Golgfag1's preparations for BOYL 2016

Golgfag1

Well there's nothing quite as satisfying as finishing a project, as starting one with all the enthusiasm one can muster, one lines up all the components and thinks if, I start now I'll easily get all this done by then. Well, here I am stating my intentions in good time - I hope to have all my chaos troops monsters and general stuff ready for BOYL 2016. I know I've done things like this in the past, but if, I don't set myself targets - how will I ever know how far I've come.

So, here I am again showing you - my WIP for BOYL 2016 :lol: :lol: :lol:

How does one eat an elephant - one bit at a time

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• monks6.JPG
    monks6.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 3,554
  • wip monks.JPG
    wip monks.JPG
    123 KB · Views: 3,554
  • wip monks2.JPG
    wip monks2.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 3,554

Golgfag1

Well things move on steadily, just the shield and banner designs and basing to do, but to all intents & purposes their ready to playing with!

Paul / Golgfag1

The original regiment in the background for comparison - not a lot of difference but enough to be different.

Attachments

• compare monks2.JPG
    compare monks2.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 3,528
  • compare monks3.JPG
    compare monks3.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 3,528

Harry

Good luck with this.
We started talking about Oldhammer ahoy on the way home from the event last year and still 90% of my boats, islands, monsters were done in the last few weeks. :grin:
So you go at it whllst the enthusiasm is there.

Golgfag1

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys,

Applied the finishing touches yesterday afternoon and did the basing and varnishing this morning, Banner & shield designs lifted straight out of The Lost & the Damned with a slight colour variation.

Next up ten lesser demons of Nurgle to add to the horde, as a break from fairly repetitive figures, a change being has good as a rest.

Paul / Golgfag1 8-)

Attachments

• next project.JPG
    next project.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 3,480
  • finished monks2.JPG
    finished monks2.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 3,480
  • finished monks1.JPG
    finished monks1.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 3,480
  • finished monks.JPG
    finished monks.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 3,480

Golgfag1

Sorry guys, I never meant to put pressure on anybody else, but me; if, the March B.F.G. comes-off - I'd like to go with something other than the usual green-skin Horde, which people will be expecting; hence the green chaos horde (with hints of blue & red!) instead; I only have effectively six months to produce something acceptable in either style or numbers as the run-up to Christmas will not be worth a squat regarding painting & modeling.

I've effectively got two hundred figure to obtain & paint at the rate I'm going, that's ten figures a week for twenty weeks, as ever, it all comes down to the maths and if, I do more now, I save time later 8-) .

Chico on the ground of avoiding the obvious jokes, I'm saying nothing :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul / Golgfag1

A couple of pictures showing the base colours on these figures with my original paint jobs in the background, enjoy. As ever my camera work leaves a lot to be desired.

Attachments

• deamons base coat.JPG
    deamons base coat.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 3,461
  • deamons base coat1.JPG
    deamons base coat1.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 3,461

Golgfag1

More a case of keep moving, as to hesitate, may lead to a general halt - as it doesn't matter how much you do, as long as you do something. Just applied base colours to the more detailed areas of the miniatures, not sure how they'll turn out, but am determined to keep going.

As ever pictures do me no favours 8-)

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• deamons base coat2.JPG
    deamons base coat2.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 3,439

Golgfag1

Their moving on a pace and despite a disappointing start are actually beginning to look quite good now, they've move on from these pictures and as I have a day off today (Car on for MOT) I'm hoping to have them finished today :grin:

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• deamons base coat3.JPG
    deamons base coat3.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 3,414

Golgfag1

Well needless to say the day didn't quite go according to plan daughter to doctors, power tripped out at home and no word on the car, oh what joy. Anyway, daughter waiting for test results, electric back on and problem isolated and still no word on the car. so, here's the pictures of what I managed to do today.

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• deamons base coat6.JPG
    deamons base coat6.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 1,349
  • deamons base coat7.JPG
    deamons base coat7.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 1,349

Golgfag1

OK, a final push this morning got the last few bits and pieces done, am not basing them yet as I'm waiting on the delivery of a few nurglings I want to use as decoration around the bases.

