The Doom Forgers ... Harrys Dwarf team for Blood Bowl.

Harry

phreedh":1ykpheaa said:
Harry":1ykpheaa said:
But having seen Nico's NMM I may have to rethink that philosophy.
No man, stick to metallics! In 99% of the cases, they look better than NMM.
OK ... I know where I am with metalics. I'm all at sea with this NMM business. :grin:

Meanwhile:

bbdwarves004.jpg

bbdwarves005.jpg

bbdwarves008.jpg

bbdwarves010.jpg

bbdwarves013.jpg

bbdwarves015.jpg

bbdwarves018.jpg

bbdwarves021.jpg

In the greatest come back since Lazarus .... for any one who is keeping score that makes it 18-17 to the Doomforgers. :grin:

Ti Pouchon

Well done... well done indeed. More talent, more skill and faster, too.
I'll crawl back into the under-dog-house, then...

axiom

Lovely looking dwarf team - nice muted strip which allows the faces to really stand out. The hazard stripes are really well done too - you must have a steady hand.

On a point of personal preference, I find static grass over the edge of the base detracts from the overall look of the model. If it were me (and no obligation for you of course), I'd neaten up those edges ;)

Harry

Ti Pouchon":3bvdukmz said:
Well done... well done indeed. More talent, more skill and faster, too.
I'll crawl back into the under-dog-house, then...
Noooooo. I hope you don't really feel like that. Your painting is great.
My painting has come on heaps in the last few years I have been painting stuff.
I don't know about more talent ... I have read a lot of plogs, asked a lot of questions and taken a lot of advice, stolen lots of ideas, succesful paint schemes and followed recipies from everyone who was doing it better than me (which was most people at first) bit by bit my painting has come on and my skills improved. The single biggest thing is just painting loads of stuff and learning from experience.
I honestly hope my painting encourages (rather than discourages others). I am only using simple techniques dry brushing, washes, etc ... none of this blending nonsense. :grin: Nothing that can't be reproduced... and I have got where I am in just a few years of painting.

You crack on mate.
It's only half-time and there is only one point in it. :grin:
The only real competition here is with ourselves and the motivation to get stuff painted.

... and I haven't even found the next guys I need to paint. :shock:

Harry

axiom":1b6pua1v said:
Lovely looking dwarf team - nice muted strip which allows the faces to really stand out. The hazard stripes are really well done too - you must have a steady hand.

On a point of personal preference, I find static grass over the edge of the base detracts from the overall look of the model. If it were me (and no obligation for you of course), I'd neaten up those edges ;)

Yup I was keen to do a very simple scheme to let the minis speak for themselves.
Steady hand a very small brush. :grin:
No, you are right. I will tidy them up a bit when dry .... the PVA is still wet and visible in these pictures!
Most of the stuff hanging over rubs off pretty quick in normal play.

Harry

Thanks very much fellas.

I have started on the next few guys:

A Runner:

chaoswarbandsanddwarves.jpg

The Boss:

Cheerleader:

... and a Medic:

chaoswarbandsanddwarvesb.jpg

Thantsants

Nice selection of minis there, especially the runner - I think the sideline staff are the most fun to choose and paint!

Harry

And these guys are going to be my were wolves:

One from Heresy and one from Reaper:

and, finally, I have also made a start on the Death roller:

Harry

Thantsants":2tais1fo said:
Nice selection of minis there, especially the runner - I think the sideline staff are the most fun to choose and paint!
Thanks. The Runner has runner on the tab ... I can only assume he was sculpted with blood bowl in mind? However he does not seem to match either the bloodbowl minis or the fantasy range. i wonder of he was done as a bit of fun like some of the other Dwarf adventurers.

DaImp

Harry":2zx6icp3 said:
Thanks. The Runner has runner on the tab ... I can only assume he was sculpted with blood bowl in mind? However he does not seem to match either the bloodbowl minis or the fantasy range. i wonder of he was done as a bit of fun like some of the other Dwarf adventurers.
There were no players called "runners" in 2nd edition Blood Bowl so it would seem he is from a later edition of the game. But the runners in 3rd edition look very different to this miniature. SO... I am thinking it is from the fantasy range but is coincidentally called a runner. With this in mind I had a look on solegends and found him (no. 35 bottom right of the page, right next to your medic model):

0305dwfadvs.jpg

Hetz

I think he was originally supposed to be a messenger, running through tunnels during the Dwarven struggles in the World's Edge Mountains.

I have two of the little fellers lined up for my BB team too, might actually paint them one day...

Harry

I knew he was from those adventurers. I just thought he wasa bit of fun like the samuri. I hd never thought of him as being THAT kind of runner. (messenger)... maybe its because he is wearing running spikes. I always thought of him as an athlete. :grin:

Hetz

It was bugging me, where I remembered that from, so I had to check. It was a Dwarven career in WFRP.
Yay, senility hasn't got me yet :)

Ti Pouchon

Very nice. Very nice indeed.
Looks like I'm bested - the remaining minis of my team are still in the "construction" stage.

Back