Rogue Trader Space Marines - Howling Griffon Sigmar VI Camo

Show us what you are working on at the moment

Moderator: Moderators

Post Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:47 am

Re: RT Space Marines - Howling Griffon Sigmar VI Camo

Very cool stuff so far, the test marine looks excellent, the kil kil kil was a nice touch, am I right in that the camo doesn't extend to his helmet? was there a particular reason for that?

the tank look great, I don't think I've ever seen that converion before but it's very cool.

lookin forward to seeing more

Post Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:15 am

This thread is just getting better and better. The work on the sargeant is excellent and that rhino variant is just perfect.

Post Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:22 am

Wow!! These are turning out extremely good! Not only you are doing a superb work on the camo, but the Rhino is ace! Well done! (I need an clapping emoticon! :D )

Post Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:42 pm

Cheers for the comments guys, I'm glad your digging it so far.

@Mr Tough Guy. You bring up a good point, I ummed and ahhed for a little while about extending the camo up on to the helmet like it is in the original compendium drawing, but then decided on leaving them without. There were a few reasons for this, I reckon it would look a bit jumbled and unfocused to have camo on the main focal point of the miniature, and I worried that it would obscure the classic mk6 helmet shape. It works in the original drawing but may not translate so well over to a mini.

To be honest I think the main reason was that I thought the plain yellow looked cool as it makes the face and stripe stand out more. It also gives me more options down the line if I want to do any other coloured masks or helmets for commanders or veterans etc
RT Space Marines - Howling Griffon Sigmar VI Camo Project Log http://forum.oldhammer.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5645

Post Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:48 pm

I really enjoy the direction you're moving in. And I'm a sucker for 'Kil Kil Kil.' Great to see the RT space marine vibe being embraced.

Post Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:56 am

Fantastic stuff Asgard, I've always had a soft spot for patterned marine armour, just not the skills to pull it off, this could be enough to get me started on those blizzard pattern marines :)
Image Image

Post Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:23 pm

Excellent work Dan the models sorry sculpts look great in the flesh, cant wait to see more of them painted up :)
Rogue Trader Rainbow Warriors space marines viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8122

Post Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:43 am

Excellent camo marine, wonderful adaptation of the Marine Sergeant, and a mind-blowingly good Rhino variant. I can't wait to see how these all progress :)

Post Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:45 am

Hi Guys, thanks all for the cool comments. I have a little update on the painting, its not terribly exciting but at least we are getting somewhere

So here are the first 9 guys with the yellow finished, this was the most tedious part of the painting so far and took me a while to get through, its two coats of Iyanden Darksun, then a Sepia wash and then bring back main colour

and here they are with the first stage of the Camo applied

Next up is stage two of the camo and then some oldschool blacklining, and a bit of a tidy up!
RT Space Marines - Howling Griffon Sigmar VI Camo Project Log http://forum.oldhammer.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5645

Post Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:33 pm

Awesome stuff :)
Rogue Trader Rainbow Warriors space marines viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8122
PreviousNext

Return to WIP