Civilians for RT settings (et al)

Show us what you are working on at the moment

Moderator: Moderators

Post Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:05 pm

Civilians for RT settings (et al)

As I don't want to stain the manufacturers post on sci-fi civilians, I thought I'd rather post my ongoing stuff over here ;) .

First of all, you may have seen these not-Dune guys I'm using as guild masters/ local nobility/ whatever:

http://oldschoolworkshop.blogspot.com.e ... lians.html

(BTW, size comparison shot with a Forge World Space Marine)

Now I'm adding a character for urban scenarios, an outlaw on the run, trying to escape from the Arbites/rival gangs through the crowded streets.

I used a Zombicide runner, a Hasslefree head and some green stuff:

I was aiming for something 'not too much', I mean, nothing gothic, no skulls... Nothing too GW-oriented, but back to the roots. I was rather looking for a more generic, flexible approach, something like Blade Runner or so.

Weapons were an issue. GW guns are way too oversized for this model, they look ridiculously big in his hands. But I needed to relate the mini somehow to Warhammer, so I used a laspistol for the hand closer to the body and a regular gun for the one that attracts the eye attention:

For the same warhammerization purpose I chose a sword, but I'm afraid once again it's totally oversized.

So this is it, the project grows...

http://oldschoolworkshop.blogspot.com.e ... utlaw.html

I now have some Arbites, an outlaw, a few citizens... This could somehow turn into a RT scenario... ;) (more stuff needed, of course, but I'm on it!)

Post Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:42 pm

Re: Civilians for RT settings (et al)

Que buenas , ese rollo sci-fi viejuno me puede!!

Amazing minis Suber! This old school sci-fi looks is really great!

Post Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:13 am

Both my buildings for my urban RT project look too lonely, business need to be attended! So I got two minis from Otherworld and made some arrangements.

First of all, the bartender, Thonvald Callmenger:

As the bar lacked a draught tap, the barman needs to take a beer dispenser on his back :D:

Besides, The Sparklin' Pulsar was in severe need of goods, i.e., bottles! ;)

On the other hand, the... 'limited distribution items' shop also needed someone to be in charge:

The misterious lady only known as Mama Balaklava is told to have been a Technovice, or maybe even a Techpriestess, depending on who tells the story, before she delved into forbidden technologies and was banned from the Cult of Mars.

I added her some bionic implants and a servoskull (which I call Murray-X after Murray, the evil skull seeking for world domination from the Monkey Island games :lol: )

This shop now needs some bionic cats all over...

http://oldschoolworkshop.blogspot.com.e ... iness.html

There are more civilians on the workbench, hopefully after the weekend I'll be able to show them :)

Post Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:14 am

They are both fantastic, but Balaklavas nonchalant cup cleaning pose in addition to the bionic eye and massive floating skull with smoke coming out of it is brilliant.

Post Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:26 pm

Some great stuff here! Loving it.

Post Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:55 pm

Clever conversions, great painting and atmospheric scenery. Wonderful!

Post Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:56 pm

It is really looking better and better!

Post Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:24 pm

Inspiring stuff! Thank you for sharing these.

Post Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:51 am

Thank you! I must say I'm pretty much enjoying this, maybe too much! :? The problem is going to be where to stop! I'm coming with new silly ideas and that's inevitably dangerous! :lol:

Post Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:47 am

Told ya! This is getting out of control! :D

I got another bunch of civilians for my settings. First of all a Navigator, for any respectable project must have at least one :P

A Space Pirate, wanderer adventurer, you can never have enough of those:

This one will be some kind of underhive low class nomad. Or something. The kind of wild hunter coming to town to get food, kidnap children or get any kind of prey he can.

This merchant by Reaper had also potential for me. I added some greenstuff to the monkey so now it's a cyberpet. Some additional stuff is to be added here, but I won't spoil the surprise for now... ;)

This looks like the equivalent to that mini, but for sci-fi settings :D. Too tempting to let it go:

Finally, this one is definitely out of place within this bunch, but hey, it's what I painted. EM4 'brainfreezer'. I might have to look for a suitable creature within the RT bestiary ;)

I've developed these characters a little bit on the blog here:
http://oldschoolworkshop.blogspot.com.e ... s.html?m=0

Still have some silly ideas for new civilians, but now my attention must turn on scenery again... ;)
Next

Return to WIP