Civilians for RT settings (et al)

Suber

Thank you!

An awning... Hmmm... Interesting.
I had the idea of making some local market stalls with awnings (still not decided how), but adding that to the wagon would for sure be sweet... :idea:
Thanks for the idea, let me see if I am able to do that! :)

Suber

After looong time, back to the civilians!

I found a 17th Century soldier in my bits box, from an ooold project. Needed to do something about that! Afer some extensive surgery I came with the character of Armengol Perelmut, bounty hunter:

2hxwuf4.jpg

2ep68oy.jpg

2ynsaqb.jpg

The following ones are from Hasslefree. This not-Starbuck looked gorgeous. Finally, a modern non-combatant mini bearing no oversized weapons! Vickee Sachaff, pilot for hire:

2egguu9.jpg

For the next one I replaced the gun with a chainsword. As it looked too massive, I thought of adding some kind of exoskeleton (it's just a piece of staple an some greenstuff...)

2vvs5tt.jpg

Finally, JB put me on the lead to the following character, the kind of people you may find in a port area, where sailors arrive after long time with no land at sight... ;) (Medieval girl with some additions to make her sci-fi... ahem)

14jp4ll.jpg

You can find it all on the blog:

http://oldschoolworkshop.blogspot.de/20 ... lians.html

I'm still in need of more civilians, so I'm on it. More coming soon...

Suber

And the children? Won't somebody please think of the children? :grin:

It looked logical to me to see some children on my district; no matter if you are recreating port slums, little villages or mine workers tech-habs, for sure you will find some kids in the area. Hasslefree offered me the chance to do this:

2v1m2x0.jpg

zlv2e.jpg

I was looking for plain kids, nothing too bizarre. These have slight conversions on the clothes (and wires!), but I didn't want malformations or that stuff. That doesn't mean they are going to be just happy little house on the prairie ;)

24zvv43.jpg

The only concession to weapons I tolerated were these two, as the sculpts already included them (just swapped them with sci-fi guns)

4l0ivs.jpg

I may add more children in the future (and I may try a more Blanchesque approach), but for the moment these are enough for my purposes.

http://oldschoolworkshop.blogspot.com.e ... n.html?m=0

Another chapter closed, no to the new one ;)

Suber

A new batch of civilians, this time from Ramshackle. I guess Curtis needs no introduction here ;)

This is going to be an Imperial Tax Collector (or another kind of Administratum Clerk, you know)

sl74o3.jpg

I was in need of mutants. I already have some xenos and beasts, but no muties, and I think they are quite a cornerstone in urban Warhammer.

2ajytdt.jpg

243rgxz.jpg

2l87r5f.jpg

A Servitor for dock working purposes:

2eziik7.jpg

A wannabe Batman grouppie (with an Aquila instead of a bat :razz:)

2vjx7dh.jpg

Evil monkeys! Because they look so cool ;) (minor conversions on the weaponry so there aren't two identical ones)

mb0opz.jpg

Besides, Curtis was so kind to include two copies of this one:

2a77ecg.jpg

I was going to do two siamese sisters, but I discarded de idea in favour of another approach. I cut the mini in two (torso/legs). I remembered I had the legs from a Zombicide mini (which I had turned into a crawling zombie torso); I also kept an Escher leg (have no idea of what happened to the rest of the mini :oops: ). Sooo, when you mix it all...

jl4bc4.jpg

25g3o7t.jpg

What could I do with the remaining legs part? Well, I also found an Eldar female torso and a Cultist head from the Dark Vengeance box. So, you know...

20iyion.jpg

So this is it! More dwellers for the Besenval project...

http://oldschoolworkshop.blogspot.com.e ... t.html?m=0

Suber

An experiment for today: I found two WHFB Chaos Warriors in my bits box (no idea how they got in there!). No clue of what could I do with such minis, so I had to improvise a little...

What if they were some kind of merchants, or maybe pilgrims...?

