One (Chaos) Kinght In Parr Ish-Ultan ('s Warband)

whisper

Here is the test peice for the Dark Elves to try out the colours.

WIp_zpsffb47220.jpg

Will take better shots when he's finished.

Regards
Whisper

whisper

Dark Elven dude

Hello all

Little bit stuck here; still doing the paint scheme for the dark elf. I cannot decide what colors to do the skullz (i thought oldschool had less of them :razz:)

I've got 3 choices so would like to see what the collective comunity thinks.
I quickly photoshopped some proxies from the picture above to show what i mean.
1 Bone: Totally Old School in style.
Bone_zps3081d512.jpg

2 Bronze (metallic) with bright blue patina.. Gives some colour pop to the mini.
BronzePatina_zps98669464.jpg

3 Iron (metallic) with Orange brown rust.. may look too like the chain mail, but should really give the mini a touch of style! Much more modern style of painting.
RustySteel_zps214363a4.jpg

So whats the comunitys collective oppinion?

Regards
Whisper

bug16

Re: Dark Elven dude

whisper":2tzypk6o said:
Hello all

Little bit stuck here; still doing the paint scheme for the dark elf. I cannot decide what colors to do the skullz (i thought oldschool had less of them :razz:)

Unfortunately the model you're painting is where the skullz obsession kicks in with GW!

With regard to the colour to paint them, definitely option 3.

Harry

I like the purple/Bone in number 1 ... I am going to revisit my purple having seen yours.
Wonderful painting.
I went gold, gold and gold ... heres mine if it helps. :grin:

IMG_1076.jpg

IMG_1081.jpg

IMG_1078.jpg

whisper

Hey Harry those I great, love the depth of colour you have in the gold. Looking forward to catching up and seeing them first hand.

I cannot help but feel we are polar oppersites... You seem to be a machine churning out literally hundreds of fantastic paint jobs while it takes me a week to do one!

Regards
Whisper

Zhu Bajie

Re: Dark Elven dude

whisper":nebefaj8 said:
2 Bronze (metallic) with bright blue patina.. Gives some colour pop to the mini.
BronzePatina_zps98669464.jpg

This!!! Give him buckskin boots and a bronze sword, more turquoise, Give the skull a Mictlantecuhtli or sugar-skull feel - tiny bit of brght pink or red. Real Aztec / mezoamaerica vibe.

Harry

Oh, these aren't new.
I painted these a few years ago.
As it happens they are not even finished.
Mine really are army standard ... yours? ... a work of art ... You take your time buddy.

whisper

Update

Ok not bad for a test piece. Im not happy with the Kuri hilt im thinking a jet black would look nicer and im not satisfied with the skin tone.. I think working up from a pale blue/green/grey would be better than trying to get some of the pink in there.

Oh and yes I did give him a bright pink hand bag!
darkelf_zps273d0341.jpg

just 3 more to go, oh and to base him properly. I was thinking a woody base compleate with obligitory toadstools

regards
whisper

They look good!
How about adding a bit more deep shadows to add a bit more contrast to the whole mini?
Some diluted black washes here and there should do the effect ... just saying :)

whisper

Pretty sure no black washes needed.. Photo was taken with flash and it's buggered with the colour/ contrast. I played about with it in photoshop to get the colours more accurate but that took a lot of the contrast out..perhaps a mistake

Orlygg

Looking good there mate. Well done! I am looking for inspiration for my Slanneshi warband and have pinched a few ideas here and there on this thread. Thanks.

Back