Raise the undead crews and set sail for BOYL2015

Niibl

I plan to be at BOYL2015 and join the Warhammer Ahoy! game(s) with my zombie pirates.
Until then I still have some work to do.
I need some more crewmen, maybe some additional crew types, an army list and at least one ship.
This thread is the place where I will post my progress with all this.
As I usually like to do everything else but painting I hope this will keep me going in this department as well.
So, when I have converted the 50th zombie pirate and started with the 3rd ship without touching a brush, feel free to remind me of it.

For starters, here are the half painted cremen I intend to finish first and the newest recruit:
Zombie_Pirates_WIP01.jpg

Zombie_Pirates_WIP02.jpg

symphonicpoet

When the heck is BOYL 2015? I don't really think I can make it right now, as my travel budget will likely be tapped out from family visits, but hey, you never know. Looked about on the net and I can't find it.

Niibl

Here is a new boat update.
I made more space for miniatures by removing the side steps from the main deck.
file.php

Again some 3D sawing was required but unlike the work on the aft deck I managed it without blood loss.
I built new walls and floors with cardboard, filled up the offset with sculpey and then sanded it flat.
The rest was used to fill up the original plank gaps to create a better surface for the new planks.
Ghostship_reworked_deck02.jpg

The main mast was has been finished too.
Many Playmobil ships have only one real downside: Their Masts are hollow and open on the back.
So you have to fill them up somehow. I used wood covered with sculpey.
This then had to be filed and sanded to blend in with the rest of the mast after it has dried.
The second mast still is in the middel of this last treatment as it has a rectangular shape in the lower area.
I have to file off a lot of material to make it rounder.
Apoxie sculpt is starting to run out now.

Planking is finished for the aft and stern decks.
Ghostship_Aft_Deck02_bright40.jpg

Ghostship_Stern_Deck.jpg

I also added a Gallion that I found on the bays of e.
Ghostship_Gallion.jpg

Niibl

Some new pirates seem to be nearly rotten enough to join the crew (some WIP-pictures).
1) Black Scorpion resin Orcs. Horrible casts! The only miniatures I did not even hesitate to zombify.
Ork_Pirates_green.jpg

2) Some PiRats from fortress figures. The shop was (and still seems to be) down, so I bought them by email.
Jeff Rodman is a nice chap. He casted three sets for me in no time and made me a good price.
Worked perfectly.
Pi_Ratz01.jpg

Pi_Ratz02.jpg

Pi_Ratz03.jpg

3) The newly released dream team from Freebooter Miniatures: Pierre and Paolo. The model is just awsome!
Pierre_and_Paolo.jpg

4) a Denizen beagle adventurer
Beagle_Mutant_Zombie.jpg

5) a Tin Bits Er’Rick miniature (sadly i don't have the war snail from that set)
Starfish_Mutant_Zombie.jpg

Just John

They are definitely going to be the most unique crew at BOYL. Its all very crazy, but it a good way :grin: Keep it up.

Niibl

Resin. With bubbles. The Orc With the axe is really weird as there is a piece of wire in the shaft, easily noticable in the places where the resin flaked off.

Mason

I have just caught on to this.
What a great idea with some wonderful choices for crew.
Splendid!
:o

Niibl

As I only need 36 crewmembers (max) which I have ready to go, I put the WIP standard crewmen on hold for now and turned towards more variety.

Attachments

• Syreens_600.jpg
    Syreens_600.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 1,194

Asslessman

Just the good balance bewteen silly and genius !
The crew selection is absolutely flawless and your most excellent modelling skills will surely make the ship as excellent !

Back