Shields for Prince Ulther's Dragon Company?

DrBargle

Okay, so I've had a regiment of these sitting in my lead pile for a while. Every time I get them out, I um and ah about the shields, and put them back in favour of painting something else. I've given my Bugman's Rangers the buckler shields from the current dwarf range (heresy), so I'm not averse to doing something other than tracking down vintage plastic here and there and everywhere. In fact, I'd rather not - I wouldn't mind being able to order shields for the lot in a single, simple order.

So, where might I find appropriate shields of Prince Ulther's men?

p.s. I'd also rather not file or cut away the metal nub/boss attached to their hands...

Thantsants

Hasslefree have some nice shields.

Here's the leather ones I used on my Wood Elves -

P8300840.jpg

Hetz

Err dunno... I'm in the same quandary, thinking about using some of the old Marauder shields, the ones with the Dragon's head on. But I don't have enough, and I'm not sure they are suitable anyways. I'll prolly end up using the original plastic shields with a hand-painted design - ballache tho...
Thantsants suggestion is good as well, prolly a bit more room to paint on those.

DrBargle

I do like those Hasslefree shields, and they have a nice space on which I can crudely daub a design. Depending on the curvature of the shield, I might need to file down the 'nubs' on the shield arms, but that might be worth it for the Oldhammer kudos of Kev Adams shields.

Thantsants

They have a bit of an indent on the back and a handle in which the shield nub fits quite nicely - I think I may have had to cut down some of the longer ones to make the shield sit nicely on one or two of these Elves.

Blue in VT

I think I'm going try and find a units worth of this shield

clan6combo.jpg

And one like it that has two dragon heads. I'm pretty sure these came with the plastic dwarfs that were released with the 4th edition.

Cheers,

Blue

Back