2vmym8i.jpg

2qu2gic.jpg

I finally opted for the pilgrims (I wasn't ready to build their stands if they were going to be merchants!). Once you have a clear idea of what you want, everything comes easier to mind, so I finally got this:

ofuff4.jpg

dm2y6e.jpg

I went through an orange palette; it's a colour I don't use that often, so I thought it could be nice.

2u9itsh.jpg

2eq9lie.jpg

2lkp3wp.jpg

2b5nd4.jpg

Here you have them too:

http://oldschoolworkshop.blogspot.com.e ... lgrim.html

Now for more stuff!

Fimm McCool

Just keeps getting better! The sculpting on those last two is fantastic. My favourite has to be the school ma'am instructing her pupils on the correct procedure in the event of a gas attack! Perfect.

Suber

I've finished my Colony 87 pack. Woderful minis indeed, both in design and quality. I've seen some of you have already done some really nice paintjobs, I'm bringing my particular view on these ;).

First of all, Lord Manduc Greiss. To make it different from other paintjobs I've already seen, I've tried the lobster approach:

3466c8g.jpg

Lady Greiss was quite a challenge. At first I thought of purple and black, something in the look of Snow White's stepmother :roll:. But when I started painting her, somehow her bodysuit suggested me light colours. I diverted this way and I was getting... an Adepta Sororita :(

2vipc3m.jpg

Sooo, back to Plan A again. Dark and ominous:

mcymaw.jpg

Now she looks more in the proper mood ;)

Next one was wandering Alexei, space pilgrim (though I believe you could make a Tech Adept out of him with little effort):

154kj7q.jpg

The emmissary of the Amphirans, his froggyness Barcoon Kobosh:

1z6wo51.jpg

357knwk.jpg

As I already got a couple of Pisceans (and more incoming thanks to Diego's kickstarter ;) I believe it may be the beginning of a nice warband :roll:

Kay Dee, the porter. A really inspired choice, I'd never thought of a porter, and I love the concept!

24wyddi.jpg

He is the porter to Pash Grolin, the most Blanchesque design of all the bunch. I begun to paint the vest blue and then, after the first brush stroke I realized, 'what am I doing? It's so Blanche I cannot use blue!' :grin:. So I tried a proper red:

2w6ig6r.jpg

Here they are, all together:

3495u09.jpg

Absolutely delightful minis to paint, cannot but recommend them. Whenever Axiom manages to release a second wave, I'm totally in! :!:

You can find my ramblings on these over here:

http://oldschoolworkshop.blogspot.com.e ... 7.html?m=0

Mason

Gorgeous brushwork on some lovely minis.
:grin:

I wish that I had got in on these now....the more I see, the more I want them.
:mrgreen:

The other earlier stuff that I missed is great too.
The chaos warrior conversions are excellent and inspired use of the HF kids.

Suber

New stuff torn into Oldschool. As a part of the Relic Knights stuff, I ended having this tiny robo-tank:

2eulb3q.jpg

It's cool, but I was a little fed up of that starter pack (no need to ellaborate right now, but enough to say I was somehow disappointed with the stuff I got), so a(nother) silly idea just came up. I could use it as a carrier robot for my port or for a merchant. The turret would be the body and I would just need to glue random pieces for the rest :grin::

20ubm1z.jpg

Not a great pic, I guess it will look better with some paint on it:

fmou4w.jpg

20jllk7.jpg

1ok84w.jpg

2zjf504.jpg

Here you can see the size, it's quite a bulky monster!

14izy4n.jpg

I'm planning to build a little market with stalls and stuff, so I believe this one will fit in well there...

Here you can find the blog post:
http://oldschoolworkshop.blogspot.com.e ... e.html?m=0

Suber

Back to the brushes after an hiatus :). I have a new denizen for my lowlife district, this time a mini generusly donated by a pal from a Spanish forum (if you get to read this over here, thanks, mate!).

