Civilians for RT settings (et al)

Show us what you are working on at the moment

Moderator: Moderators

Post Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:28 pm

Re: Civilians for RT settings (et al)

Thank you!

An awning... Hmmm... Interesting.
I had the idea of making some local market stalls with awnings (still not decided how), but adding that to the wagon would for sure be sweet... :idea:
Thanks for the idea, let me see if I am able to do that! :)

Post Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:33 am

i love the caravan btw.

Post Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:26 pm

After looong time, back to the civilians!

I found a 17th Century soldier in my bits box, from an ooold project. Needed to do something about that! Afer some extensive surgery I came with the character of Armengol Perelmut, bounty hunter:

The following ones are from Hasslefree. This not-Starbuck looked gorgeous. Finally, a modern non-combatant mini bearing no oversized weapons! Vickee Sachaff, pilot for hire:

For the next one I replaced the gun with a chainsword. As it looked too massive, I thought of adding some kind of exoskeleton (it's just a piece of staple an some greenstuff...)

Finally, JB put me on the lead to the following character, the kind of people you may find in a port area, where sailors arrive after long time with no land at sight... ;) (Medieval girl with some additions to make her sci-fi... ahem)

You can find it all on the blog:

http://oldschoolworkshop.blogspot.de/20 ... lians.html

I'm still in need of more civilians, so I'm on it. More coming soon...

Post Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:23 am

And the children? Won't somebody please think of the children? :D

It looked logical to me to see some children on my district; no matter if you are recreating port slums, little villages or mine workers tech-habs, for sure you will find some kids in the area. Hasslefree offered me the chance to do this:

I was looking for plain kids, nothing too bizarre. These have slight conversions on the clothes (and wires!), but I didn't want malformations or that stuff. That doesn't mean they are going to be just happy little house on the prairie ;)

The only concession to weapons I tolerated were these two, as the sculpts already included them (just swapped them with sci-fi guns)

I may add more children in the future (and I may try a more Blanchesque approach), but for the moment these are enough for my purposes.

http://oldschoolworkshop.blogspot.com.e ... n.html?m=0

Another chapter closed, no to the new one ;)

Post Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:09 am

A new batch of civilians, this time from Ramshackle. I guess Curtis needs no introduction here ;)

This is going to be an Imperial Tax Collector (or another kind of Administratum Clerk, you know)

I was in need of mutants. I already have some xenos and beasts, but no muties, and I think they are quite a cornerstone in urban Warhammer.

A Servitor for dock working purposes:

A wannabe Batman grouppie (with an Aquila instead of a bat :P)

Evil monkeys! Because they look so cool ;) (minor conversions on the weaponry so there aren't two identical ones)

Besides, Curtis was so kind to include two copies of this one:

I was going to do two siamese sisters, but I discarded de idea in favour of another approach. I cut the mini in two (torso/legs). I remembered I had the legs from a Zombicide mini (which I had turned into a crawling zombie torso); I also kept an Escher leg (have no idea of what happened to the rest of the mini :oops: ). Sooo, when you mix it all...

What could I do with the remaining legs part? Well, I also found an Eldar female torso and a Cultist head from the Dark Vengeance box. So, you know...

So this is it! More dwellers for the Besenval project...

http://oldschoolworkshop.blogspot.com.e ... t.html?m=0

Post Sat May 09, 2015 11:45 am

An experiment for today: I found two WHFB Chaos Warriors in my bits box (no idea how they got in there!). No clue of what could I do with such minis, so I had to improvise a little...

What if they were some kind of merchants, or maybe pilgrims...?

I finally opted for the pilgrims (I wasn't ready to build their stands if they were going to be merchants!). Once you have a clear idea of what you want, everything comes easier to mind, so I finally got this:

I went through an orange palette; it's a colour I don't use that often, so I thought it could be nice.

Here you have them too:

http://oldschoolworkshop.blogspot.com.e ... lgrim.html

Now for more stuff!

Post Sat May 09, 2015 12:17 pm

Just keeps getting better! The sculpting on those last two is fantastic. My favourite has to be the school ma'am instructing her pupils on the correct procedure in the event of a gas attack! Perfect.

Post Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:58 am

I've finished my Colony 87 pack. Woderful minis indeed, both in design and quality. I've seen some of you have already done some really nice paintjobs, I'm bringing my particular view on these ;).

First of all, Lord Manduc Greiss. To make it different from other paintjobs I've already seen, I've tried the lobster approach:

Lady Greiss was quite a challenge. At first I thought of purple and black, something in the look of Snow White's stepmother :roll:. But when I started painting her, somehow her bodysuit suggested me light colours. I diverted this way and I was getting... an Adepta Sororita :(

Sooo, back to Plan A again. Dark and ominous:

Now she looks more in the proper mood ;)

Next one was wandering Alexei, space pilgrim (though I believe you could make a Tech Adept out of him with little effort):

The emmissary of the Amphirans, his froggyness Barcoon Kobosh:

As I already got a couple of Pisceans (and more incoming thanks to Diego's kickstarter ;) I believe it may be the beginning of a nice warband :roll:

Kay Dee, the porter. A really inspired choice, I'd never thought of a porter, and I love the concept!

He is the porter to Pash Grolin, the most Blanchesque design of all the bunch. I begun to paint the vest blue and then, after the first brush stroke I realized, 'what am I doing? It's so Blanche I cannot use blue!' :D. So I tried a proper red:

Here they are, all together:

Absolutely delightful minis to paint, cannot but recommend them. Whenever Axiom manages to release a second wave, I'm totally in! :!:

You can find my ramblings on these over here:

http://oldschoolworkshop.blogspot.com.e ... 7.html?m=0

Post Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:08 am

Gorgeous brushwork on some lovely minis.
:D

I wish that I had got in on these now....the more I see, the more I want them.
:mrgreen:

The other earlier stuff that I missed is great too.
The chaos warrior conversions are excellent and inspired use of the HF kids.

Post Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:44 am

New stuff torn into Oldschool. As a part of the Relic Knights stuff, I ended having this tiny robo-tank:

It's cool, but I was a little fed up of that starter pack (no need to ellaborate right now, but enough to say I was somehow disappointed with the stuff I got), so a(nother) silly idea just came up. I could use it as a carrier robot for my port or for a merchant. The turret would be the body and I would just need to glue random pieces for the rest :D:

Not a great pic, I guess it will look better with some paint on it:

Here you can see the size, it's quite a bulky monster!

I'm planning to build a little market with stalls and stuff, so I believe this one will fit in well there...

Here you can find the blog post:
http://oldschoolworkshop.blogspot.com.e ... e.html?m=0
PreviousNext

Return to WIP