Rebirth of Ratwig's Raiders

Ratwig

This is the third version of Ratwig's Raiders. I sold the first two versions of the army in the 90's, oh well. In the first iteration, Ratwig was mounted on a war boar, in the second, he was mounted on a wyvern. This time, he is just on foot with a double handed axe. The army picture shows the state of bare lead at this time. I hope to add updates regularly.

Attachments

• Ratwig.jpg
    Ratwig.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 3,269
  • Army Pic.png
    Army Pic.png
    255.1 KB · Views: 3,269

Ratwig

Work in progress on some orc archers. Still fiddling with the skin color.

Attachments

• Archers 2.png
    Archers 2.png
    219.9 KB · Views: 3,183

Ratwig

OK, here are three of my first six completed troops for the army. Pictures are brutal when you get the super close ups, fortunately, I have to shrink them before posting.

Attachments

• Archer 1.png
    Archer 1.png
    206.2 KB · Views: 3,163
  • Archer 2.png
    Archer 2.png
    208.3 KB · Views: 3,163
  • Archer 3.png
    Archer 3.png
    244.7 KB · Views: 3,163

Ratwig

And the last three archers for my new army.

Attachments

• Archer 4.png
    Archer 4.png
    243.8 KB · Views: 3,164
  • Archer 5.png
    Archer 5.png
    246.7 KB · Views: 3,164
  • Archer 6.png
    Archer 6.png
    239 KB · Views: 3,164

Ratwig

The orc in the middle is a Marauder black orc with spear tip replaced with an axe head, the rest are old citadel models. I do not own any Iron Claw figs now, used to have a bunch back last century.

Ratwig

More work in progress of the command element for "Shagbat's Shooters". Unit commander used to be Yaskin Forit, but his head was changed out with a screamer head.

Attachments

• Shagbat 1.png
    Shagbat 1.png
    231.9 KB · Views: 3,002

Ratwig

Start of wolf rider unit:

Attachments

• Wolfriders WIP 1.png
    Wolfriders WIP 1.png
    248.2 KB · Views: 3,001
  • Wolfriders WIP 2.png
    Wolfriders WIP 2.png
    229.1 KB · Views: 3,001
  • Wolfriders WIP 3.png
    Wolfriders WIP 3.png
    238.1 KB · Views: 3,001

Ratwig

Ratwig and his ASB in progress.

Attachments

• Ratwig WIP.png
    Ratwig WIP.png
    208.1 KB · Views: 3,001
  • Ratwig and ASB WIP 1.png
    Ratwig and ASB WIP 1.png
    209.2 KB · Views: 3,001

Protist

Love these old orcs - I have a few of Harboth's archers and Ruglud's armoured boys myself. I also just painted up my black orc, though I never thought to change the spear for an axe... it improves the model no end! I mean what sort of wimpy black orc carries a pointing stick anyway?

Keep up the good work - that's a bucket load of lead to get through and, from personal experience, it can get daunting ;)

Ratwig

Protist":36gpkp1o said:
Love these old orcs - I have a few of Harboth's archers and Ruglud's armoured boys myself. I also just painted up my black orc, though I never thought to change the spear for an axe... it improves the model no end! I mean what sort of wimpy black orc carries a pointing stick anyway?

Keep up the good work - that's a bucket load of lead to get through and, from personal experience, it can get daunting ;)

The spear head was what always stopped me from painting that figure in the past, then I obtained a Marauder troll with an axe and I decided that it was perfect, so the troll now has a sharp stick and Ratwig has the axe. My other troll has a rock, so a sharp stick isn't that big a stretch...

Excellent stuff - I was trying to buy some old orcs on Ebay lately but they were ridiculously expensive when they got sold.

Really it's painful to think that I used to have them all just to sell them for stuff teenagers need to get wasted...

Ratwig

Some more orcs, this time a unit of Boyz who will be a unit of fierce foot for Lion Rampant. Someday they will be used in a 3rd Edition game...

Attachments

• Ghaaks Hacks cmd pic.png
    Ghaaks Hacks cmd pic.png
    153.6 KB · Views: 986
  • Ghaaks Hacks cmd pic 2.png
    Ghaaks Hacks cmd pic 2.png
    155.1 KB · Views: 986
  • Ghaaks Hacks pic 2.png
    Ghaaks Hacks pic 2.png
    136.4 KB · Views: 986

Ratwig

And one more pic of the last three figs of Ghaak's Stunty Hackers: