Golgfag1's preparations for BOYL 2015

Golgfag1

Chico":piuugx1o said:
No mention of my 1-0 win of course ;) and for those wondering about that Catcher.. she's in the crowd ;)

And there was me thinking it was a friendly game, teaching me the rules of BB in prep for BOYL; Oh, well, which begs the question - why you didn't beat them by a wider margin?

Maybe you just weren't making those Armour rolls 8-)

Paul / Golgfag1

Chico

Golgfag1":39enlc6d said:
Chico":39enlc6d said:
No mention of my 1-0 win of course ;) and for those wondering about that Catcher.. she's in the crowd ;)

And there was me thinking it was a friendly game, teaching me the rules of BB in prep for BOYL; Oh, well, which begs the question - why you didn't beat them by a wider margin?

Maybe you just weren't making those Armour rolls 8-)

Paul / Golgfag1

That's a simple answer, it's cause I suck at BB :grin: hehe

As for you learning you caught on rather well so it wasn't a chore of a game but a rather fun entertaining one :) A few games under your belt and a numbered team and your'll be gravy for the Oldbowl.

Golgfag1

Already, marked up the team and purchased a game, associated teams (plastic - uck uck) and bits & pieces and planning for a re-match, looking good at the moment! 8-)

Paul / Golgfag1

Golgfag1

So, this originally started off as my - paint a figure in an hour challenge, daughter off to London, wife out shopping etc. here's the opportunity I've been waiting for; and then it started the phone calls, the deliveries, wife returns, lunch, do I go on; No, I bloody well just give up! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Any way this is what I ended up with before I gave up.
Enjoy
Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• part 5.JPG
    part 5.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 1,398
  • part4.JPG
    part4.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 1,398
  • part3.JPG
    part3.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 1,398
  • part 2.JPG
    part 2.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 1,397
  • The begining.JPG
    The begining.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 1,397

Harry

That's more than I get done in an hour. :grin:
Now enough of that sh!te ... start building a boat.

Golgfag1

Thanks for the comments guys, their not quite finished and all in all, will more than likely take another afternoon of interruptions to get to a stage of being, where I want to be, but time well spent. They'll more than likely be my crew for the boat, which just needs its sails and rigging or a mercenary band looking for employment protecting a caravan somewhere on the Eastern steppes! :grin:

Paul / Golgfag1

Golgfag1

Right, amongst all the other stuff I've currently got on the painting table I took the one hour challenge, again; but this time something a lot easier, simplier & thus a whole lot nastier to paint because of the latter - so, with a lot of dry-brushing and a burst of inspiration I present a 'C' series demon! Still needs to base sorting out, but completed well within the hour. 8-)

Enjoy

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• Demon 'C' series.JPG
    Demon 'C' series.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 1,283

Golgfag1

Here's what I've currently painting -those of you who've seen my most recent posts may see the similarities in the colours being used!

My plan is to complete ten figures per week on the run-up to BOYL2015, so hopefully I'll have a reasonably sized warband/host by the time I see you all there. 8-)

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• seekers wip.JPG
    seekers wip.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 1,244

Golgfag1

Ok, ship finally rigged, just applying paint to the crew and passengers!
Blood bowl team ready & able
Brettonians boxed and ready for Steve.
Wolf riders and Half-orcs ready with the horse nomads still requiring basing for the other Steve
Also bring my Lizardmen/Slann hopefully for a game of third against someone?
Might also bring my early 40k stuff just in case!

How's everybody else doing?

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• WIP Boat2.JPG
    WIP Boat2.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 1,322
  • battle lines5.JPG
    battle lines5.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 1,322

Golgfag1

Thanks for the comments guys,

As for the sail - no, I'm not that steady with a brush over a textured surface, a hand drawn paper stencil, painted and lacquered in place.

Very kind words from a maestro of the knife and brush are high praise in deed - One day Nico we will have to have a re-match my Slann / Lizardmen against your forces of Chaos or whatever you've graced talent upon (?) - one day, one of us will cross the channel, one day!

All I do is apply the paint Chico, the toys do the rest.

Paul / Golgafg1

Nico

One day Yes... Cross the channel to play a huge battle ... An orgy of Oldschool lead, Like this :
1%20GD86_zpsk4yg7zpg.jpg

Gamesday 1986.

Golgfag1

I was there - Royal Horticultural Hall, London - just round the corner from where I lived, when I first moved to London. :grin:

Great days

Paul / Golgfag1

Golgfag1

More work in progress coming to a successful conclusion - Seeker of Slannesh

Paul / Golgfag1

Yes, I know more naked, nubile Daemons :o :shock: :o , what can I say - I'm at that phase!

Attachments

• seekers wip2.JPG
    seekers wip2.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 1,284
  • seekers wip4.JPG
    seekers wip4.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 1,284
  • seekers wip6.JPG
    seekers wip6.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 1,284

Fimm McCool

Golgfag1":8uddrwbg said:
How's everybody else doing?

Chaos/Orc ship and crew, done: http://fimmmccools.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/sailing-for-adventure-on-big-blue-wet.html
Chaos and Fimir ships, built, ready for painting: http://fimmmccools.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/a-tale-of-two-longships-oldhammer-ahoy.html
Chaos Dwarf ship, done:http://fimmmccools.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/oldhammer-ahoy-boyl-2015.html
Blood Bowl team, done:http://fimmmccools.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/bowling-for-blood-black-forest-chateau.html

Goblink airship, in progress. Deathrace terrain, in progress. Electric Goats warband, picked, awaiting paint.

Slowly getting there.

Golgfag1

Well done Fimm, looks as though we'll be playing fairly similar things all weekend, Hows your timetable looking for a game of Blood Bowl?

Paul / Golgfag1

Back