Oldhammer beginnings

Hi all ,got some stuff out today for the oldhammer event not really sure what to take as once you pull something out of the lead pile all sorts of stuff falls in your lap. My five year old had a field day however i did manage to recover some semblance of order and need some advice from some oldhammer sages .
My favourite figures of the era are orcs especially pre slotta, chaos warriors and chaos dwarves 3rd ed in particular .With the Chaos warband event on Sunday there is a good opportunity to get the chaos warriors of various guises out so for the Saturday i want to break out the Chaos dwarfs and orc/hobgoblin allies.
The chaos dwarfs

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Some pre slotta orcs

Olgah Khans wolf boys and khazak khan = more figures i love

In the background you can just make out Shak era and her slaneeshi chaos warriors

Possible start of Tzeentch warband

Nurgle ?

sorry about the photos will have to do some better ones :oops:

Re: Oldhammer beginnings again

Ta ,god they look bad night lighting is never good .Still as WIP i will use a daylight bulb as i paint what i want. Alot to paint, i may only get time for some even over a six month period :)

This thread is in the wrong place it should be WIP as it will be used to show the preparation for the oldhammer event sorry mods i am new :roll:

phreedh

I moved the thread and also edited your initial post. You had superflous IMG end tags ([/img]) after the "Hosted at imageshack"-parts.

I still can't see the pics, but assume it's cause we've blocked ImageShack here at work. :roll:

Don't worry about posting in the wrong forum. Things are easily moved. =)

Erny

Excellent collection, get it painted. (I'm a hypocrite of course more unpainted lead than a roman bath house.)

Not sure the advice your after though? What to bring? Post in the event forum that your looking for a game and see what your possible opponents fancy.

If your playing by the book Chaos dwarves won't fight on the same side as Goblinoids, worth considering. I'm sure an opponent told in advance would wave the restriction, possibly for some quid pro quo on their own rules bending.

@ Phreed
Thanks,Hopefully i will get it right as i complete an army from my Frothpot here.

@ Chico
I love chaos dwarfs.My 4th ed army is alot bigger and is more complete though for any local 8th action more could be done.

@ Erny
Exactly the advice i was looking for as i am to used to playing 4th+ and orcs and hogoblins feature heavily in those armies and i didn't remember that detail.So Khornflake Khaos dwarfs it is then .That gives me some focus for the army something like Chaos warlord of khorne,8 chaos warriors,64 chaos dwarf warriors,16 chaos dwarf berserkers,4 chaos dwarf bazukas(8 crew ;) ),2 chaos dwarf war machines whirlwind and tenderiser,2 chaos dwarf mortars (mortar and swivel gun) .Thats alot in itself but the potential is there and i have more stuff that may appear :grin:

Your blogs and threads are all so inspiring and have a part to play in the warbands i have created with the help of my five year old. i will catalogue my Slaneeshi warband of Sek-si Shak-era and the Khorne warband of the chaos dwarf Geed Elee in a warband thread as i use this one to follow the progress on the army.What to paint/repair first out of the above list is the next option i am open to suggestions. 8-)

Pete

@Chico

Yes ,i am although my account has been mainly dormant for a while, i am Canix on CDO. It was the first forum i joined and my forum name is Peterpumkinhead on the other forums i frequent. :)

Chico

Arhh another CDO member to join us here, there's now 5/6 of us here Including me and Blue.

Oldhammer sub cult it seems :)

Back