Quendil's Oldhammer Projects

Quendil

My project for the new year is to get my undead I have been collecting since the 1980's painted. So far I have started work on the Grenadier War Mammoth and War Rhino

IMG_0899.jpg

I have also started to sort out all my undead ready for painting, repainting or a good tidy up.

IMG_0934.JPG

Hopefully once I can get these painted up I can start looking at playing some of the old scenarios

Scalene

Re: Quendil's Undead

I found undead were pleasingly quick to get through. Bone, rusty metal and that's usually about it.

Quendil

First troops nearly done, just waiting on some paint to do the bases

IMG_0971.JPG

War mammoth of the undead legion and the war rhino captive carrier now finish

IMG_0968.JPG

Just John

I love those 2 old grenadier boxsets. I have the Mammoth and wouldn't mind getting the Rhino at some stage. Lovely painting so far.

Chico

Looking good so far :)

Widder":2nu5ux72 said:
I like the spearmen, they are old citadel or grenadier minis?

Ral Partha I think, judging by the metal bases.

Quendil

Yes the spearmen and swordsmen are Ral Partha. I have a Horde plastic set yet to build and also the ROR Nightmare Legion to paint. In the pic near the top you will see a Horde and Skeleton set I painted in the 1980's and have been collecting the undead since then just not painting it. Lots more to come

Matt in PA

I agree with Scalene - painting bone and rusty metal goes fast. Looks like a great start so far, keep it up!

Harry

I love painting skellies. You can really slap the paint on and not worry too much about it. 90% dry brushing makes them super fast.

Can I see Grenadiers old bone giant and death dragon there too?

Quendil

Harry":30bsx3pc said:
I love painting skellies. You can really slap the paint on and not worry too much about it. 90% dry brushing makes them super fast.

Can I see Grenadiers old bone giant and death dragon there too?

Yes you can they are just a git to put together

Quendil

Giant collector":287mm8p6 said:
Can we get a side view of those beasts? Is there people inside the one? Nice painting too! Gc
Thanks. There are people in the Rhino, I will get some side images.

Quendil

Finally got Nagash painted and I got to use my Citadel Metallic Polished Blue for the first time. Also got some go The Nightmare Legion troopers painted.

IMG_0991.jpg

IMG_0995.JPG

Quendil

Re: Quendil's Undead - Nagash and The Nightmare Legion

Got some more Ghouls done and my version of Mikael Jacsen. Keep getting distracted by other things.

IMG_1045.JPG

IMG_1135.JPG

Quendil

One of my long term projects is to play the scenarios for WFB 2nd edition.  Every since I got the 2nd edition rules and The Dolgan Raiders miniatures for Christmas all those years ago.  I have started to sort out the Dolgan raiders miniatures ready for  painting.  I have also been looking at all the other Scenarios, Blood Bath, Lichemaster etc and have started to make some Scenery.  I finally finished the coaching in I started 20n years ago  See here http://quendilsworld.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/over-20-years-in-making.html

Now I have started on Abbey of la Maisontaal. Its based on the one in WD 267 rather than the card one in the old Citadel Journal.

IMG_1670_zpsrffojtvs.jpg

It will no doubt take me a long time with other projects but a start is made!

Back