Bestiary of the Exalted and the Unfortunate

Ti Pouchon

First things first, I want to congratulate you on getting this excellent project on the road - let's see how it turns out! I guess I'm willing & able to help see it succeed, so I'd like to apply for the following chamipons:

TZEENTCH 070 --- Human --- Headless, FP1 --- ---

Yeah, that's an easy one, I guess. I have a headless Chaos guy in the pipeline anyway, so why not?

TZEENTCH 060 --- Human --- Eyestalks, bestial face - goat, atrophy (an arm and a leg) --- ---

A bit more challenging.. but still nothing too hard. I mean, half of that guy isn't even really there, is it?

NURGLE 060 --- Dwarf wizard --- Magic level 1, cloven hooves, shrink (1/2 size), crossbreed with ogre, resilient, prehensil tail, manikin, FP2 --- ---

Yeah, that one. The other Nr.60. Now we're cooking with gasoline! Cross-breed a very big and a very small creature, shrink the result down to half size, replace face with teeny-tiny torso, add hooves and a tail. That's what I want to do. I don't know how but I want to. The mad scientist in me sees this entry and goes: Yeah!

So yeah, please put me down for these three. I'll be good for 'em, I promise.

This is a copy of the pm I just sent to Plaiecivile. Just wanted to claim dibs in public now. Mwa-ha-ha.
Also, what the heck does "FP" mean? Frickle Points?
("frickeln" is a German verb meaning something like "to tinker", "to jerry-rig", "to mess with without purpose"

Plaiecivile

So far so good, thanks to everyone who already got on this train!
I will do my best to bring a Slaanesh and Khorne table ASAP so nobody feels discriminated ;)

And here is my first work, Tzeentch_480, ready for basing and painting:
A human with Extra joints in legs, quadruped, albino and fangs.

I used the legs and arms of a '88 bloodletter (yes he was harmed in the process), spikes of a plastic mount of Slaanesh, torso of a dark elf split in half and the head of a Blood Angel sergeant.
I wanted him to look like he is still wearing parts of his old armor and sized him to be a proper hound pack master.

Ti Pouchon":28040k1s said:
NURGLE 060 --- Dwarf wizard --- Magic level 1, cloven hooves, shrink (1/2 size), crossbreed with ogre, resilient, prehensil tail, manikin, FP2 --- ---

Yeah, that one. The other Nr.60. Now we're cooking with gasoline! Cross-breed a very big and a very small creature, shrink the result down to half size, replace face with teeny-tiny torso, add hooves and a tail. That's what I want to do. I don't know how but I want to. The mad scientist in me sees this entry and goes: Yeah!

Ooh another Manakin, must have missed that one, or on second thought, I think I saw him, imagined the work and skipped him.
although I would have thought to shrink the dwarf first then crossbreed it with a regular sized ogre and then replace the head with a manikin, I think crossbreeding first and than shrinking second might be the better option :mrgreen:

in any case good luck! will be interested to see how you pull it off

Vyper

Ti Pouchon":16hj6xj4 said:
This is a copy of the pm I just sent to Plaiecivile. Just wanted to claim dibs in public now. Mwa-ha-ha.
Also, what the heck does "FP" mean? Frickle Points?
("frickeln" is a German verb meaning something like "to tinker", "to jerry-rig", "to mess with without purpose"

I hate to be the boring one, but I think it might just be 'Fear Points'? If I remember right, every third fear point you had equalled one level of 'Fear' as per the game rules.

Bane

So totally up for this (just to add to my to do list) and in the true spirit of it I rolled 160 on the nurgle table: dwarf, horrible stench, all arms tentacles, multiple heads 3, bestial face on 2 heads (goat) and featureless head on 3rd! I'm about to delve into my bitz box and will post my results here...

Cheers,
Bane

axiom

Your quadraped looks fantastic Plaiecivile! The Bloodletter body works really nicely as the basis for a hound conversion :)

I made a start on my champion over lunch. For reference, he's #65 on the Tzeentch list:
Minotaur with big ears, regeneration, uncontrollable flatulence (paralysing), rearranged face, temporal instability (voluntary), eyestalks and a scorpion tail

So far I've just been playing around with the base model. I've got some eyestalks on the way and still need to source a scorpion tail. Oh, and he's missing his big ears and hasn't yet had his face rearranged!

