A few nearly done gobbos

Martin

A few old, a very old and a recent goblin almost finished. The bases still need some work but otherwise they should more or less be ready to field. It’s always a joy to paint greenskins and I’m really looking forward to start working on the 18 snotlings who stand next in line.
img_1520.jpg

img_1518.jpg

Cheers
Martin

tancrede

Nice minis, and I like the colors. Finish the bases and they wiil be really cool !

And now I'm looking forward for more minis... :mrgreen:

Martin

Thanks for the supportive comments. I’ll do more goblins soon but at the moment I’m working on a bunch of rather rowdy snotlings.

Martin

Some snotty snotlings. Such fun to paint but despite their size these chaps are quite time consuming! Any thoughts?

top.jpg

top_3.jpg

Protist

I'll second that about time consuming snotlings. At first glance you think they'll be quick and easy to get awesome results. You've got the results though; that's a nice looking base full of the critters!

The hobgoblins look great too. I've looked at those minis time and again and thought I ought to get some - they've got a certain grim appeal about them and the top knot/eastern leaning style works for me. How do they size up to other goblins, or are they closer to traditional(ish!) orc size?

Martin

Thanks. I agree, the evil, gnarly samurai look is awesome as always with Nick Lund's models. Concerning the size - these chaps are huge, larger than most, ordinary old school orcs.

Blue in VT

Really great looking figures with stellar bases...

...but what really impressed me was how well your photo backdrops worked! I can actually feel the sun shine through the trees on the one. Excellent work!

Cheers,

Blue

Martin

Blue in VT":1mdd9kn1 said:
...but what really impressed me was how well your photo backdrops worked! I can actually feel the sun shine through the trees on the one.

Thanks Blue - the supportive comment is much appreciated. It's really just a matter of playing around with the angles - as you can see from some of the other shots:
https://shamutantis.wordpress.com/

And yes, the lesser goblin is a nice Little model. Very tiny compared to his more modern bretheren but a fine model none the less.

Cheers
Martin

Martin

Here’s a few greenskins I had time to finish while being on parental leave. I quite like the punk gobbo from Crooked Claw. A great miniature – well, in fact all of them are great minis.

img_1711.jpg

img_1717.jpg

img_1723.jpg

Any thoughts?

Cheers
Martin

Back