WIP - Zedmeisters Rogue Trader Guard Force

zedmeister

Time to put my money where my mouth is. I do love the older models both for their nostalgia but also for their simplicity of assembling and painting. For me, Imperial Guard have always been my long standing first choice for 40K armies both in Epic and in 40k. And nothing epitomises the Imperial Guard look than the ones produced during Rogue Trader. I've spent the last 6 years rebuilding my Imperial Guard since my big blow out and have amassed more than I used to have (ironically!). Getting the minis wasn't too bad. Here's what I've assembled so far:

RTGuard-Assembled.jpg

A morass of grunts, sergeants, lieutenants, heavy weapons and commanders

And here's my Imperial Guard tray - what I've managed to collect so far:

RTGuard-Tray.jpg

10 points for guessing models!

Deciding on a paint scheme was a little harder. After thumbing through old material, I came across a single image of a Rhino in White Dwarf 103 that belonged to the Necromundian 3rd Company "The Wrecking Crew". Loving the flippant name, I decided that my company of grunts would be of the 3rd Necromundian company and painted this test piece:

RTGuard-TestPiece.jpg

Happy with it, I painted up a bunch of mates to go with him:
RTGuard-Unit.jpg

As you can see, I've got a little way to go yet, with these currently on my workbench:
RTGuard-Workbench1.jpg

Getting motivation to get my backside in gear is where I always struggle, I'm not the fastest of painters :( . Still, I want to use this thread as a way to motivate me to get my Guardsman into good shape. What I'm currently planning is to have a load of infantry squads armed with the traditional Lasgun, Grenade Launcher and Lascannon followed by some Psyker Squads, Beastman Squads and a maybe a penal legion squad or two. Backing this up will be some sentinels, Land Speeders, Jetbikes, Robots, Rhinos, Rapiers and Tarantulas.

As for Fantasy, I'm still preparing them so it will be a while yet before I have anything to show. Also, I hope to stick some of my Epic Titans into the Showroom shortly.

Thantsants

Brilliant - you're right about these minis being THE Imperial Guard.

Love the colour scheme - personally it was always the Lucky Sevens that caught my eye.

Looking forward to seeing the Beastmen and Robots in particular. If I ever get back into collecting and gaming this stuff they would be high on my list 8-)

Chico

Wow, i've got a bag or 2 of the old Guard too so seeing these may get me too start on them..

Good job.

bug16

Lovely models! They're another army I regret selling. :(

I'm looking forward to seeing your Titans, hurry up and post the pics! :)

Naagruz

Excellent work on these Zed! Love the classic scheme.

Olley guard, penal troops, Thudd Guns, Jet Bikes & more; you really have fun work ahead of you. :grin:

phreedh

Wonderful work, zätamäster! Hope to see more soon, but please focus on the fantasy stuff as all this old school guard goodness makes me want to break my vow of not collecting any RT/40K stuff.

Back