Golgfag1's preparations for BOYL 2015

Golgfag1

Well, I wasn't quite sure where to post this topic, but work in progress appears to fit the bill, so here goes -

Following the last two years where I've tramped hundreds of figures "up North" and not used half of em! I've decided this year - Everything I'll be taking will be either: new or freshly painted stuff from bit's & pieces I have sat in boxes. :lol: :lol: :lol: or stuff I have & have never played with, in the game it was actually meant to be played in ie. Escher gang members playing Necromunda, rather than militia in my 40k games.

So, here's my list of stuff to do on the run up BOYL 2015, here's hoping I get half the stuff I plan to do, done:

Paint a team & play a game of Blood Bowl - half way there, one team painted 8-) - check
Play at least two games over the course of the weekend, I've never played before - Blood Bowl and A.N.other.
Build & paint a ship & crew for Warhammer ahoy - in the process of building ship, still deciding on a crew.
Turn up with a new painted army - still trying to decide which and play a game of Third edition Warhammer - 1-2-1, any volunteers, say two, to two & a half thousand points?
Book hotel room & hire car to ensure I get there & have a bed for the night. ;)

Any body else have plans?

Paul / Golgfag1

Chico

I'm pretty much all sorted for BOYL

Paint 500pts 15mm Force for USEME - Done
Paint a BB team - Done (Anything else painted will be extras)
Sort out prize support for the Oldbowl (Thanks to Curtis) - Done with many extras
Deside a gang for Necrohulk game.. errr still no idea which one I'll take.
Book a hotel room - check
Sort out how I'm getting to Newark - Shit I still have no way to get there yet, most likly end up on a coach again (Hopefully It won't take 12 hours to get home this time)

Fimm McCool

Finish building and painting 4 ships and crews
Build terrain for the Deathrace
Paint a warband for Electric Goats
Maybe find out how to play Blood Bowl, collect and paint a team.

Chase Harry to see if he's booked a room yet....

Golgfag1

Well, the three of us will hopefully have things ready for the main event with a little help from one another - Chico are you still in Watford? If so, I should be in the position to give you a lift, your room is you own affair. Also, are you available for a game of Blood Bowl, one evening at the Watford Club? :grin: Given that others are talking upgrades etc, I think I might need to practice, which cuts out the fun in my opinion! :? :? :?
Fimm, not sure I can help you at the moment, but if circumstance change, just ask & I'll try.

Only four months to go gentlemen, hope your ready?

Paint a team & play a game of Blood Bowl - half way there, one team painted 8-) - check
Play at least two games over the course of the weekend, I've never played before - Blood Bowl and A.N.other.
Build & paint a ship & crew for Warhammer ahoy - in the process of building ship, still deciding on a crew.
Turn up with a new painted army - Have an army of choice and still looking for an opponent to play a game of Third edition Warhammer - 1-2-1?
Hotel booked and paid for, just need the car!

Paul / Golgfag1

Chico

Golgfag1":2zwmd6uv said:
Chico are you still in Watford? If so, I should be in the position to give you a lift, your room is you own affair. Also, are you available for a game of Blood Bowl, one evening at the Watford Club?

Paul / Golgfag1

I'm now living in Bushey-Watford border, so aye more or less still in Watford :) If you able to give me a lift and are going up on the Friday that'll be handy also more them happy to put some money in for the petrol costs (Plus your'll get a set of Space Dorfs to say thankyou). When will you know for certain if you will be able too? Just encase plans change I'll need to book a coach.

As for a BB game, yes sir always up for a game just name the date(s) which you want to play and I'll make myself available, just bring ya team everything else will be supplied :)

Golgfag1

Chico":12vjonzl said:
I'm now living in Bushey-Watford border, so aye more or less still in Watford :) If you able to give me a lift and are going up on the Friday that'll be handy also more them happy to put some money in for the petrol costs (Plus your'll get a set of Space Dorfs to say thankyou). When will you know for certain if you will be able too? Just encase plans change I'll need to book a coach.

As for a BB game, yes sir always up for a game just name the date(s) which you want to play and I'll make myself available, just bring ya team everything else will be supplied :)

Lift - It'll be closer the time but certainly the month before, good enough?

