Schrumpfkopf's army log - update: the awkward lean

I badly needed a break from all those Napoleonics and was starting to paint some old models. First one is a proper Troll. Not really Oldhammer but still 20 years old.

fantasy_01.jpg

More soon!

Chico

Re: Schrumpfkopf's army log

20 years old eh? almost as old as Fimm's undies and just as yellow :)

Good job on the Troll though :grin:

Blue in VT

I really love your choie of skin color...very nice indeed!

I'm a big fan of these 4th edition trolls...particularly the River trolls.

Blue

Protist

Interesting choice to paint him yellow - definitely a good decision, he looks great! I'm also a huge fan of this range of trolls, shame I only own one and I can't find him!

Niibl

when those Trolls were released and shown in WD it was one of those "must have" moments.
I bought the whole set asap but never got further than a dark green base coat for a paintjob.
Thanks for showing me how it should be done. There will be some Trolls in a stripping jar soon.
I also like your choice of base. Is it just for the looks or a game system?

Thanks!

Re yellow: I bought the new Andrea yellow set and just had to do it!
Re rules: I am playing 3rd edition WFB and Hott.

I bought 2 more of these Trolls on Ebay for £20... Just couldn't keep myself from doing it.
At the same time I bought a box of 2010 Nightgobbos for £8 - I think that was a bargain and I like the sculpts, but I most of all have a fair few old unpainted command figs to spice them up. I already painted a small unit and I am now trying to source more.

Mum said that this isn't really an Oldhammer thing to do, but for me it's really about the price tag and the sculpts hehe.

gobbos_01.jpg

gobbos_02.jpg

gobbos_00.jpg

Golgfag1

Re: Schrumpfkopf's army log - update Gobbos

I wouldn't worry about about being 'oldhammer' your making quite a nice job of those Goblins, and it's the game you play and the way you play it that count, more power to the brush. 8-)

Paul / Golgfag1

Protist

£8 seems pretty good to me and they're miles better than the old plastic goblins sets from 4ed. What's not Oldhammer about them then?

Nice work

My Night Goblin army is chock full of those plastics, they're great!
Like you I have the old metals in the front ranks.

Nice work.

Yeah - I wasn't too serious about it being 'oldhammer' anyway - I mean - with prices for old stuff on Ebay being en par and sometimes much higher than with new stuff it comes again more down to what the models look like. That and I am really not opposed to buying non Citadel stuff.

Now on to the other 2 trolls. Sadly I have a1 head twice, so this will look a bit lame when the gang is ready.

I say, good fellow, that's some mighty fine night gobbos you have there.

A menacing little pack indeed.

Those night gobbos look splendid. And as others have said, there's nothing Oldhammer...er than not giving a hang about where something comes from as long is it looks good. But I think my favourite part of this thread is the troll; the contrast between the skin tone and the hair/scales is what really gives it impact.

Re: Schrumpfkopf's army log - update more Trolls

I finally got around to paint the 2 others trolls I've sourced. I painted one blue because I ended up with 3 different bodies but only 2 different heads.

Blue Troll
trolls_01.jpg

trolls_03.jpg

Yellow Troll
trolls_02.jpg

trolls_04.jpg

I also made a proper base for the 3
trolls_05.jpg

And this is wha tthe gang looks like
trolls_06.jpg

Next thing in the queue are some Squigs and Nightgobbo herders.

Re: Schrumpfkopf's army log - update 90's Halflings

Still honing my black and yellow skills. This time with some Halflings in Landsknecht garb.

hab_front.jpg

hab_back.jpg

Why in the heavens are they so fat?

the traditional british answer to the question "why is x so fat?" is as follows.

Because every time x fucked your mum, she made x a sandwich.

daddyorchips":1ig7ahvi said:
the traditional british answer to the question "why is x so fat?" is as follows.

Because every time x fucked your mum, she made x a sandwich.

Hah - I thought their faces remind me in the ones of my 'uncles'.

Back