Minotaur_zps311999ae.jpg

Base model is my own minotaur from my Beast Face Miniatures range. I've swapped the head for a head from Warploque Miniatures (not sure if it's still running as a line). I replaced the axe head with a mace head from a zoat and done some repositioning of the arm (to raise it up and out from the body). I'll put up some further progress pics as I get the bits and find time to work on him :)

Ti Pouchon

Mr Tough Guy":i97ztkta said:
Ooh another Manakin, must have missed that one, or on second thought, I think I saw him, imagined the work and skipped him. although I would have thought to shrink the dwarf first then crossbreed it with a regular sized ogre and then replace the head with a manikin, I think crossbreeding first and than shrinking second might be the better option :mrgreen:

in any case good luck! will be interested to see how you pull it off

Thank you! I will try not to dissapoint.

Well, if I want to build a manikin, putting it on top of a shrunken dwarf head is out of the question. So the head has to be ogre. Since both dwarfs and ogres have no necks but have their chins nestling somewhere on their chests, that means ogre torso too.

That leaves the extremities for dwarf. Shrunken dwarf limbs on a regular size ogre torso? I'm afraid that would be too far off scale-wise. The answer, then, is to shrink down the ogre head/torso combo as well, using some mini which is both muscular and paunchy, slightly larger than human and has a square-jawed head with no neck. That'd be orc, I guess. Easy to turn orc head into ogre head; it's all in the ears. Rest of face gets filed off anyway (manikin!). Unarmored body because wizard, best find a topless one and go shaman mode.

Very short yet stocky legs, add hooves. Has to fit on 20mm base to be all dorf-like. Tail is easy-peasy, save for last.
Arms? Depends on the source mini for head/torso. Either use original or have very short dorf arms flailing about like on a T-Rex. Big, articulated fists, though, since both dwarfs and ogres have 'em. Gloves, then?
Mustn't forget wizard's staff and Nurgle theme. Kill two birds with one stone there and make staff with three nobs on end.

Edit: Looking good there, Axiom, nice mino!
If I may, though, I have something to complain about: isn't that guy supposed to have paralysing flatulence? How can he stand tall then? Shouldn't he be bent over double with his arse sticking out emitting noxious vapours for the greater glory of Nurgle?
If I were to build that guy, I'd have him squatting down, head forward, neck strained, torso forward, both hands on stomach and arse out, using the whole pose to play a stupid fart joke.
To tell the truth, I wanted to build the fartmino but I don't have a mino mini - and then, you went ahead and nabbed it anyway.
I'll shut up now. You go ahead and build a marvellous mino for me to be envious about!

2nd Edit: @plaiecivile, that quadruped is marvellous! C'est l'homme!
I hafta say, though, when I saw the pic, I couldn't help but whince. Here I am trying desperately to source two Bloodletters and you go ahead and cut one up! Yeah, the result is awesome and looks way better than the original mini but still... I'm ashamed to admit that the first thing that came to my mind was "Noooooo.. another one gone, I'll never find some for me now, boo-hoo." Please forgive me.

Plaiecivile

axiom":1d1g3ohj said:
Base model is my own minotaur from my Beast Face Miniatures range.

Now that are some great miniatures that you cast! It definitly deserved a zoat weapon :grin:

Bane":1d1g3ohj said:
I'm about to delve into my bitz box and will post my results here...

That is a part of what I love about this project, finally using material that as been waiting in a box for to long.
It is like discovering someone else collection, except it all comes from my own wich as grown "almost" too large ;)

Ti Pouchon":1d1g3ohj said:
I hafta say, though, when I saw the pic, I couldn't help but whince. Here I am trying desperately to source two Bloodletters and you go ahead and cut one up!

Don't worry I will not so savagely cut up old lead without a good reason. In that case, the arms come from 2 seperate torso that I got from a quite nasty and unexpensive job lot.
As for the legs... well... I already have a unit of 20 of those guys plus 6 others still waiting for inspiration.

Great conversion on the quadruped champion Plaiecivile!
The minotaur is promising to be a bit special too!

FP are on page 111 of saves to darkness.