35mkvmw.jpg

It's one of the early RT releases, later on re-released as a 'space mercenary'. I tried flashy colours and a minor OSL effect from a helmet's inner light.

mmwhtf.jpg

So welcome Rickard Ehan, muscle for hire, wandering from here to there with rogue traders or whoever is ready to offer him the best chance of a fair fight (or any other kind of fight, you know, not too picky about that...)

15y9mrd.jpg

Some other minis for scale:

14wvfol.jpg

You have it all on the blog:

http://oldschoolworkshop.blogspot.com.e ... enary.html

symphonicpoet

Those are some absolutely brilliant conversions, Suber. I love the way you've sci-fied so many great miniatures. The Total Recall reference is great. The bartender is fantastic. The carrier robot is splendid. Riot needs a bigger bits box. I need more adjectives. Absolutely superlative stuff.

Suber

Then I have a new addition! Not a warrior nor a merc.. Just plain people, the kind of stuff I'm missing on my board.

I placed an order to Otherworld. They have some pretty lovely stuff. Among all I got, I received this lady:

NPCT4-350x350.jpg

With a staple, a couple of bits and some greenstuff I managed to turn her into this:

11aaau8.jpg

34g1pu8.jpg

Clara O'Connor was just a humble waitress back in her homeworld, nothing unusual in her life. But one day she met a crazy guy called Kilo Ris who talked a lot of rubbish about her becoming the hope for future generations, some gibberish about her unborn son and stuff like that. Unfortunately, a few days later a Necron invasion took over the planet. Sarah managed to shoot the crazy stalker guy and run away while Necrons killed and slaved the planet.
Some time later she became a plain waitress again at the Sparklin' Pulsar:

vzzoyr.jpg

2zq796f.jpg

Maybe one day she may be haunted again by her past, but for the moment she manages to pay the bills, enough for her.

Ahem, after this sillyness, I can only leave you with the blog post:

http://oldschoolworkshop.blogspot.com.e ... s.html?m=0

I got some more minis from Otherworld, so you can expect some more similar stuff... ;)

symphonicpoet

Very nice! And good backstory to boot. I expect she'll be great help at the Pulsar for many years to come, assuming she doesn't go tearing off on an adventure.

Suber

I may have lost it with this one :roll:
Once again original coming from Otherworld:

HH6a.jpg

I saw this one and thought I could do another man of letters slightly based on a real character (a la RT ;) ):

800px-Cervates_jauregui.jpg

Soooo...

2cfpen4.jpg

s4q5mu.jpg

Mike Zerbantz is a freelance scribe, hired workforce for the local Administratum or whoever can afford him. After being declared a fugitive on his homeworld (apparently he severely injured someone relevant in a duel), he enlisted so he could flee from home. Being part of a Navy landing party on board of the Frigate Iron Marchioness, during the battle of LePanth he got badly injured on his left arm, which had to be replaced with augmetics.
After the victorious campaign, when the fleet was going back to their docks, Zerbantz's convoy was attacked by Eldar pirates and he was taken prisoner. His life in captivity was pretty unbearable. For five endless years he was tortured an tried to escape, until he was finally rescued by the Ultramarines Chapter on a memorable raid.
Since then, back on Imperial soli, he scrapes out a living while he devotes himself to his real passion, novels. He has recently been seen researching for his latest story, something about a guy who goes nuts, believes himself to be a Space Marine or something like that and begins his own crusade through the stars. Quite a draft, but he's developing the plot...

2uruoa9.jpg

2qbgj20.jpg

Here you can see a close up of the arm (my classic staple & greenstuff ;) )

2mo8dhh.jpg

nqpshg.jpg

You can find him at the blog:

http://oldschoolworkshop.blogspot.com.e ... cribe.html

symphonicpoet

Love Servo Mike. He looks absolutely great, even if I did mistake him for some other collar wearing fellow of approximately similar vintage. Something of a language bias, most likely. *grumble, ahem* Very nicely done.

