Show us what you are working on at the moment

Moderator: Moderators

Post Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:07 pm

Re: Rogue Trader Space Marines - Howling Griffon Sigmar VI C

Those look amazingly good!

Post Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:22 am

WON - DER - FUL
Every detail is excellent, the colours and excecution are splendid and really bring the best of those sculpts and the camo pattern is just right when it could have been messy or overdone. I'd really want to see the future squads.
Whoever would complain about this one not being "legal" in terms of army list would spoil the chance to play against a gorgeous army (which should be considered a crime really).

Post Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:55 pm

Thanks very much for the comments guys, very encouraging.

The squad is only not legal as there are two heavy weapons, should be one special weapon and one heavy, but like I say, this will be sorted with the next batch of guys.

Just made a start on the leader dude last night so hopefully I can crack him out quite quickly
RT Space Marines - Howling Griffon Sigmar VI Camo Project Log http://forum.oldhammer.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5645

Post Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:55 pm

Absolutely stonkingly brilliant! :shock:

Post Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:43 am

Could be a Devastator squad with "up to 4 heavy wpns" ;)
Rogue Trader Rainbow Warriors space marines viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8122

Post Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am

moar!

thwthyetytwhwt h

Post Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:36 pm

Thanks for the comments Chaps!

here are a few little updates for you....nothing finished yet but it keeps the ball rolling dunnit

wip paint job on the leader guy, not really sure what his role is going to be yet but i like the miniature

Sorry for the blurry Pic below but its just to give you an idea, these are just the base coats, the Grey section will eventually be white with a Griffon on it

Will hopefully be doing a bit of work on this guy later tonight, so fingers crossed it wont be long before I have a finished pic to show you
RT Space Marines - Howling Griffon Sigmar VI Camo Project Log http://forum.oldhammer.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5645

Post Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:20 pm

Right, here is the start of another build.

I mentioned earlier that I didn't want any overly elaborate standards or anything like that as my guys are supposed to be soldiers in space rather than Monastic Knights in space. Anyway after a conversation with Warcanvas about what I was going to do for an army standard (they give a bonus to your troops in 2nd edition) I set about looking for some inspiration.

It wasn't long before I spotted the below image while browsing through the 1990 Fantasy Miniatures book

The guy with the Standard perfectly fits my idea of what I would like my standard bearer to look like, so I set about making my own. My version isn't as extensively converted as the guy in the picture as I will not be removing the miniatures existing arm.

I started by Drilling a 1.6mm hole in his hand, trying to get the angle of the hole as close to the pictured version as possible without ruining the existing hand

I then used the Drill bit to cut a pocket into the guys chest where the banner pole could rest, this also allowed me to get closer to the desired angle, the pic below shows the channel that was cut

I then test fitted the banner pole material - I will be using 1.6mm brass rod. this is the angle I managed to achieve. I will re-sculpt the hand slightly when the brass rod is glued in so that it looks a bit more natural

finally, I scoured my bits box for something to use as a banner topper, unfortunately the only suitable thing i could find was from my Leman Russ figures backpack and I'm not cutting that up! So instead I have attempted to make a 2 part press mould out of Oyumaru and filled it with Procreate putty. I have never used this stuff before so hopefully it works.

And that Cliffhanger is where we will leave it tonight ;)

Post Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:55 am

Looking good mate!

I love that picture!! Your army is really shaping up nicely!
For retro sci-fi action visit my Oldhammer 40k Blog:

http://classicastartes.blogspot.co.uk

Post Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:34 pm

Splendid stuff Dan, hmmm I think the banner pole is a little too thick, maybe drop down to a 1.2mm or 1mm pole. However darker the pole is the thiner it will look, bit like when you wear black...
Rogue Trader Rainbow Warriors space marines viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8122
PreviousNext

Return to WIP