Goblinoids- finished in time for Orctober!

Fimm McCool

Re: Goblinoids- The collection is complete AND PAINTING BEGI

That sounds plausible, after all the deck contains two miniatures that are complete Kev Adams resculpts. The problem is why an unfinished figure would make it into the goblinoids deck, painted, when surely it would be needed for finishing and casting? Or maybe it was the green after it emerged slightly damaged form the mould... but then, the arm band? There may be two or three variants in existence I just find it a bit odd that they aren't catalogued as such.

Tex

Variants with old greenskins are always a possibility if not a reality.
But they usually concern heads/weapons swapping, not little details.
I have to check my example of this orc and see how many bands it has.

Fimm McCool

I've done a bit of digging (principally on old ebay listings) and it seems the one-armband version is the most common, with there being very few examples of the two-armband one. They all have the little details on the straps and the pronounced trim on the bands though.

Tex

Fimm McCool":reyxkh87 said:
I've done a bit of digging (principally on old ebay listings) and it seems the one-armband version is the most common, with there being very few examples of the two-armband one. They all have the little details on the straps and the pronounced trim on the bands though.

I think I have two in my lead-pile, hopefully different or there will be another one to look for.
It never ends...

Fimm McCool

Absolutely positive. Some of the paint jobs are Fraser Gray's enamel work, but not all.

I'm playing with the green skin tones, trying to match those on the card which are a lot yellower than my usual. I'm also experimenting with Foundry paints which I've not used before. This chap has a foundry phlegm green base, Vallejo black green ink shade, Vallejo dead flesh highlights building up to white. But he wasn't quite yellow enough so I then reworked into it with citadel yellow and waaaagh green inks (from the expert paint set- keeping it contemporary). It's not quite right so I'll let it pass for this one but will be doing other experiments on the next boyz.

Thank, I'll have to try that out :) I think your paintjob is very close to the original.

Fimm McCool

Nobrun Darkfist is finished. Sort of.

16797377_10154859319187279_8248039776563766174_o.jpg

16730549_10154859319307279_6568606752331355960_n.jpg

16865159_10154859311037279_7608761373821505965_n.jpg

Having put the 14mm 'orc' shield in place I don't think it's big enough (so I'm after 9 16mm 'fighter' shields if anyone can help). I painted this shield for another of the miniatures and Nobrun is hanging onto it for the moment. That's also not the right flock, I have ordered a few more in an attempt to get the colour to match. Bear in mind he's photographed under daylight and I'm pretty sure the Combat Card is photographed under a more 'straw' coloured light. Sculpting has started on the first conversion for the set, pics to follow.

Fimm McCool

Started sculpting on Ylag Blackskull. Unless there's a radical variant I'm unaware of he appears to have had a weapon resculpt, his head separated and rotated, clothing added, legs adjusted and some facial reconstruction. There's also something going on with his arm and weapon, the arm appears longer and there's more of the weapon grip protruding from the back of his hand. Not quite sure what to do there, will probably leave the arm as it is and claim it's the camera angle.

16998169_10154874506012279_5211931660780108835_n.jpg

Very nice job converting him. I think that in this type of project there comes a time when one has to leave the last few dissimlarities as they are - or else one could go on sculpting for eternity ;)

Oh, and once again I must say that the skin color of Nobrun Darkfist looks really great! It is close to the look I would like to give my Orcs in the future.

Viruz

Your project is admirable :o Very peerless.

Orjetax

I'm much impressed by your sustained efforts on this project across the past several years.

Truly a labor of love and the excellent results demonstrate that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fimm McCool

Cheers guys. I don't know if 'sustained' is the right word... more 'put in a box on a shelf'! But I like to think I was waiting for my painting skills to improve. I'm hoping this will be a year of completing some long-overdue projects.

They look great! I checked out your blog and saw that you were looking for suggestions for shield designs, so I just found a few suggestions. On the siege tower picture there are of course the three 3D designs, but there's also the skull design carried by the Orc. The designs on the three small pics are Kev Adam designs, I think.

Attachments

• Shield suggestions.jpg
    Shield suggestions.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 1,822

Fimm McCool

Cheers Curtis and LBG. Curiously enough Steve Casey did a series on Kev Adams' collection and Fig 13 there is the same model as 'Brog' from the Combat Cards. That is to say, it's the same sculpt but isn't the actual miniature photographed for the cards. Anyhow, it's looking more like that kind of face is the way to go.

Back