.

urion

Thank you. I have more shots of it on my blog. I went with a carnival theme on it, but I feel like a lot of people over do it, so I went for a subtler look.

urion

A little conversion work I did last night. There is an entry for "Fimir" on the random starting profile table to create a champion so, since I like Fimir I decided to create a Fimir champion. Next I need to sculpt a mace tail on him.

Subedai

I am enjoying following this project along. The colour choices and painting style work great for Nurgle.

urion

I'm glad to hear it. I hope to have something new painted to post very soon. I have the next 3 days off so hopefully I will get one or two things finished.

Back