And it is obviously unbased.

This is how to paint an invisible mutant:

spectre-base-004.jpg

weazil

theottovonbismark":1997wjfp said:
And it is obviously unbased.

This is how to paint an invisible mutant:

spectre-base-004.jpg

Alas, there is no clapping emoticon, because that's what is required here. Seeing as how I've been disqualified for recasting, Khorne, 045 is yours sir. Well played! :grin:

Asslessman

Model's right but the matt varnish drybrush on the hair could have used a little matt medium wash just to make it less chalky and visible. I wouldn't have painted eyes this way but hey! this is chaos right?

Round base you sure?

Behold!

The first pic of Gladdishiet the Enraged! Held together by blutac because I'll need to paint all the weapons separately.

'Tis Nurgle 050 --- Dwarf --- Irrational hatred of elves, Manic fighter, manikin, levitation (7pts), regeneration, FP2

Models:
That horrid plastic slayer from the Skull Pass boxed set.
A plastic snotling
Knife and ankle knife from Forgeword Imperial Guard
Spear from Battlemasters
Flail from plastic Flagellants boxed set
Scimitar from plastic skeletons
Sword from Bretonian Knights
Hammer from Bretonian knights
Clear plastic base from Nurgle-knows-where.
Greenstuff.

Attachments

• 50chaosdwarf.jpg
    50chaosdwarf.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 2,842
Wait, I messed up, that was a different invisible model I painted for another project. ;)

That guy looks cool Bluey, not an easy set of mutations to even visualize in my overactive imagination. I will definitely get on to this project at some stage in the future when I have not got so many other projects in the pipeline - I will pick up some of the ones that nobody else takes on and give it them some Bismarkification.

On the subject of invisible guys I remember playing in a big Realms of Chaos campaign years ago and one of my mates rolled a 4x sized invisible dragon ogre. His model was basically a flocked base with 4 paw prints that was 4 times the size needed to fit a standard classic dragon ogre 8-) .

Asslessman

I'm still considering casting (yeah I know it's wrong) a model in crystal resin to make it look invisible in a more elegant way... I think there are many ideas to be used this way.

Thanks guys.

On the subject of invisibility - ask yourself - if you have ever played DnD, how did you detect the invisible things? In movies, how can the invisible be seen?

We cannot see the wind - only it's effects. So here are a few ideas.

Displacement - hollow shapes in water, snow shapes (like in League of extraordinary gentlemen) or water spray that reveals the hidden shape. Foot prints - in the sand, in the mud, in the snow.

The invisible man whose coat and hat (or helmet) do not turn invisible with him (or weapons).

Shadows!

It can be done!

I was thinking of doing something with partial invisibility, maybe something inspired by the phantom limb from the venture bros like a floating torso

Plaiecivile

I had not estimated necessary to specify this...
but I thought that sculpting the "visible" form of an invisible champion was the way everyone would go...
Now if anyone feels like working with clear plastic and the surrounding terrain elements, go for it!

Started on a Champion of Nurgle
861-865 Orc - Invisibility, Technology - Bolter, Mane of Hair, Resilient, FP1

first sketch with ideas:
nurgle1_zps692f0060.png

and the mini so far pre greenstuffing:
nurgle2_zps346c553f.png

the separate components:
nurgle3_zps0e129e9f.png

So the original idea was to connect the floating torso using a sword hung to the waist, but then I found that space wolf back with the cape that was just perfect and a far more elegant solution then trying to hang a sword on his wais tto connect everything, there's a pin on the wolfcape that connects it to the base.
the torso is an upside down plastic space marine torso, but will add some greenstuf detailing to hide the fact. might still add another ring of plasticard to extend the waist down, or maybe try to give him some sort of codpiece or loincloth, although once I add the bolter the gaping hole will be covered a bit more so maybe that won't be necessary. The bolter will be pinned in place across his chest, and a pair of shoulderpads will be added.

the original idea was to give him a head from a confrontation (rackham) orc brute with a greenstuff mane, but now I'm even thinking of keeping him headless, or try to make an empty floating half helmet or something

anyway still lots to do but I just wanted to show of the idea :mrgreen:

Plaiecivile

I like what I see... and what I don't... :roll:
Anyway good job!

I also have some material coming together, if at least there could be less warm sunny days so I can justify to get in the basement ;)

Behold!

Gladdishiet the Enraged!

Nurgle 050 --- Dwarf --- Irrational hatred of elves, Manic fighter, manikin, levitation (7pts), regeneration, FP2

Decided to lose the spear, scimitar and hammer, but gave him a leg knife instead.

I'll try take some better photos in daylight, but here he is!

Attachments

• IMAG2420.jpg
    IMAG2420.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 1,716
Back