What do you think of this mix of old and new?

Blue in VT

I've been a huge fan of all the brugelburg releases from Lead Adventure Miniatures (LAM)...and after their latest release I had to pick up the new arquebusiers. With previous releases I've tried to get enough to make separate units. As there are not (yet?) enough arquebusiers to make a separate regiment (only 4 poses) I bought these on the hopes that they would fit with my existing regiment of handgunners that are made up of citadel empire figures from the late 3e of WFB.  These are also great puff and slash figures but the unit lacks a bit of diversity with only two sculpts firing their weapons.

Here is what it looked like before

4CE1C40C-FC6B-4B1C-94A2-5E482270A4CF-1226-0000015C9BD62A4A_zpsa5f82ab2.jpg

And here it is with the four LAM figures worked in

263AD0E8-EA10-4CE7-B93E-B44353D81465-1226-0000015CA633FCDC_zps512beddf.jpg

D9765046-D482-47D1-B397-932981677ACB-1226-0000015CB89E09A5_zpsbe4ed4ea.jpg

How do you think they look mixed in?  The LAM ones are a bit stockier and certainly more elaborately decorated but not out of reason.

Here are a couple of side by side shots of selected figures they alternate maker.

0C6D8F8A-6CC8-42C5-9DF4-130BB254174B-1226-0000015CC211920B_zps2f987aca.jpg

039CE32B-E7F9-40CA-B082-E52907670C5B-1226-0000015CC92A81C4_zpsf71415ff.jpg

Great figures all...I think they work fairly well...would probably be better as a separate unit but this works for now...can't wait to paint them!

Cheers,

Blue

Just John

Re: What do you think of his mix of old and new?

I think they look fine together. I know from my historical games that once they are painted and on the table the differences will be negligible and most people won't notice.

Padre

They look not just fine, but great together - helped muchly by the fact that the new Brugelburg figures are great.

Wish I wasn't deep in a Tilean project right now, 'cos I'd love to buy them. Maybe they could be mercenaries in my current campaign?

Blue in VT

Great! Thanks for your I put guys...the more I look at the unit the more I agree that they work well.

Now to convince Ratnik to sculpt a couple more loading poses...:)

Blue

Blue,

They look great together. It just goes to prove that Oldhammer is an idea and not period.
Ratnik is a man on the right path. Now if we could only get Mark Copplestone sculpting new fantasy in 28mm!!!!

Thantsants

Looking very good together - more reasons to tempt me into buying into the Brugelburg range.

The canons they released a while back were mighty tasty too...

Agree , they look very nice.
Based on my own experience with my chaos warriors , 50% is the sculpture itself and the other 50% is a correct paintjob
wich make every miniature matching the other. So , they will look even better once painted!
Go Paintt!!! :)

Harry

I am with everyone else ... they mix in very nicely .... which is good to know.

For me the ones that don't mix in so well are the 'Estalian' (Spanish) looking guys.

The other post I agree with big time is I would love to see Mark Copplestone back sculpting fantasy.
Love his stuff.

Blue in VT

Harry":21idvmdb said:
For me the ones that don't mix in so well are the 'Estalian' (Spanish) looking guys.
Love his stuff.

I agree to some extent....I may green stuff some feathers onto those helmets... ;)

...now to find the time to paint them... :?

Cheers

Blue

Chico

I'd say once you slap your amazing painting skills on them they'll blend without any problems. Now get painting! Or i'll set my pet Hair Squig on you! lol

Erny

Another one agreeing here.

Nice to see how well they scale actually. Must add the LAM to the Oldhammer blog list of manufacturers.

Look forward top seeing your paint on them blue.

axiom

Look great to me - similar stylistically and as everyone else has said, with a coherent paint job across the unit, they'll look fabulous!

Back