Citadel C23 Pit Fighter

Dreamfish

Administrator
I wanted to do something different, something larger than a Dwarf. I believe many of you have the opposite problem, but I've got too many goodfellas. I need more bad guys. I already got him primed, based and base painted his skin. Don't have a plan, just paint as I go along.

Attachments

• 2013-05-19 17.31.24.jpg
    2013-05-19 17.31.24.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 2,750

Mutantdale

Nice skin tone blending so far. Not a mini you see painted very often..
I spy the old hexagonal gw pots in the background too. I opened my scorpion green for the first time in over a decade last night in a similar pot... still perfect..

MD :ugeek:

Orlygg

Nice skin tones, care to share the recipe. Neat desk too, mine looks like a bomb site I can tell you!

Dreamfish

Administrator
Maybe it's the picture or the lighting, but the skin only has a base of Dark Fleshtone, covered with Skin Wash. The real magic still has yet to come!

@Mutantdale, yes I like them too, unlike later editions which dried up after a couple weeks.

@Orlygg, usually it doesn't look this clean. I always clean up between projects ;)

Dreamfish

Administrator
Just finished first skin layer. It's starting to come alive.

Attachments

• 2013-05-20 19.13.36.jpg
    2013-05-20 19.13.36.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2,698

Dreamfish

Administrator
I think I'm done with the skin. I couldn't get a good frontal picture with my mobile phone, so instead I took one of its back. It has a better representation of the color.

This is what I did:

Skin
1. Dark Fleshtone
2. Skin Wash
3. Dark Fleshtone + Glaze
4. Fleshtone Shade Wash
5. Dark Fleshtone + Thinner + Water
6. Dark Fleshtone + Dwarf Skin (4:1) (1st Highlight)
7. Fleshtone Shade +Thinner (Wash)
8. Dark Fleshtone + Dwarf Skin (3:1) (2nd Highlight)
9. Fleshtone Shade + Thinner (Wash)
10. Dark Fleshtone + Dwarf Skin (2:1) (3rd Highlight)
11. Fleshtone Shade + Thinner (Wash)
11. Dark Fleshtone + Dwarf Skin (1:1) (4th Highlight)
12. Fleshtone Shade + Thinner (Wash)

I don't know why exactly, but this model has cracks on some parts. For instance look at the back near the edges of his pants.

Attachments

• 2013-05-23 21.13.09.jpg
    2013-05-23 21.13.09.jpg
    771.7 KB · Views: 2,657

Dreamfish

Administrator
I finished his face, except for his eye, it needs more work. I'm currently working on the metal and leather parts.

Attachments

• 2013-05-26 20.40.06.jpg
    2013-05-26 20.40.06.jpg
    911.8 KB · Views: 2,617

Dreamfish

Administrator
There you go, finished in only 2 weeks!

c23-pit-fighter.jpg

Whitesun

Such a lovely model... the new OK Ogres don't seem to do it for me with the exception of a couple. The older Ogres just seem that much more characterful.

Dreamfish

Administrator
I'm looking for a good name for my Ogre. I've been looking at various Roman gladiator names and eventually stumbled upon this wiki article.

Let's suppose the Ogre is left-handed, making him according to the wiki article an "evil", "unlucky", "unworthy" liveform. Having his left-hand (good hand) cut off and replaced by a hook makes him even more "left-handed". By raising is left-hand up, he also seems to be pointing out his handicap. As to be proud of it. His pose which is slightly positioned to the left also indicates him being left-handed. You could even go as far as saying that everything left about him is crippled. His left-hand, left-leg and left-eye.

He possibly got his injuries from being "left" in the first place. Having all his left parts replaced by iron prosthetics makes him more "left". So, I need a name which embodies the handicap of him being "left" and at the same time labels him as extremely "incompetent". Any ideas anyone?

Asslessman

Dreamfish":tpen9bwn said:
I'm looking for a good name for my Ogre. I've been looking at various Roman gladiator names and eventually stumbled upon this wiki article.

Let's suppose the Ogre is left-handed, making him according to the wiki article an "evil", "unlucky", "unworthy" liveform. Having his left-hand (good hand) cut off and replaced by a hook makes him even more "left-handed". By raising is left-hand up, he also seems to be pointing out his handicap. As to be proud of it. His pose which is slightly positioned to the left also indicates him being left-handed. You could even go as far as saying that everything left about him is crippled. His left-hand, left-leg and left-eye.

He possibly got his injuries from being "left" in the first place. Having all his left parts replaced by iron prosthetics makes him more "left". So, I need a name which embodies the handicap of him being "left" and at the same time labels him as extremely "incompetent". Any ideas anyone?

Well the worst name in that case would be "Dexter" (which means right in latin and which implies dexterity) I guess, anything with "Sinister" (meaning left in latin) seems relevant. I believe Sinister could work well since it has the "left" peaning and a latin origin fitting a gladiator. you could also associate him to the type of gladiator he is depending on his gear (don't know which it would be though)

EDIT : Sorry about the explanations, I didn't see they were already in the link posted, you may have thought of this yourself before...

Dreamfish

Administrator
Asslessman":ol1g2qh9 said:
EDIT : Sorry about the explanations, I didn't see they were already in the link posted, you may have thought of this yourself before...
Yeah, I was already looking in that direction.

The Spanish word "Chueco" Literally, "chueco" means twisted or non-straight. Norwegian "Kjevhendt" meaning; Crooked-handed. Portugues "Canhoto" meaning; lacking ability or physical co-ordination; clumsy; badly done or made "Canhoto" is a popular name for the Devil.

The Turkish word "Solak" has a nice ring to it, but it lacks the insult.

Or in Gaelic "Citeog", pronounced like "kit-ogue" to an English speaker. The meaning is perfect. Maybe even change it to "Citeogre" or "Kit-ogre", or is that too far fetched?

What about "Ugluk Kjevhendt", "Ugluk" sounds like "tough luck" and "Kjevhendt" sounds like "left-hand" and means left-handed in Norwegian.

Asslessman

Dreamfish":3k6gr3is said:
Asslessman":3k6gr3is said:
Yeah, I was already looking in that direction.

The Spanish word "Chueco" Literally, "chueco" means twisted or non-straight. Norwegian "Kjevhendt" meaning; Crooked-handed. Portugues "Canhoto" meaning; lacking ability or physical co-ordination; clumsy; badly done or made "Canhoto" is a popular name for the Devil.

The Turkish word "Solak" has a nice ring to it, but it lacks the insult.

Or in Gaelic "Citeog", pronounced like "kit-ogue" to an English speaker. The meaning is perfect. Maybe even change it to "Citeogre" or "Kit-ogre", or is that too far fetched?

What about "Ugluk Kjevhendt", "Ugluk" sounds like "tough luck" and "Kjevhendt" sounds like "left-hand" and means left-handed in Norwegian.

I find Canhoto sounds great and the meaning is good.
The french version could be "Gauche" (pronounced ghosh in english, sort of mix between ghost and gosh) which means left and/or clumsy

Ti Pouchon

Round these parts, an insulting term for a clumsy, oafish person is "Dattes" (pronounced Dáhttes), while left-handed folks are called "Barfüßer" (lit.: bare-feet-walkers).

Dreamfish

Administrator
Zhu Bajie":1nuzegs4 said:
cracking pj on a great figure. As for a name...

Abdul Hamsta

did I just go there? Yes I did :lol: :twisted:
Thanks, this one got me thinking. Let's see, when a gotee protrudes at least 2 inches past the chin or is it as in having a hamsta brain? Otherwise, I fear I'm totally missing out on all the fun.

Back