I love rolling on the charts, it is so restful. I normally like to generate champions using the standard reward system, but I will have a go at doing it this way to show willing.
Here is what I rolled up:

254 - human snake tail x2, goat face, feathered hide, hideous appearance, multiplication, suckers
FP 14 ! causes fear +1 6"

I also rolled up d6 gifts as specified on p233 of TLaTD (the champions as generated on the charts only have attributes)
Reckoning of Tzentch,
hand of Tzeentch ?! (might call it hand of a pink horor)
chaos steed.

and his free roll on the armour and weapon chart:
heavy armour
Daemonsword with a bound plaguebearer?!? (oops, guess that should be pink horror, i think they must have hired a nurgling to proofread the book)

Looks like lots of converting to be done. Will be good practice with the modelling putty.

On second thoughts maybe I should do him without the hand of Tzeentch, so that he looks exactly as in the chart. Any thoughts on this?

Vyper

weismonsters":1u5h36at said:
Daemonsword with a bound plaguebearer?!? (oops, guess that should be pink horror, i think they must have hired a nurgling to proofread the book)

Doesn't seem like an error to me, what greater suffering can you think of for a daemon than to bind it to a weapon which is used by the Champion of an opposing God! :grin:

There will be this poor plaguebearer stuck inside a Tzeentchian Champion's sword spluttering "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to cut you, I'm so sorry, it's not my fault, please put me down!"

Plaiecivile

weismonsters":7x8qbiht said:
On second thoughts maybe I should do him without the hand of Tzeentch, so that he looks exactly as in the chart. Any thoughts on this?

Well you raise an important point here. There are no god specific attributes in ther original charts.
As I already said, the minimum criteria is to have all the "physical" attributes given on the chart... But coherent additions such as a god specific gift or a magic weapon could be a good thing.
Simply mention it when you submit for an entry. In your case, that would make sence to have the suckers on the tip of a pink horror hand!

axiom

Ti Pouchon":q88tyl0m said:
Mr Tough Guy":q88tyl0m said:
If I were to build that guy, I'd have him squatting down, head forward, neck strained, torso forward, both hands on stomach and arse out, using the whole pose to play a stupid fart joke.

I'm sad to say, that element never even occurred to me - sorry! :oops: I'm choosing to interpret his flatulance as causing paralysis on his opponents, rather than himself. Yes...that sounds reasonable ;)

Ti Pouchon

You're right, of course. Adjective relation in English still is ambiguous to me, sometimes - especially late at night. I thought 'paralysing' was a PPA, there. Sorry.

Plaiecivile

More champions available, plus a first batch of Khorne champions :grin:

And by the way, please remember to send me a PM when you want to confirm an entry, I want to make sure I keep track of everything.

Plaiecivile

So now if you ever wondered what would a beastman with tentacles - all arms, rotting flesh, crossbreed with giant spider, manic fighter and evil eye attributes, well that is pretty much the shape it takes in my head!
No sculpting yet but you get where I am going... it will make a great chaos spawn leader with its evil eye on the forehead to complete the tzeentch patern.

skittifink

065 --- Minotaur --- Invisibility, crown of flesh (eyestalks), rapid regeneration, pseudo-demonhood, bestial face - horse, beaked, FP8 --- ---

I'm at concept stage ....

Attachments

• horse.jpg
    horse.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 2,744

weazil

I was so inspired by this, I started immediately. I've already completed Khorne, 045:

pure-white-background-hdwhite-background-wallpaper-high-resolution--3659-wallpaper-fw4mue6n.jpg

I left her on a white background, so as not to take away from what I thought was a very simple but very effective paint job...

Plaiecivile

weazil":22e23z0w said:
I was so inspired by this, I started immediately. I've already completed Khorne, 045

I am sorry but I cannot accept your entry, it is obviously a recast from the invisible stalker by Wizard of the Coast 8-)

Attachments

• outsider_fools_8.jpg
    outsider_fools_8.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 2,719

weazil

Plaiecivile":332vb7vp said:
I am sorry but I cannot accept your entry, it is obviously a recast from the invisible stalker by Wizard of the Coast 8-)
]

:shock:

Blast and damnation! But how did you spot it?!?

Back