Rogue Trader Bloodthirster

Asslessman

Question is simple really, do you guys think this makes a convincing RT Bloodthirster and does the head work (still not glued in place). I know the weapon is on the large side too which some of you may not really like.

Putty work on the mutant arm ans skull by Diego and rest by me.

11016126_10153194452211789_5117851831439856587_o.jpg

11025925_10153194452171789_5392864301626042844_o.jpg

Scalene

Like the head, the tubes in the tentacle arm, everything except the weapon. I would be inclined to reduce the width of the blade but maybe keep the length of the toothed edge.

Yeah, the axe is way too big. The rest of the mini looks fine, but I'm not sure if it screams RT ;) maybe some more cables? More techy stuff i.e. gadgets attached to his chest....like Darth Vader :lol:

I'm not sure what to suggest, but I think it needs more pimping :grin:

It's coming along nicely.

Asslessman

Thanks you guys, it seems ther's a consensus about the axe... but I love it :oops:

In all honesty it is bigger than I would have wanted but I got lazy looking for bits and found these. I'll consider keeping the same chain length but with a reduced width. I also need to work on the vents tah tdon't look chaotic enough as Sean mentionned. A little more work then, good cheers for you feedback ;)

Suber

I must say I find this concept most interesting! I won't hit again on the axe, but the whole thing is ace!!

Protist

I don't get it, the axe rocks! What kind of enormous, super strong, badass demon wouldn't carry around an enormous, super sized, badass axe. I would if I were him :twisted:

Well, to sum up I'd be seriously pleased if I had this model on my workbench and ready to prime. In fact its the kind of model that makes we want to pull a sickie and stay home painting :o

I like the big axe on this model, seems to suit the subject matter better than most minis. If a Bloodthirster style dude can't have an unfeasibly large axe then who can, I axe you?

I'm good with the axe. I think the model overall looks great. I might agree, that he may not be 100% rogue trader feeling, but is a great looking conversion and think he would fit perfect in my second edition chaos army.

Aiteal

I like him
Chain axes would spread gallons of blood everywhere whilst rending flesh
What else would he use :)

Basement Dweller":3amkfytb said:
I'm good with the axe. I think the model overall looks great. I might agree, that he may not be 100% rogue trader feeling, but is a great looking conversion and think he would fit perfect in my second edition chaos army.

What he said.
Myself I generally have stupid hangups about non period parts but I reckon it will look great.

Now that's a demon of corse it needs that supersized BS axe its a supersized BS demon, it's scary looking. The axe is half the size of my me and that head looks great it adds in the hybrid look. Hell when that thing gets painted I'd find an excuse to be in the back send the brainwashed commissar to face that thing. I'm afraid he may come back running as well. That's just too cool.

Asslessman

Cheers, the decision has actually been made to reduce the axe a little (will reduce the width but will keep the chain length). I do want it to be menacing but I like some balance and for now it is somehow lacking a bit... surgery should happen soon and painting should follow right away ;)

thanks for your enthusiasm :grin:

Asslessman

Like it better ? The axe was reduced both in length and width (2mm each direction) but it was positioned a little higher on the handle, Neck is done and the model just needs basing and priming to go to the painting station...

DSC00578.JPG

DSC00579.JPG

axiom

The bloodthirster is fantastic JB! The revised axe is great, and the permanent head fixing looks really natural. I love the real daemonic nature the new head gives :)

Back