RoC creations - banner bearer 28/09

Mister Rab

Re: RoC creations

Tonight I'm going to attempt pressmolding a section of mail to improve a centaur conversion - last night's "freehand" attempt was... underwhelming :?

Mister Rab

RoC creations - centaur

Got started on the centaur.

Started with this...

2015-07-17%2B07.58.48.jpg

And got as far as this...

2015-07-17%2B07.59.08.jpg

I've added a belt to further mask the join since taking that photo, but I need to see if I've got anything to use as studs on the belt (to match his very manly bracelet) before I'm happy to call him done. More step-by-step and blether on my blog.

codeman123

Re: RoC creations - centaur

That chaos creature was bad ass! The paint scheme is great but i am a sucker for purple.. actually i think i have a problem with painting purple and yellow a little too much.. or so im told.. anyways great models!

Mister Rab

Re: RoC creations - centaur

The centaur, ready for colouring in:

19857226616_96d43be642_z.jpg

And another new recruit, a sorcerer on disc. The disc is a chaos undivided banner pole icon thingy from a plastic box set of chaos warriors from a couple of editions back (the hunched fellow with a good range of unusual helmets but massively oversized weapons) with a couple of extra spikes on it to make it look like it has a back and a front. The sorcerer itself has me stumped. The end of his staff looks so like the mark of Tzeentch, but I can't find him in any catalogue - who is he? :ugeek:

19262526023_f66735f1c1_z.jpg

Mister Rab

Re: RoC creations - centaur and sorcerer

I got the centaur and sorcerer finished... although I'm no closer to finding out what model the sorcerer is!

19974139581_4fa34b4323.jpg

[
19968974555_8b125b847c.jpg

Mister Rab

Re: RoC creations - chaos warrior

Quick snap of the second warrior for my force. Sto'knor Macekiller from the CH3 chaos warrior range... the only chaos warrior I've spotted who actually has the arrow of law on his armour!

20586342594_323a069033.jpg

A "trade me something back someday" parcel from Asslessman (top bloke!), I had to paint him up straight away, with a Gallic colour reference, suitably inverted (Chaos, innit!), although I want to revisit the shield as it looks a little clunky with overly wide black-lining after running it through photoshop :?

Re: RoC creations - "lawful" chaos warrior 07/09

Love the figure and the paintjob. I have that figure in my chaos warriors. Could he be a double agent?

Mister Rab

RoC creations - banner bearer 19/09

Buried within my padded envelope of chaos, I have a couple of miniatures who have fallen victim to the saws and snippers of previous owners. This chap was sadly missing his shield arm, so I decided to make him tentacular-spectacular...

21535817585_72e85fc53e_z.jpg

... and give him a flag to wave around. The pole is from the fairly recent plastic beastmen box, the spike from a plastic chaos warrior sprue, the cross-piece from my usual pinning wire, and some very fine waxed thread wrapped round for luck.

21524633772_4e07227c61.jpg

It might be a while before I pluck up courage/find inspiration for the banner itself, but I'm fairly happy with this first step.

Mister Rab

Re: RoC creations - "lawful" chaos warrior 07/09

airbornegrove26":2hq1i0yn said:
Love the figure and the paintjob. I have that figure in my chaos warriors. Could he be a double agent?

Thanks :) Double-agent? Perhaps; he's a shifty looking bugger!

antipixi

Re: RoC creations - banner bearer 19/09

I was pleased with the tentacle on my champion, but yours is bloody awesome! It appears the student has become the master! (Git!) :grin:

Mister Rab

antipixi":1eqimyp2 said:
I was pleased with the tentacle on my champion, but yours is bloody awesome! It appears the student has become the master! (Git!) :grin:

:lol: Cheers, mate! I cheated and used one from a conversion sprue by maxmini ;)

I hope you like the next step, though -
21603053519_1e72700fbb.jpg

And with a bit of a close-up on his face (which I'm quite chuffed with):
21799407721_feb7ecdc72.jpg

His friend was completed at the same time:
21778206582_1e9dcd0109.jpg

Now I just have to paint a banner.....

Back