5th edition custom Lizardmen Blood Bowl team

Red Skullz

Hardly old by the forum standard but still 17 years old so not that bad ;) I buy and trade a lot of the older minis and convert them with newer kits to create a (hopefully) very unique esthetic with my models. You can see this in my O&G and VC army in the showrom on this forum.

Now for this team I inherited my younger brothers lizardmen. I decided to make a team out of the metal minis in that collection. I will get more minis for the lizardmen army in some time, but that will be newer stuff.

Skinks:

I used kroot arms to get better posing on them. Looks kinda out of scale in the pics but it`s not so bad irl.

Saurus and "kroxigor":

The ones with bonehelmets will be defensive players, with block and guard I guess. I have two more that will have feathers and be more blitzer types on the team.
Then it`s the old slann. I know I know, probably heresy to chop him up but I wanted him in the team. Especially since there where no kroxigors. I wonder where they are...

R

Red Skullz

Cheers mate :) I`ve done some more greenstuffing on the slann/krox. Mainly restoring the necklace and more gap filling and smoothing over the surfaces that got damaged with the clippers. The blockers are getting painted as we speak.

R

Thantsants

Agh - bloody Lizardmen always giving my Dark Elves a hard time on Blood Bowl Legendary! :mad:

All the same some interesting looking conversions - especially the Slann!

Looking forward to seeing some paint on them :)

Red Skullz

Never played with or against lizardmen so looking forward to it :) Btw, I love DE. Probably my fav team to play with. Combo of violence & speed is fantastic :grin:

R

Thantsants

Yup that's what got me hooked - till they run into a team where they are outgunned strength wise by the Saurus and Kroxigors and are forced to watch helplessly as a lowly Skink runs home with the touch down! :lol:

Red Skullz

Let`s hope I have a good one with the lizzies then ;)

But I`m playing with a skaven team for the next pro-season we`re running. That will also be a first for me. I`ve squished ehm I mean played a lot against skaven but I still want to try it myself :)

R

DaImp

Looking forward to seeing some paint on these!

DE are also my favourite team, had loads of success with them, but I am now currently trying out Skaven (which I don't really like) and am top of our league so all is going well so far. Just waiting for that game where half the team die! :grin: :? :cry:

Red Skullz

Painting has started and I even got inspired on the colour scheme from a thread here on these forums ;)

Yes DE are fantastic. Especially since they are quite bashy and I play primarily that style of team (CD, O, G, U). However I looked at the new HE plastics in the last WD and I`m considering a HE team just for laughs and a "good" variant of my DE team. So fun to have high Mv and Ag! I have aired that I`m after a vintage Elf/Pro Elf team in the marketplace in my trade thread but no response yet :(

R

Red Skullz

Feels like it`s taken forever but when I finally cracked the mental barrier of getting the job done it all went very fast.

Here`s the two first saurus done:

Wanted a simplistic but striking colour scheme. I think I nailed that. The thought is that they have dyed everything red before they go to war on the pitch. Oh and just to keep the retrofeel proper I used Lightning Bolt Blue from the old Citadel paints on the skin and scales. Aaand in true old-pot style the lid went off, on my pants then on the floor and making a right old mess....not everything was better before! On the subject of saurus, the last four will be done in a day or two.

I`ve also made more progress on the kroxigor:

Mainly smoothing out the damage after I clipped off the legs and arms of the original mini but also making the necklace. Very pleased with the greenstuffing on the necklace.

R

Thantsants

Nice look you've got going there. I'm trying to to come up with a scheme for my old Lizardmen but am being drawn to the blue. I must have been brainwashed! :lol:

Aaand in true old-pot style the lid went off, on my pants then on the floor and making a right old mess....not everything was better before!

Agh - I'd almost forgotten this happening with those old citadel pots! Ruined a few pairs of jeans in the past in a similar manner!

Red Skullz

I know...I was going for something entirely else than blue but got caught as soon as I put paint to brush.. :lol:

Yes those lids are the work of Nuffle himself!!

R

Red Skullz

The last PiP players for the lizardmen team:

Some skinks and the kroxigor that are finished:

And for last some new markers I`ll use on all of my teams. These are for touchdowns, turn and re-roll.

R

Red Skullz

Last three players for the team, all skinks:

Linked them with the kroxigor through similar helmet style.

Then it`s a teampic:

Quick and fast job, just as I like it :) The I own team with the most striking colour scheme at least.

R

phreedh

Nice enough for a quickie! =)

I'm particularily impressed by the krox's ability to stand up, with those scrawny legs supporting that behemoth beer gut! =D Come to think of it, we have a guy like that here at work.

Back