Suber

New stuff today. But first things first, I have to thank Cheetor, who so generously gave me these minis away. Man, you rock, thank you! :)

I'm talking about these beauties:

2s6adl4.jpg

I went classic for the Administratum guy:

r9kfno.jpg

Just b/w, the addings beong the checkers, the two stripes on the chest (maybe some rank insignia) and the Administratum sigil on the robes with the tiny "a" inside.

I made the rest the local bailiffs for my particular setting, so I made up the colour scheme and stuff, in order to make them look clearly different from the Arbites guys:

s6oec3.jpg

2581a11.jpg

2s63ifp.jpg

jsojuv.jpg

Here you have them all:

20k2j9e.jpg

And of course, here you have the blog post:

http://oldschoolworkshop.blogspot.com.e ... light.html

Suber

Ouch. Forgot to update this thread :oops:

Let me solve that, as I've not been idle. First thing: A friend gave me away these Eldar:

1hceip.jpg

Oh, my. What was I going to do? (Apart from starting an Eldar army, which for the moment was not an option ;D). A little kitbashing offered this aspect:

2ztd1ef.jpg

Then I saw their purpose (which I hadn't thought of until then!). Underhive pest control. For sure those lionrats and teracockroaches in the sewers need some tough guys to be in charge of the situation :grin:.

24vs47m.jpg

2unzlfn.jpg

Here you have them too:
http://oldschoolworkshop.blogspot.com.e ... ntrol.html

But that's not all! My original plan just involved a fistful of civilians, I was just planning a RT scenario in which a fugitive escapes from the arbitrators on the chase while dodging people on the crowded streets and jumping from here to there. At some point it all escaped from my hands, but whatever.
I was in dire need for cheap civilian minis to populate my streets. So I got these WotC Star Wars minis, less tan 1€ each:

zscqv.jpg

So it all was a matter of RT-ing them. I mostly used GW bits and some others. Let me show the after/before.

First of all, a merchantman:

11ifyb9.jpg
4fy32c.jpg

A more extensive conversion, involving WHFB bits:

2a0miqc.jpg
2016-03-03%2B20.44.36.jpg

A simple one, with the keyring of his ship ;D:

2016-02-22%2B22.40.49.jpg
2016-03-03%2B20.44.45.jpg

A guy with nothing in his hands (you never find those on the mini ranges!)

2016-02-21%2B18.33.35.jpg
2016-03-03%2B20.44.57.jpg

A protester, clearly!

2016-02-24%2B20.25.03.jpg
2016-03-03%2B20.45.44.jpg

Time for a lady:

2016-02-24%2B21.05.20.jpg
2016-03-03%2B20.45.17.jpg

This one was different. I got two minis out of him, by adding Skitarii bits:

[img ]https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-IqoNx3fLpGs/Vtiwqc0ofpI/AAAAAAAAAgM/AynCGJ9fwns/s1600/2016-02-26%2B18.36.30.jpg[/img]
2016-03-03%2B20.45.58.jpg
2016-03-03%2B20.46.08.jpg

A simple one, with a head from Maxmini:

2016-02-26%2B18.36.56.jpg
2016-03-03%2B20.46.21.jpg

Another protester:

2016-02-26%2B18.36.36.jpg
2016-03-03%2B20.47.10.jpg

A... Clerk from the Administratum?

2016-02-26%2B18.36.47.jpg
2016-03-03%2B20.47.00.jpg

The last one. I had these arms from the WHFB Empire cannon. What could I do out of them? A watermelon vendor! :grin:

2016-02-26%2B18.37.03.jpg
2016-03-03%2B20.46.34.jpg

So this is it for the moment. No idea when I'll get to paint them, but I'll try to put my hands on them soon!

You can find them here too:
http://oldschoolworkshop.blogspot.com.e ... dozen.html

Well, I hope they add some flavour to the board!

EDIT: Pics always look huge on my screen; I've been looking for a way to shrink them, but I've been unsuccessful so far. Is there any way to make them look smaller, please?

Back