Chico Does Mordheim

Chico

images.jpg

As a continued effort to post more on the forum I'll post my new project here (It's already on my Blog and FB, but for those which don't check either).

Confession time.. I haven't touched this game since Umm.. 2000-2001

It's not because I don't like the game it just slipped though the cracks of my collecting and gaming phases.

That changed last week when I wanted to used the wonderful Foundry Orcs and I knew I could never afford a Mass Battled Game army of them.

I had a number of rulesets I could have used but my local Club are very much GW gamers at heart..

So Mordheim it is!

This is my Boss with his helper Chop:

11825054_10153482958435149_1772483325549655192_n.jpg

I also wanted to do something out of my comfort zone, so bright colours and limit the Reds and Blacks. Plus I made my own bases from pre-cut MDF and Milliput.

Thanks for looking

Fimm McCool

hooray for Chico in Mordheim! And if that doesn't work out there are already plans afoot to use those space-hopping Orclings at next year's BOYL. ;)

Chico

Subedai":2p7nihxz said:
Very nice, looking forward to seeing more!

Thankies, 3 more are almost finished (2 Squig Bounchers and a Big Boss) so shouldn't be too long before an update :)

Chico

Just John":36l6kz3q said:
Nice work Chico. I really like the homemade bases.

Thanks mate, it's me being a cheap sod and not wanting to cut off the integral bases off every sodding Greenskin hehe

Golgfag1":36l6kz3q said:
Nicely done sir, hope to see more in the near future?

Paul / Golgfag1

Thankies, The rest of the Warband is on my paint desk to finish :)

Chico

So while waiting for a few bits to come (Paints and Figures) to finished off my Orc Warband I though to keep the momentum going I'll start of my 2nd Warband (One for the Wife to play).

I was lucky and very greatful that Mr Clam of Clamshells & Sea Horses sent me some of his wonderful Ewal Dvergar or Chaos Dwarves if you prefer in a trade at the beginning of the month.

You can get some of his fine range both sculpted Mr Pickford and a subrange called Son's of Siegward by Sjoerd Trouwee (Of CDO and Hasslefree fame) by visiting HERE.

Oh Clam also sculpted some himself including the Chaos Dwarf Standard Bearer sold by 4A Miniatures which I have owned for many years now.

DSC_0034.JPG

DSC_0038.JPG

DSC_0042.JPG

DSC_0044.JPG

Chico

Finished up the test paint scheme last night but it's too dark and grotty to get a picture atm but to give you a idea of the scheme it's a updated version of my CD army from years ago.

560803_470518549679656_2063610820_n.jpg

nice models, I like the idea of some kind of Orky uniform......
maybe the bomber from the blood Bowl Goblins range might be a nice addition

Chico

I like the idea of quirky Greenskin Royal Court wandering around, who says all Greenskins are just stupid and brutal, mind are also well dressed hehe.

As for the Bomber, don't really like the figure and plus I'm sticking as close as I can to Kev Adams Foundry sculpts for these. As they are bloody expensive I could never afford a full army of them so making a small Warband of them lets me have an excuse to buy and game with them :)

Subedai

These guys are like the Blood Axes of Fantasy, now I feel like painting up the one or two I have somewhere from years ago in Ostermark colours to match my Empire army*.

*Empire army is mostly imaginary

Chico

First Mordheim building all made up, just waiting for the internals (Crates, Table, tuined bits ect) to turn up then it's priming and painting time

11986964_10153537067135149_7111674825443664308_n.jpg

11923207_10153537067225149_8079612847486630337_n.jpg

Nice ruin. Looks like Mortheim is growing.
I like the bomber model but I am also not sticking to specific sculptors.
The idea of Gobbos in "Uniforms" is very interesting as this gives the a visually "Elite" status.....great idea.

Back