Urban scenery

Suber

Thank you! This is what I finally got. Just spray all over the thing:

Then the windows. This is it. The end :grin:. I just added some graffiti and street ads, to give some more colour. You can see, roughly 30x30x20 cm.

Some close-ups:

I tried to add some chaotic electric wiring all over. Far from my desired effect, but I've learned some things.

I also added a religious icon over the arch, in resemblance of medieval walls.

From medieval to urban art. Apparently the Imperium is not well perceived here:

The Keep Calm posters are mine. Easy to design and fun to post here. I made an English version to make it recognizable and a Gothic version, as the Imperium obviously print them in the oficial language:

This is pretty much it, here you have the blog post (with some references for the posters)

http://oldschoolworkshop.blogspot.com.e ... -town.html

I've learned some things about these buildings, I'll try to improve whenever I decide to make another one! ;)

Suber

I'm bringing a new piece :razz:. I got some stuff from MadMechaGuy some time ago, time to open the box!
The first kit I'm assembling is the elevated monorail station. As soon as I saw it, I needed one. The problem is that all the kits come with no instructions, your only reference are the pics on his web. I'm no new to MDF kits, but I had some problems when having all the pieces spread for priming and not being sure of what goes where. Anyway, the kit is great. Ultra simple painting, just sprays all over :razz: . Green base and then priming sprays of different colours for weathering/dirt effect.

I made some props to enhance the subway looking.

Just a little more weathering and rust, this time with brushes:

I used some MDF spare bits to make a sign:

Finally, some signs and posters:

The full kit includes two shelters. One for the ticket vending machines:

And another, just plain. I believe I can use it as bus stop if I just add a sign.

So this is it!
https://oldschoolworkshop.blogspot.com. ... train.html

Next step will be the elevated railway and the train itself!

PS: I've been trying to look for it over the forum, but I haven't succeeded. Please, is there any way to resize the pics? The look uncomfortably huge! Thanks :)

Suber

When displaying all the stuff for the monorail pics, I couldn't but notice how grey, dark and dull my board looks. Of course it's partially intended to be that way, but well, not so dull! I needed to bring some more colour.
I had been thinking about billboards for some time. Ads are part of any modern society and I really couldn't see a reason not to overcrowd my board with some of that, just like our cities are nowadays. In fact I had already tried a first experiment a few months ago, if you remember:

OK, so let's see... I had two quite large billboards from my LaserCutCard buildings. I finally dared to do something on them. Apart from that, I simply collected a number of card pieces (actual labels from clothes, both Mrs. Suber and I got something out from that shopping day! ;D). They are rigid enough and a few had nice, interesting shapes. So I came to this:

They didn't have to look pleasant to the eye, or realistic in our way to see ads nowadays. They had just to give the impression of advertising in this sci-fi context. I'm using them mainly for RT, but if I ever dare to begin my Firefly silly Project... well, some stuff will also be used. So, expect some signs in Mandarin (or whatever Google Translate said).
After some weathering, this is what I got:

Easy solutions to make them stand:

So the final result was like this:

I couldn't set the whole board for a decent pic, but at least you can get an idea...

Here you have them all:
http://oldschoolworkshop.blogspot.com.e ... uture.html

This is it, let's see what comes next!

symphonicpoet

Oh, frigging brilliant! The little firefly ref and the Red Ambull are splendid. I love those signs. Your city becomes more incredible with each passing model.

Back