Norse Lord and Huscarl(ettes)

Andy H

Afternoon all

Here's a WiP of the first almost painted unit in my Norse army, the Lord, army standard bearer and Huscarls. All are Foundry Vikings and the banners are Citadel plastics. I'll add a decal to the unit banner and paint and texture the movement try, hopefully this week, then it's on to the Berserkers!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 2,801

Niibl

Nicely done Sir.
I think the bodyguard gals are citadel.
The rest seems to be foundry, is that correct?
I cannot remember seeing that female musician on their page.

Andy H

That's correct mate. The musician is a conversion, using the arm from the Gripping Beast plastic Vikings set.

Andy H

It's funny, in a way I started this army in 1988 at age 15, when I read the list in WD107 and started a Norse army with the intent of attending the Warhammer Tournament at the Derby internationals the next year. In the end that was an overly ambitious plan and my exams got in the way, but I've always wanted to complete the project!

Golgfag1

Nice looking unit, never sure how affective the army is - given the rash nature of the troop types and the propensity towards alcoholism. Anyway, I wish you well in your 25+ year quest to complete an army of a satisfactory size, I'm still building my Green skins, so, I wouldn't worry - all it takes is time! Oh, and by the way I think I went to the Worlds that year, think it was won by a chap using dragons, if memory serves, but I could be wrong!

Hoping to see more soon

Paul / Golgfag1

Andy H":159fah3b said:
It's funny, in a way I started this army in 1988 at age 15, when I read the list in WD107 and started a Norse army with the intent of attending the Warhammer Tournament at the Derby internationals the next year. In the end that was an overly ambitious plan and my exams got in the way, but I've always wanted to complete the project!

Golgfag1

Not one of my regular haunts, only recently moved here. Usually picked up my bits & pieces up from conventions etc.though not even much of that now.

Paul / Golgfag1

Andy H

Golgfag1":bqiaeozm said:
Not one of my regular haunts, only recently moved here. Usually picked up my bits & pieces up from conventions etc.though not even much of that now.

Paul / Golgfag1

Gotcha - I grew up in Wycombe but left long ago (still visit family though). Not Just Stamps was an awesome little Indy hobby shop opposite the train station, which, along with the old Taylor and McKenna (latterly Beatties) was where I spent most Saturday mornings in the 80s (the nearest GW was the Reading Cheapside store, so that was birthdays only!)

Good times :)

Back