Civilians for RT settings (et al)

Suber

As I don't want to stain the manufacturers post on sci-fi civilians, I thought I'd rather post my ongoing stuff over here ;) .

First of all, you may have seen these not-Dune guys I'm using as guild masters/ local nobility/ whatever:

zlc5s4.jpg

2hf1e2o.jpg

25klv9t.jpg

2r2c7rb.jpg

2r2c7rb.jpg

1jszgp.jpg

2wqea9f.jpg

http://oldschoolworkshop.blogspot.com.e ... lians.html

(BTW, size comparison shot with a Forge World Space Marine)

2yv8lmf.jpg

Now I'm adding a character for urban scenarios, an outlaw on the run, trying to escape from the Arbites/rival gangs through the crowded streets.

I used a Zombicide runner, a Hasslefree head and some green stuff:

2ic2vqf.jpg

I was aiming for something 'not too much', I mean, nothing gothic, no skulls... Nothing too GW-oriented, but back to the roots. I was rather looking for a more generic, flexible approach, something like Blade Runner or so.

2ppbsdg.jpg

Weapons were an issue. GW guns are way too oversized for this model, they look ridiculously big in his hands. But I needed to relate the mini somehow to Warhammer, so I used a laspistol for the hand closer to the body and a regular gun for the one that attracts the eye attention:

6qh0tx.jpg

For the same warhammerization purpose I chose a sword, but I'm afraid once again it's totally oversized.

255uc1g.jpg

So this is it, the project grows...

http://oldschoolworkshop.blogspot.com.e ... utlaw.html

I now have some Arbites, an outlaw, a few citizens... This could somehow turn into a RT scenario... ;) (more stuff needed, of course, but I'm on it!)

Suber

Both my buildings for my urban RT project look too lonely, business need to be attended! So I got two minis from Otherworld and made some arrangements.

First of all, the bartender, Thonvald Callmenger:

2i24tch.jpg

As the bar lacked a draught tap, the barman needs to take a beer dispenser on his back :grin::

13zomk6.jpg

11r3jp4.jpg

Besides, The Sparklin' Pulsar was in severe need of goods, i.e., bottles! ;)

wo9jb.jpg

On the other hand, the... 'limited distribution items' shop also needed someone to be in charge:

2coq1i9.jpg

The misterious lady only known as Mama Balaklava is told to have been a Technovice, or maybe even a Techpriestess, depending on who tells the story, before she delved into forbidden technologies and was banned from the Cult of Mars.

14afsqc.jpg

o7q5n7.jpg

I added her some bionic implants and a servoskull (which I call Murray-X after Murray, the evil skull seeking for world domination from the Monkey Island games :lol: )

This shop now needs some bionic cats all over...

200z5fs.jpg

http://oldschoolworkshop.blogspot.com.e ... iness.html

There are more civilians on the workbench, hopefully after the weekend I'll be able to show them :)

cheetor

They are both fantastic, but Balaklavas nonchalant cup cleaning pose in addition to the bionic eye and massive floating skull with smoke coming out of it is brilliant.

Suber

Thank you! I must say I'm pretty much enjoying this, maybe too much! :? The problem is going to be where to stop! I'm coming with new silly ideas and that's inevitably dangerous! :lol:

Suber

Told ya! This is getting out of control! :grin:

I got another bunch of civilians for my settings. First of all a Navigator, for any respectable project must have at least one :razz:

213k5yx.jpg

A Space Pirate, wanderer adventurer, you can never have enough of those:

2426hw6.jpg

This one will be some kind of underhive low class nomad. Or something. The kind of wild hunter coming to town to get food, kidnap children or get any kind of prey he can.

15z5j41.jpg

This merchant by Reaper had also potential for me. I added some greenstuff to the monkey so now it's a cyberpet. Some additional stuff is to be added here, but I won't spoil the surprise for now... ;)

68wrc6.jpg

This looks like the equivalent to that mini, but for sci-fi settings :grin:. Too tempting to let it go:

2h35r9f.jpg

Finally, this one is definitely out of place within this bunch, but hey, it's what I painted. EM4 'brainfreezer'. I might have to look for a suitable creature within the RT bestiary ;)

i57txk.jpg

I've developed these characters a little bit on the blog here:
http://oldschoolworkshop.blogspot.com.e ... s.html?m=0

Still have some silly ideas for new civilians, but now my attention must turn on scenery again... ;)

Love the grandma with servo skull! I wish I have a servo skull for my grandmother too , haha.
Cool bar suber! Add some neons on the walls!

cheetor

Suber":qzizb9th said:
Thank you! I must say I'm pretty much enjoying this, maybe too much! :?

Feeling guilty for enjoying oneself seems common in Spain as well as Ireland I see ;) :lol:

The problem is going to be where to stop! I'm coming with new silly ideas and that's inevitably dangerous! :lol:

Exploring the silly ideas is where the properly brilliant things come from. Like space gradmas with incence filled robot head bones floating behind them while they tend bar.

As I said on your blog, the Navigator and other new additions are fantastic. The Navigator is an iconic RT miniature.

don't know how Í haven't commented on this thread yet'?

Really like the official types in the first post (alongside everything else) - my own 40K collection is sadly lacking in non specifics or what have you, would love to do something similar later on.

Suber

Thanks, pals!
Besides keeping on converting minis, I'm thinking of cheap options to make a mob of rioters. May have found something, but I still have to work on som... erhm, a lot of scenery before! :grin:

Suber

In the meantime, let me bring some new WIP stuff. ;)
The merchant needed some additions, sooo I found this:

98r5ud.jpg

'What the frak?' would be a proper question, but let me explain... I thought that the guy needed to look like a pedlar, like all those characters in the old Western movies, errant from village to village, selling weird cheap stuff or miracolous elixirs... that kind of thing, but with that ethnical appearance (and a RT touch)

fdg58o.jpg

Sarissa Precision make a couple of beautiful Gipsy wagons, but I finally got this other one; though smaller, I think it still works. But, as you may have noticed, it belongs to the Victoria ranges, so I had to make some additional arrangements ;)

xbzu5l.jpg

As you can see, nothing else than tyres and petty stuff. I might add some details more when painting, but still have to decide.

http://oldschoolworkshop.blogspot.gr/20 ... t-pt1.html

I made some choices about the colours, but I still have a lot of work to do!

Suber

Got it finished :)

I used the same red/green palette that I used on the mini:

107591y.jpg

Insisting on the Old West style, I managed to paint this sign:

208afc3.jpg

Given the appearance of the mini, I tried to also write the name in Arab, but I was only able to find 'doctor' (according to Google Translator)

2hwkzfa.jpg

So the wagon itself ended up looking like this:

4s1vdg.jpg

But now it was in need of goodies. Regretfully I don't have pans or flowerpots to add (well, at least not in the suitable scale... :? ), but my bits box had some proper stuff:

23sdhea.jpg

2d7irfs.jpg

5ap1ti.jpg

vcqbuh.jpg

Not sure if I will ever find any use for this (in terms of rules for a scenario), but at least I have a silly item of scenery :grin:

http://oldschoolworkshop.blogspot.com.e ... 2.html?m=0

axiom

Looks great! A really interesting take on a traveling cyber pedlar. How about an awning from the side of his cart?

cheetor":2s79qfsh said:
They are both fantastic, but Balaklavas nonchalant cup cleaning pose in addition to the bionic eye and massive floating skull with smoke coming out of it is brilliant.

absolutely. i was really impressed with that.

Back