Quendil's Oldhammer Projects

Quendil

Not much done on the Abbey but I have been working on my regiments of renown which I intend to use in the Scenario

Photos are on my blog- bloody photo bucket

IMG_2134.jpg

I intend to use all the original pre slotta ones

Quendil

Going through my boxes of stuff to see what I actually have as due to loosing my Job I won't be able to buy new stuff for a while. I decided to get out all of my Dwarfs and Orcs. I have hoarded them for two long and haven't painted any since the late 80's early 90's (Apart from an odd orc/goblin war machine around 2002). I figured its time I got these out and did something with them. So a big pile of stuff.

P1040178.JPG

Now I either sell a load or all of it which I would probably regret or paint it. There is lots to paint and some needs stripping. Now my painting has improved since the 1980s not that much but still enough. Now I can't bear to strip everything as it will just take too long so I will experiment with washes, updating some colours and changing the bases over to brown (Just don't like the green bases anymore unless they are done extremely well which I don't have the patience to do).

Repainted the metal and added a couple of washes.
They do look a lot different in real life rather than this picture

P1040177.JPG

Mophus

Wow, what a lot of miniatures! How did you the roofing tiles of the chapel? It looks like kind of corrugated board.

If recently found out, how the structured surface of many Eavy Metal scenery (walls, rocks, e. g. the wall of the round watchtower or the sides of the bridge in the 1995 book "how to make wargame scenery") is made. There is described the surface was covered/painted with structured paint or thinned filler. That seems only to be half of the truth. The secret is to dab a very slightly diluted (readymade) filler with a bristle brush. If you use the filler direct of the pot, you achieve also a great surface which looks like a scratch coat correct in scale.

Quendil

Mophus":32yj0m3y said:
Wow, what a lot of miniatures! How did you the roofing tiles of the chapel? It looks like kind of corrugated board.

If recently found out, how the structured surface of many Eavy Metal scenery (walls, rocks, e. g. the wall of the round watchtower or the sides of the bridge in the 1995 book "how to make wargame scenery") is made. There is described the surface was covered/painted with structured paint or thinned filler. That seems only to be half of the truth. The secret is to dab a very slightly diluted (readymade) filler with a bristle brush. If you use the filler direct of the pot, you achieve also a great surface which looks like a scratch coat correct in scale.

It was Corrugated craft cardboard some pics here http://quendilsworld.blogspot.co.uk/2015/12/abbey-of-la-maisontaal-part-9.html

Back