Enjoy

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• deamons finished.JPG
    deamons finished.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 1,335
  • deamons finished1.JPG
    deamons finished1.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 1,335

Harry

You really are cracking on ... arn't you?
You will have an army to rival your Orcs and goblins in no time at this rate. :grin:

Golgfag1

Trying, while I still have the long evenings and the wife & kids are watching Ru Paul's Drag Race on Netflix, I'll happily sit in the conservatory painting the few Chaos figures I have. If, I manage to carry on, as I am, I'll have a reasonable force (200+) ready by Christmas, but that's all.

As for Matching my O&G, never happen, I've too much stuff packed in too many boxes to ever finish the O&G's, to ever get close to matching it with anything else!

Hope to see you soon

Paul / Golgfag1 (A lead Monster? possibly)

Harry":9nnro7rf said:
You really are cracking on ... arn't you?
You will have an army to rival your Orcs and goblins in no time at this rate. :grin:
s

Golgfag1

Fairly, few opportunities to get down to any painting this weekend for one reason or another; so have only been able to apply the base coats to the next batch of lesser daemons, but each small step is another step closer to the final goal.

I haven't gone back to the monks yet, as I'm waiting for the last few to arrive via the Royal mail, but hopefully they'll be here for next weekend. 8-)

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• next batch.JPG
    next batch.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 1,309
  • next batch1.JPG
    next batch1.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 1,309
  • Chaos completed so far.JPG
    Chaos completed so far.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 1,302

Golgfag1

This time I'm using blue as the prime colour - fairly basic at the moment, but that'll change given time. Just taken delivery of the last few monks so they'll be up next followed by the nurglings!

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• next batchA.JPG
    next batchA.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 1,287
  • next batch C.JPG
    next batch C.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 1,287

Golgfag1

Not been a good week for painting, early morning bat survey (Don't ask), digging tree stumps up to make room for 'my hobby shed' , brought a new car and unexpected visitors staying over to name but a few distractions, any way with a bit of luck it should rain tomorrow, so, I should get this latest batch off the table with a bit of luck :lol:

In my dreams

Paul / Golgfag1

Also, the original paint job on daemons is rather intense (lots of small dots of colour and shading, so the opportunities I had - doesn't really cut it with the programme, enjoy my efforts. As ever photos do nothing for my efforts. :lol:

Attachments

• next batch g.JPG
    next batch g.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 1,259
  • next batch E.JPG
    next batch E.JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 1,259

Golgfag1

Well needless to say I didn't get the daemons finished on Monday as the wife announced as it was raining we'd clean out the garage, which basically meant I had to tidy up my stuff in the garage. :lol: Well, apart from their bases their all done now. As I've already broken into this weeks painting time I'm not going to go for the remaining monks, but something large and fewer in number, instead - Dragon Ogres.

Enjoy

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• next batch i.JPG
    next batch i.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 1,241
  • next batch j.JPG
    next batch j.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 1,241
  • dragon Ogres.JPG
    dragon Ogres.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 1,241
  • dragon Ogres A .JPG
    dragon Ogres A .JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 1,241

Golgfag1

Well needless to say - the best laid plans yet again went astray with the arrival of more Dragon Ogres, so the monks dropped back into the frame with the arrivals heading for a bath in paint remover. Monks aren't quite complete - just their shields & bases to do; but with a bit of luck all should be done for tomorrow night. Half complete Dragon Ogres in the background.

Enjoy

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• 2nd batch of monks b.JPG
    2nd batch of monks b.JPG
    108 KB · Views: 1,211

Golgfag1

Final touches applied last night, so finally got the cultist out of the production line, the 'new' Dragon Ogres are still soaking in paint stripper, so next up will be a few pre-slotta foot Chaos knights to act as a bodyguard for my wizards and characters. May take my time with these as there's lots of detail to pick out.

As ever my pictures do me no fravours.

Any way, enjoy

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• 2nd batch of monks c.JPG
    2nd batch of monks c.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 1,194
  • 2nd batch of monks d.JPG
    2nd batch of monks d.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 1,194
Back