Golgfag1's preparations for BOYL 2016

Golgfag1

Thanks, I'll take that as a compliment; their fairly uniform so once you hit a rhythm their fairly simply to do 8-)

The next batch has been on the table before, but wasn't brought to a satisfactory conclusion so here they are again

Whilst acting as a taxi for my daughter at the weekend I notice one of my neighbours having a garage sale, so stopped and found these, they'll act as shield-maidens, sacrificial characters etc for my barbarian types (thugs), cost three pounds each, happy bunny. 8-)

Enjoy

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• bodyguard.JPG
    bodyguard.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 1,786
  • puchase 1.JPG
    puchase 1.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 1,786
  • puchase 4.JPG
    puchase 4.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 1,786
  • puchase 2.JPG
    puchase 2.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 1,786
  • puchase 3.JPG
    puchase 3.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 1,786

Golgfag1

Not a good week again for painting I'm afraid, worrying news from the North means I'll more than likely be spending a considerable amount of time in transit for the next few weeks - transporting my kids to University & visiting my elderly mother; ours is not to complain, but deal with the issues as they arise. Any way enough of my woes, here's a couple of pictures of the stuff I have managed to spread some paint over this week, as ever my skills with the camera do me no favours, especially as I've placed the six figures in front of the last batch of daemons!

Sorry

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• characters 1.JPG
    characters 1.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 1,757
  • characters 2.JPG
    characters 2.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 1,757
  • characters 3.JPG
    characters 3.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 1,757

Golgfag1

Well, as previously mentioned I begin a series of journeys tomorrow to visit family (Yorkshire) and depositing my daughters at their respective universities (North Wales & Surrey), so won't be spending a great deal of time painting this week so here's a taste of how I'll be painting one of the bodyguard units (sample); as ever my camera work does me no favours! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Enjoy

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• Chaos knight B.JPG
    Chaos knight B.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 1,734
  • Chaos knight C.JPG
    Chaos knight C.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 1,734
  • Chaos knightA.JPG
    Chaos knightA.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 1,734

Golgfag1

Well the kids are deposited at their respective universities and my mother appears to be on the mend for now, so just as there's light at the end of the tunnel; my wife's aunt takes a turn for the worst and we're now considering Care Homes! Em, not the best set of circumstances at the moment, but don't let that make you think I've neglected progress with my BOYL2016 preparations. No sir's, latest thing to hit the work bench - a broken daemonette with a missing arm, so inspired by Drew's endeavours am I - I've cut, drilled, bent and twisted the figure, a paper clip and anti pigeon spike! To get to this, not a lot to look at at the moment, but give me time!

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• Wip standard.JPG
    Wip standard.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 1,696
  • Wip standard 3.JPG
    Wip standard 3.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 1,696

Jeff McC

That's got a bit of a pole dancer vibe going on...works well for Slaneesh. Off to a good start, looking forward to seeing the finished model!

Golgfag1

Jeff McC":1ahv0m1p said:
That's got a bit of a pole dancer vibe going on...works well for Slaneesh. Off to a good start, looking forward to seeing the finished model!

:lol: Well, I can see where you're coming from, and the miniature really does lend its self to sensuous nature of the beast, as it were; so yeah, I can go for that. Turns out there's a school for it locally, I wonder if I should visit - just on the basis of research of course! :lol:

The model has moved on already, but as its going the take a while to get to where I want it to finish, I'll do a progress report at the end showing the progression; original idea was tentacles, but with the whole pole dancer thing - I might just take it some where else! :o :shock: :o

Paul / Golgfag1

Golgfag1

Well as ever, the world has continued to turn, with no regard for whats happening in the Douglas Household, so have had little or no time to sit down and actually paint, only assemble & undercoat - so, here's a picture of whats been across my work bench recently.

Really dis-appointed, as I realize, I'm only a quarter way though painting the lesser daemons, what have I started! :lol:

All the best

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• assembled & undercoated.JPG
    assembled & undercoated.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 1,650

Golgfag1

Been A bit slow at the work bench recently, too many distraction in one form or another - Any way here's how the banner bearers coming along - topped the pole with a 'C' series giants head which had been sat in the scrap box way too long and the arm of a Nurgle champion, banner simply lead foil from a wine bottle and a piece of piano wire. The colour scheme on the banner is background only, detail to follow! :lol:

Paul / Golgfag1 8-)

taking one step at a time

Attachments

• banner1 JPG.JPG
    banner1 JPG.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 1,616

Golgfag1

Just to show I've not forgotten about this project here's the latest picture of more lesser daemons I assembled over the weekend, just a coat of primer and their ready for the painting table . 8-)

Enjoy

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• most recent.JPG
    most recent.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 1,588

Golgfag1

Between putting in small flight of stairs into my garden and doing the weekly shop today, I painted this little chap to join the host, along side a C series Daemon I painted earlier to act has a compare/contrast. :grin:
As ever my photos do me no favours :lol:
Enjoy

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• Pit Fiend 'C' series.JPG
    Pit Fiend 'C' series.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 1,347
  • Pit Fiend 'C' series A JPG.JPG
    Pit Fiend 'C' series A JPG.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 1,347
  • Pit Fiend 'C' series B .JPG
    Pit Fiend 'C' series B .JPG
    74 KB · Views: 1,347
  • Pit Fiend 'C' series C JPG.JPG
    Pit Fiend 'C' series C JPG.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 1,347
  • Demon 'C' series 5.JPG
    Demon 'C' series 5.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 1,347

Golgfag1

urion":zbs2yiio said:
I've always been curious about what they looked like painted. Well done.

