Re: Genestealers - hybrids on disks 25/02/18

area23

Re: Assembling the genestealer cult - eyeball mutant painted

very nice mutie!

Even if you swap the sorceror with a real magus, i'd keep the sorceror as an allied mutie rogue psyker.
It would justify any mutant presence in the army.
I never liked the idea of a Magus or even patriarch voluntary turning to chaos to get more power. Full cooperation with chaos cults does makes sense though.

Hmmm. Now I want one too.... :?

Last post was November. The funny thing is that this project was not even really on the backburner. I am just super slow. :?

Got a few more people painted.

Since I have a new table for the balcony and a new gaming matand have based up some trees, I decided to set up a quick outdoor game:

Close-ups of the armies:

Solo game using approximately RT rules. Genestealers won of course. No cheating involved ;)

I have a batch of hybrids currently being painted so they should be ready sometime before the end of the year haha

Slightly better pic of doggies:

The purestrains proved to be not very photogenic but they look OK in person. I did a bit of reworking on the original test coloyur scheme to get more contrast.

Scalene

Re: Genestealer cult - purestrains and chaos doggies

Hellbeasts are nice looking models. I watched Ghostbusters at the weekend, and they certainly look familiar.

Lord Vexer, also known variously as The Widespeaker, The Rainbow Incendiary, The Taker of Time, The Flaming Nuisance. True name unknown.

Attributes: extra arm, tentacles (2), incessant chatter, beastial face- bug, regeneration, irrational hatred of pink horrors, irrational fear of ambulls, prehensile tail, brightly patterned skin.

Equipment: Chaos sword (mighty strike), 2 x globe of change.

urion

Really nice job on the conversions. They definitely remind me of the Realm of Chaos conversions. Good stuff.

urion

Did you use Reaper tentacles for the arms? Those look really cool.

Thanks Urion. Yes, items from the Reaper creature components packs were used for the tentacles and the head. Also on the patriarch and eyeball mutant.

urion

Nice. I've thought about getting their conversion parts. They look really good.

Re: Genestealer cult - Lord Vexer the Lord of change 15/10/2

I have finished off some hybrids. Here is a pic of what I have completed so far. Plenty more in the pipeline.

Hopefully I will manage to take a few better photos in due course.

Re: Genestealers - more hybrids and work in progress 2/2/201

Finished some more hybbrids. Here are all the nes I have completed so far:

Sorry for poor quality photos. The only one that came out half decent is a rear view of the three new additions, so here it is:

Work in progress is a bunch of purestrains. I have gone for a much darker greyish blue base coat and then highlighted up. I am more satisfied with these - i think they look more sinister and organic than the ones i did last year.

fishstealer only has base coat at this stage. The others are nearly done.

Asslessman

Re: Genestealers - more hybrids and WIP purestrains 2/2/2016

Love the new hybrids and the 2 Olley magi especially !

They look great and I was always fond of the 90s colour scheme, in fact when the leman russ kit first came out I painted one up with a chaos plastic auto cannon perched on the top in a stealer camo scheme for a friend.

Nice job! I especially like that converted genestealer with tentacles and the "fishy" patriarch. And that paintjob on Lord Vexer really great - very old school.

Back