Rogue Trader Space Marines - Howling Griffon Sigmar VI Camo

AsgardUK

Re: Rogue Trader Space Marines - Howling Griffon Sigmar VI C

Cheers guys,

1.6mm is about the thicknees of the Leman Russ pole, in fact its a little thicker! If I use a thinner pole then the banner topper looks too big.

You would be surprised how thick they actually made the banner poles, but I guess you never really think about it unless you start looking.

warcanvas

I get ya, but those banner poles are ones mounted on back packs not parade/hand held ones).. Anyway just a thought

AsgardUK

Well, That was a quick 5 Months! House renovation continues to take me away from my toys but I have managed to get a few little bits done in the quiet moments, so thought I would do a quick catch up on here.

Last time I was working on building the Standard bearer, I made a mould with some Oyumaru for the banner topper and here are the results, the two Grey ones are different mixes of Procreate and the one I ended up using is just Milliput. I think the Procreate gives better detail but the Milliput was more solid and sandable

sorry for the massive pics, photobucket edit is being rubbish

20151006_151713_1.jpg

and here he is with a mocked up banner

20151007_021855_001.jpg

a couple of other little build bits have been making some back packs with ariels on for the Comms Guys - I do have a couple of the metal ones but find them a bit thick. I used stretched sprue over a candle flame

20151007_020355.jpg

20151007_094521.jpg

AsgardUK

And an update on the painting....with more excuses!

finally got a bit of time to finish the Leader guy,

Apologies for the quality of the pics but the lighting has been really bad, going to have to wait until we get daylight again to get some better snaps, but this gives you an idea.

Gryphe%20Badlight%20copy.jpg

Gryphe%20Badlight2%20copy.jpg

And here he is with a few of his mates

Gryphe%20and%20Friends%20copy.jpg

finally, got the next 10 guys on the go, when these are complete and mixed with the first 10 guys I should end up with 2 "legal" Tactical Squads for 2nd Edition and a leader....game on!

20151217_142949.jpg

Cheers

Kaaleb

AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEE :shock:

I love your Griffons they're look so oldskool like that from the GW Studio back in '86/'87

ardyer

Love how heraldry on his shoulder pad came out!

symphonicpoet

Heck of a project you have going there. The stretched sprue looks great. Love how the banner looks so far. Great paint. Nice mods. Well done.

AsgardUK

Thanks very much guys, glad you're enjoying following the (slow) progress ☺

MagpieJono

How's the Rhino going? Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Suber

Wow, the guy looks really integrated, you made them all tremendously cool!

AsgardUK

Cheers Chaps!

MagpieJono - unfortunately the Rhino is still exactly where I left it sitting in primer - I have however mentally painted it about a million times, I just cant decide what to do, I'm about 90% sure of the colour scheme, but I cant decide on the actual process of painting it. I haven't painted a tank for years and years and never really enjoyed them. I'm hoping things will be different this time round as I have quite a few to paint!

warcanvas

The leader dude looks great, cant wait to see the other squad finished. :grin:

Back