BB 3rd Edition Chaos Team...

Show us what you are working on at the moment

Moderator: Moderators

Post Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:30 pm

BB 3rd Edition Chaos Team...

Yesterday, I started my chaos team on a whim more or less. Inspired by Harry's post, I decided I would not go for the GREEN and ORANGE colour scheme I had already base coated one in - some six or seven years ago. Instead, I copied Harry's paintjob straight off the bat. Drybrushing metals. Harry, you're a genious! I would NEVER have considered painting the warriors' armour pure metals unless I had seen you do it.

So, here's the first WIP shot after some two-three hours of work (including glueing bases on three and black basecoat on two of them). Nothing but drybrushing and washing so far, except for the gloves and gold parts. Those probably took me the same amount of time to do as all the other metals and washes.

The steel is done, more or less. I need to do base coats for the gold and gloves on the remaining three and then I'll do a wash and highlight of the gold and then highlight the leather parts up to something like 50/50 Vallejo Earth and GW Devlan Mud. I want the leather light, I think.

Post Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:19 am

Re: BB 3rd Edition Chaos Team...

Woah... looking at the pic at work, it seems I killed all the reds in photoshop and dialed up the yellow to 11. The metal is a bit more tarnished and the leather and gold does not have a green hue to them. =)

Post Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:58 am

Looking good nonetheless!

Certainly is a great looking colour scheme 8-)

Thankfully I only have a handful of Chaos players so don't need to worry about painting them till I've rounded up a whole team...

Post Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:15 am

Thantsants wrote:Certainly is a great looking colour scheme 8-)

I've always been of the opinion that BB players' pads should be coloured and uniform. Never even considered using pure metals.

Main benefit of it is the ludicrous speed at which the warriors can be painted. =D Since I dislike the models a fair bit (though painting them have made me warm up a bit) I didn't feel like spending ages on them.

Post Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:36 pm

Nothing much to it, but I figured I'd keep the thread updated for motivation.

Finished all the base coating and washing now, and steel parts are more or less finished. I'll highlight the golden parts, fill in a few details and the it's boots and gloves. Then they're done. =) Quick jobs!

Post Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:50 pm

Very tidy - nicely done sir! 8-)

Post Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:16 am

Thantsants wrote:Very tidy - nicely done sir! 8-)

Cheers Steve! They're a bit bland, but as a mate of mine used to say: "They're not only good, they're good enough!"

My main concern now is where to paint the damn player numbers so they're visible both front and back. Shoulder pads are a bit busy.

Post Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:57 am

See what you mean - could you paint large numbers either side of the spikes? For example putting the 1 and 3 of 13 on the bit of space left on the shoulder pads either side of the spikes.

Flat top helmet - on top of his helmet? :D

Middle left - breast plate and back plate - assuming its flat?

Chap on the right :?:

Post Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:31 am

Nombers? Nombers? We don' need no steenkin' nombers.
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Sorry, got a bit carried away there :) looking great so far.

Post Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:28 am

Oh yeah - surely they'll all just end up fighting over who is Number 8!
Next

Return to WIP