Game - What night does Watford Wargamers meet?

As for preparations here's what I've been doing this weekend 8-)

I tried the PVA trick and wasn't impressed, as I wanted something a little more roburst - So, used Milliput, really thin Milliput!

Have agood one

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• Dragon 002.jpg
    Dragon 002.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 3,140
  • Dragon 006.jpg
    Dragon 006.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 3,140
  • Dragon 008.jpg
    Dragon 008.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 3,140

Chico

Aye a month before or sooner should be ok bud :) Games night is every Wednesday night at st thomas church langley road from 6pm-10pm. First time is free.

Golgfag1

This Wednesday maybe a little too short notice as it's my regular evening at Reading, but how about the following week? Should be there for about 6:30pm - 7:00pm as I'll be coming straight from work, so forgive the collar & tie and I don't expect the M25 to be very forgiving at that time. :lol:

Paul / Golgfag1

What are you planning to do with the dragon at BOYL then Golfag?!

I dont need to do any prep, I already have everyting I will be using done and done. Like, from the old days! ;)

Harry

Dragon looks great.

Can I suggest space Fleet as your A another game. Chris and I have played a couple of games recently and its great fun ... minutes to learn. Quick to play. Great for a gap filler...... and most importantly you only need to paint one miniature ... a space ship. (Does not need to be an old citadel space fleet mini ... Any manufacturer will be fine). In fact you don't even need to paint a ship ... we have some extras. :grin:

Also Chis has developed a great, simple version of BloodBowl called BeerBowl. :grin:
You only need a six man team for that ... and you can pick from your existing BlooodBowl team.

Golgfag1

ramshackle_curtis":2d1dlsy8 said:
What are you planning to do with the dragon at BOYL then Golfag?!

I don't need to do any prep, I already have everyting I will be using done and done. Like, from the old days! ;)

The dragon, well, somethings got to sit on the Captain's shoulder and I thought - why not have the Captain sit on somethings shoulder, just to be different!

As for prep. - Nah, I'm looking to do something new this year, so new toys. 8-)

Paul / Golgfag1

Golgfag1

Harry":ewpcmwpm said:
Dragon looks great.

Can I suggest space Fleet as your A another game. Chris and I have played a couple of games recently and its great fun ... minutes to learn. Quick to play. Great for a gap filler...... and most importantly you only need to paint one miniature ... a space ship. (Does not need to be an old citadel space fleet mini ... Any manufacturer will be fine). In fact you don't even need to paint a ship ... we have some extras. :grin:

Also Chis has developed a great, simple version of BloodBowl called BeerBowl. :grin:
You only need a six man team for that ... and you can pick from your existing BlooodBowl team.

Space fleet - I'm up for it - what scale?

Beer Bowl sounds even more interesting - tell me more? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul / Golgfag1

Golgfag1

Oh, and I have to ask is anybody arranging event dice, pins etc. for BOYL 2015, as I'd obviously like some; if, someone was to arrange such a thing - Mr Rab? :grin:

In hope

Paul / Golgfag1

Fimm McCool

I heard there was going to be a t-shirt....

I'm planning on getting some generic dungeon-creation-system cards done up in the next few months, if there's any interest in such a thing I can expand further and take orders to have ready for BOYL.

Golgfag1

Thanks for the game last night Chico,

An enjoyable game in good company, I learn t the basics and will hope to per-cure a set of the rules before our next encounter 8-), hopefully next month.

I'll post pictures this evening once I've downloaded the few pictures I took.

All the best

Paul / Golgfag1

Golgfag1

Hi Chico,

Here are the pictures of the latter part of the game of me desperately trying to pick-up the ball and throw it down the length of the pitch!

Oh, what fun :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• BloodBowl1.jpg
    BloodBowl1.jpg
    474.7 KB · Views: 1,841
  • Bloodbowl2.jpg
    Bloodbowl2.jpg
    359.3 KB · Views: 1,841
  • BloodBowl3.jpg
    BloodBowl3.jpg
    455.6 KB · Views: 1,841

Chico

No mention of my 1-0 win of course ;) and for those wondering about that Catcher.. she's in the crowd ;)

Back