Golgfag1's preparations for BOYL 2016

Plaiecivile

Your barbarian horde is taking shape at a breathtaking speed!
Plus the elephant regiment is very impressive next to all the troops.

Now tell me you will have some William Wallace kind of guy with a half blue face in the front ranks ;)

Golgfag1

Plaiecivile":bypxv3n1 said:
Your barbarian horde is taking shape at a breathtaking speed!
Plus the elephant regiment is very impressive next to all the troops.

Now tell me you will have some William Wallace kind of guy with a half blue face in the front ranks ;)

The army isn't progressing as fast as I would like, as for the latter :cry: - give me time, I'll get there! 8-)

Paul / Golgfag1

Golgfag1

inchmurrin":2jile2rv said:
Very smart blankets , I wouldn't like to be on the receiving end of a charge from that lot.

Surprisingly easy to produce, just takes time; as for receiving a charge - Oh, I don't know, there maybe some fun to be had and there are more of they to come ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul / Golgfag1

Golgfag1

As I begin to realize I'm not going to have enough of the barbarians done in time :( for BOYL I spotted these on ebay, hence the post on the ebay topic - in the hope that one of you would save me from myself :lol: . Needless to say you didn't :lol: Any way, items arrived yesterday and on the whole I'm a happy bunny 8-) 8-) 8-)

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• $_57B.JPG
    $_57B.JPG
    397.2 KB · Views: 1,958
  • afdsbdhb.JPG
    afdsbdhb.JPG
    411.3 KB · Views: 1,958

Golgfag1

More big beasties! hopefully, should get this done for BOYL! :lol:

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• westwind.JPG
    westwind.JPG
    303.5 KB · Views: 1,936

Golgfag1

Niibl":7dsaua1u said:
If you continue at this pace you'll need a lorry to get all the miniatures to Boyl :)

I hired a van last year, why do you think it's going to be any different this year. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul / Golgfag1

Niibl

I hired a van last year, why do you think it's going to be any different this year.
Good point.
This year I'll cross the channel by plane, so I am quite weight sensitive at the moment. :grin:
I'am looking forward to see the Westwind mammoth "in the flesh".
It has been on my buy-list for some time now but I am worried about scale.

Golgfag1

Niibl":240er0rb said:
I'am looking forward to see the Westwind mammoth "in the flesh".
It has been on my buy-list for some time now but I am worried about scale.

It's a BIG piece of kit, makes the others look a bit on the small side to be honest, so will act the part of the lead beast; but, the price was just too tempting when I placed the bid - £10.00 GBP, and as the guy only lives five miles away (on my way to work), I knew I could forego the postage, so happy days :grin:

See you there

Paul / Golgfag1

Golgfag1

OK, I've assembled the beast and applied the initial coats of paint, more than likely this will be the last thing I paint before BOYL 2016, hooray :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Paul /Golgfag1

Attachments

• Bigger beastie.JPG
    Bigger beastie.JPG
    172 KB · Views: 1,528

Golgfag1

Erny":2256vx6d said:

Get ye behind me, Satan! Not sure I can say thanks Enry. The wife is already giving me suspicious looks for the collection I have already, if, another big beasty was to turn up - she might start asking question and who knows where that might lead ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, the one in the picture was finished last night, so all I now have to do now is the basing, joy; will post pictures later. 8-)

Paul / Golgfag1

Golgfag1

As promised, All the beasts together, over 1800 points in mammoths! Have already started writing out their stats. for anybody you'd like to lead the charge? But we can talk about that on the Friday. :grin: :grin: :grin:

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• All the beasts together A.JPG
    All the beasts together A.JPG
    157.6 KB · Views: 1,474
  • All the beasts together B.JPG
    All the beasts together B.JPG
    160.5 KB · Views: 1,474

Golgfag1

Erny":3tszce1d said:

Not quite as cheap as it once was, so I'll be leaving it well alone, as I don't want it that badly or think I need it. 8-)

A word to the wise - I'm away with the family visiting the Western Isles for the next couple of weeks visiting family and given that locations lack of connection to the modern world, this may be my last communication with a lot of you, until I see you at BOYL! :lol:

Good luck & good hunting

Paul / Golgfag1

Fimm McCool

Pssst.... the one on the right isn't a mammoth. ;)

This is an incredible line up... I'll have to pull out the stops and get a big beastie for my Fimir to fight them with!

Back