Must admit I was never really a fan, though I brought the models back in the day, just never got round to applying the paint as I thought daemons way too powerful and thus too costly points wise - to get on the table - so have sat in an old tool box for the last thirty plus years; I've now taken another look and have to say - I missed a trick - their a dream to paint and the detail cries out for attention. So, have just dropped the last of my recently acquired C series daemons in cleaning fluid and am waiting the find out what's beneath! Hopefully, if, it follows its companions - another little gem. :grin:

Watch this space

Paul / Golgfag1

Golgfag1

Hardly a machine, the last couple of weeks my efforts have slowed to a trickle, have applied undercoat to the twenty deamons I assembled and attempted to paint one side of my standard bearer - not keen on the results, so will more then likely become the reverse side! :lol: Just have to decide on a suitable blue design - a work in progress.

Enjoy

Paul / Golgfag1

So, I sat down with Lost & the Damned & Slaves of Darkness and came up with this Chaos undivided symbol with a goats head for the other-side seems appropriate, much happier with the result will now revisit the other other-side! :lol:

Attachments

• banner2.JPG
    banner2.JPG
    187.8 KB · Views: 1,305
  • banner3.JPG
    banner3.JPG
    166.2 KB · Views: 1,305
  • banner4.JPG
    banner4.JPG
    200.3 KB · Views: 1,279

Golgfag1

So here's the latest batch of lesser daemons receiving their first base coats, if, I don't spend all weekend at Warfare (Reading) I should have them fairly well done by close of play on Sunday (I wouldn't bet on it!) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Enjoy
Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• latest batch.JPG
    latest batch.JPG
    248.1 KB · Views: 1,273
  • latest big daemon.JPG
    latest big daemon.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 1,273

Golgfag1

Well just as things started to look as if there might be light at the end of the tunnel, life just throws another curved ball, anyway enough said on that subject - here's a few pictures of my latest offering to cross over the palette :lol: a grenadier wyvern carrying Sir Pelethor from the Gaik Attack box set. Oh, and a picture of my work space just to give an indication of what still needs attention.

Enjoy

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• workbench.JPG
    workbench.JPG
    164 KB · Views: 1,227
  • wyvern1.JPG
    wyvern1.JPG
    190.8 KB · Views: 1,227
  • wyvern4.JPG
    wyvern4.JPG
    207.3 KB · Views: 1,227
  • wyvern5.JPG
    wyvern5.JPG
    197.2 KB · Views: 1,227
  • wyvern6.JPG
    wyvern6.JPG
    200.8 KB · Views: 1,227

Golgfag1

Well, work proceeds at a snails pace as the holiday season arrives and I spend most of the weekend collecting my eldest from university, have now cleared painting table of my bits & pieces, so that she can set-up her computer, so there's at least two weeks lost! Anyway, Here's what I was working on before the weekend - Ral-Partha palanquin, evil wizard carried by four Bug bears ouch, been on my to do list for years, but I've now got a reason, still very much a work in progress, but I'm happy with progress so far. :grin: .

Seasons greetings

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• Evil Wizard.JPG
    Evil Wizard.JPG
    261.2 KB · Views: 1,180
  • Evil Wizard B .JPG
    Evil Wizard B .JPG
    150.1 KB · Views: 1,180

Golgfag1

I find myself pretty much at a loose end today as work gave me an additional days leave (oh, what a nice employer I have :lol: :lol: :lol: ), the wife's in Scotland visiting her elderly mother and daughters are either back at university or about to go back, so with a free day to do with as I will - I'm chilling, hanging around the house with the cat and getting my stuff back in order following the festivities & contemplating the past & coming year, especially as I've been reading a number of your blogs.

Last year: painted more than I played, bought more miniature than I needed & read less than I should; on the other hand I did establish the location of other 'local' (An easy car journey) Old-hammerers and either visited each other in our respective homes or local clubs for games or just meet-up and past the time of day.

This year: I intend to increase my painting, play more games and read more books and not buy any more miniatures or models! (see how long that one holds :lol: ) & if, I can plan it in good time - go and play a game in a foreign country.

So, Seasons greeting to one & all, I wish you well for your endeavours for the coming year.

Paul / Golgfag1

Back