Blood bowl dark elves

Dooz

12-22 years ago I used to play a lot of blood bowl, right now I can't remember why I stopped. We had a great blood bowl league in Copenhagen in which I played for 5 consecutive years.
Anyway I have sold of most of my teams and now only have chaos, goblin, undead and dark elf teams. All in various states of incomplete (as most of my stuff).

An old friend of mine still play blood bowl and likes to attend national and international championships and is going to the NAF World Cup in Italy. Lacking an dark elf team he asked if he could borrow mine. But alas only half the team was painted, and being blood bowl miniatures the paint was chipped in various places(next time I'll give them some varnish). Couldn't let him take them to Italy in that state. And so they were stripped, alcohol(93% bio ethanol, works wonders on old citadel paints) and a toothbrush left me with this

Dooz

Weather is nice, so I took them outside for a careful priming

In today's modern blood bowl, dark elves use witch elves(my friend uses 2 on his team). i use proxies for these, but not entirely happy with those. Anyone care to suggest me some female elves that would not look out of place on an old school dark elf team? Maybe even post a picture of something you've used

Next up, is to decide on a colourscheme. Thinking about dark purple pants, bone colored armor. Pale skin with a blue'ish glow

Dooz

Had a fairly productive evening.
Mostly through the basic coloring, missing skin, hair and metal bits. After that it's shading and highlighting.

Fimm McCool

Having just painted my Dark Elf blood bowl team I'm looking forward to seeing how these paint up! :) What are the proxies you're using for Witch Elves? I really like the one with the chainmail stockings!

Dooz

the one you like is acttually a GW witch elf. It's an odd miniatures, lacking both crazily oversized weapon and heroic posing 8-)

Fimm McCool

Which (witch?) era? I don't remember seeing it. But yeah I thought it looked like that, just couldn't remember seeing that particular pose.

Fimm McCool

Thanks! Yes, I agree with you about the SHS! :) Looking forward to seeing your team, can you let us know how you get on with them? I have yet to play a game of BB and I hear Dark Elves are a bit tricky to use well.

Dooz

End of day 3, the elves have had their 1. and 2. shading done. Next step is to shade the skin then another darker shade on the armor and finally highlighting(something akin to the foremost right miniature)

Dooz

Thank you, I'm trying to gather motivation to continue. Kinda have other projects I'm more interested in right now, and I do still have a whole month before the team is needed.

Dooz

Day 4( only counting days I actually work one them)
No painting today, but got the bases sanded.

Day 5 will hopefully see the bases painted and the players shaded a bit darker

Dooz

Day 5
Bases recieved some paint

Finds out my deadline is actually moved to this upcoming Saturday, sigh. Rest will be a bit rushed

Day 6
Painting eyes(can't really see on the picture). Armor gets a very thin black wash and two thin highlighting layers

For day 7 the plan is to paint hair on the four-five minis with hair. Highlight the skin a bit. Drybrush the bases. Color code the bases(red for blitzers, etc)
Day 8 will simply be to glue some green static grass to the bases to make them pop out a bit

Ti Pouchon

Very cool team! I really admire the bone armor.
Modern-day BB played with old school minis is exactly the kinda game I like the best.
This team rocks!

Back