Civilians for RT settings (et al)

Wow, you are truly creative when it comes to making conversions! Really impressing and inspiring :) I especially like the 17th century soldier turned bounty hunter, the school teacher turned Escher ganger and the Star Wars models turned into a whole gallery of new figures :)

By the way, how are the Star Wars models like to paint? I could imagine that it's a bit difficult to make the paint stick to such pre-painted models, because they have a quite glossy surface.

Suber

Sorry for the late answer, but I hadn't painted the SW minis yet! Now I can say something about that! :grin:

I have experienced no problem at all, I just spray primed them and painted as usual. I feared some flaking, but not at all. The material is rigid enough, so it doesn't bend and I'm content with the experience so far :ugeek:

I can bring you half of the batch today! I haven't come with good, elaborate stories, but at least each one of them has a name, I think I 'll let the stories be told by themselves with the minis. OK, enough. Let's go:

Ichabod Guss, merchant:

1621shv.jpg

Mesmer Godinus, space ships technician:

2hphmaq.jpg

Yohann ur Ghilt, taxi driver (Ouch, now I need a taxi!):

5l1mar.jpg

Gorden Karabas. Just a mere bystander:

262u0rd.jpg

Karim Gomm, fruit vendor (I need stalls too!):

1zlrdxd.jpg

Helenna Talabant, freelance prospector:

oans69.jpg

Here you have them too:
http://oldschoolworkshop.blogspot.com.e ... -pt-1.html

This is it for the moment! The rest will come anytime son, stay tuned!

Suber

Here they are, the rest of the group. Again, a quick work just enough for having them tabletop ready. Let's go for them:

Boubaka Salim ibn Abenasser, wasteland explorer:

ohpumw.jpg

Pedro Mobhing, local Bailiff:

ajs8qe.jpg

Gael Makabesse, Administratum clerk:

2ceqafs.jpg

Mick Bouros, local worker:

iyzuo9.jpg

Dabenari Molokisse, protester:

2hwnrwx.jpg

Brian Emmettis Pardus, another protester:

4q242.jpg

So this is it, time for a family pic:

sxk7t4.jpg

And the correspondent blog post:
http://oldschoolworkshop.blogspot.com.e ... -pt-2.html

So group finished, time to think about what's next :grin:

Really great and characterful conversion and paintjobs. I think the taxi driver and the worker are my favorites :)

How did you paint the face of Ichabod Guss the merchant? It seems like there is a slight hint of green to his skin color (which looks great btw :) )

Suber

Thank you!

Right, there's some green in all the faces. I first apply a base coat, using flesh with a little brown and red to the mix. Then, a first shade in a darker tone (adding more brown to the mix). Then I use a second, more 'controlled' shade, using a mix of dark green and dark blue (being more or less chromatic opposites to the flesh tones). That gives a deeper shade looking. From then it's just a matter of going back to the base color and then the highlights. Green works surprisingly nice, it gives the face a different quality :).

Fimm McCool":3l5d0vo4 said:
Imperiales eunt domus makes me chuckle. :)
:grin: It was too much a temptation to simply let it go, haha. I should make a vignette of an Arbitrator making him copy it correctly a hundred times :grin:

symphonicpoet

Inspirational stuff, as always, Suber. It's past time I build myself more civilians. And more ordinary working stiff civilians at that.

Back