Whitehorn's Chaos Hordes

Whitehorn

This started off as a passive collecting of classic beastmen and at some point spiralled into a full army of Oldhammery goodness. I've always liked Beastmen, but have shied away from collecting an army until now.

My club has been slowly reviving its interest in Warhammer, so we've been playing 600 point games. A good target to get painted.

There's a bit of new with the old here. I don't really care for the old boars and Beastmen don't seem to have any chariots from the 80s as they were a joint army back then.

beastmen-600.jpg

I also HATE the current Razorgor range, so I opted to use the Rhinox model from Ogre Kingdoms.

The chariots are old metal Chaos Warrior bodies, on modern boars, with classic Gors. Since Gors can't use spears now, those so armed are ideal for chariots.

beastmen-chariots-1.jpg

beastmen-chariots-2.jpg

I am hoping to acquire enough beastmen to do a unit of each god and the rest generic. For now, they're one big unit.

beastmen-gors.jpg

Asslessman

Well, thi slooks like some promising army, the model choice is really good and the chariots have just the right heavy look (why not 2 crew per chariot though ?)

Whitehorn

I intend to do 2 crew, I just haven't decided on the "bestigor" rider yet. I'm tempted to use spare small Minotaurs.

Whitehorn

I got very distracted by Minotaurs, but hey, if it gets me painting, it's a good thing.

Everytime I get to a certain stage with these guys, I acquire more and have to backpedal a bit.

The first 8:

oldhammer_minotaurs1.jpg

oldhammer_minotaurs2.jpg

A 9th appears just in time to get some flesh.

oldhammer_minotaurs3.jpg

I opted for two "tribes", with brown manes and black manes, one for each lord.

oldhammer_minotaurs4.jpg

Obviously, more arrived and need to catch up:

2014-12-02-20.58.48.jpg

2014-12-02-20.58.43.jpg

Nice collection!!

You can get a lot of varied beastmen on ebay and even through the oldhammer company on facebook.
And +1 to use the smaller minotaurs as chariot "bosses"

Whitehorn

I've amassed quite a few beastmen now, so the plan is to split them into units for each of the chaos gods.

2014-12-02-20.59.06.jpg

I also have a ton of bestigor. I'm going to be converting some of these to gods too! I'd like some Khorngor and Pestigor, but they're darned expensive to get.

2014-12-02-20.59.01.jpg

The chariots number 5 built, with bits t construct 1-2 more. I'm going to restrain from buying any more of these.

2014-12-02-20.58.54.jpg

Coming together nicely WHitehorn. If I were you, I would find a model with large horns, or build a large horn onto your general model, and paint him white, or at least with white horns. It would be totally cool to have White Horn as your commander.

Harry

Brilliant collection.
The chariots with the new BIG boars look great.
Love all those old Minos.
Were they very expensive to collect?

Whitehorn

ramshackle_curtis":147k42pq said:
Coming together nicely WHitehorn. If I were you, I would find a model with large horns, or build a large horn onto your general model, and paint him white, or at least with white horns. It would be totally cool to have White Horn as your commander.

I do have a one-horned albino Gor, but I am planning to paint a Wargor on chariot as myself; possibly the Doombull too.

Harry":147k42pq said:
Brilliant collection.
The chariots with the new BIG boars look great.
Love all those old Minos.
Were they very expensive to collect?

Yes and no. I traded a lot of it, so only postage costs there. I've been careful of bidding on eBay - getting Minotaurs under £6 and Beastmen under £3 each. I missed out on some big lots due to that, but I think it's better that way as I'm so far behind on painting them anyway. Patience pays off and I'm hardly short on models.

Back