Orlygg's Slaves to Darkness 25th Anniversary Project Log

Orlygg

Hello,

As many of you will be aware I am beginning a project in celebration of the twenty-fifth year of Realm of Chaos Slaves to Darkness... Beginning with a Khorne and Slaanesh Armies to (hopefully) take on the road later this year to place face to face with other Oldhammer Heros. I'll be restricting posts of completed models to my blog and thought I'd post WIP here, like in my old Warseer days.

To begin with, WIPs of my first model, the 1980s Chaos Chariot by the Perry Twins. Just rough shots of the champion, charioteer, one of the horses and the chariot itself.

DSC08653_zps63704b6e.jpg

DSC08656_zps2f205644.jpg

DSC08659_zps197d5ab0.jpg

DSC08661_zps0c12ee92.jpg

DSC08662_zps685dcc1a.jpg

DSC08663_zps8e6d9c9e.jpg

What do you think so far?

DaImp

I find these work in progress shots absolutely fascinating. Its great to see how the miniatures come together and the techniques used to paint them. So much more interesting than the final product where all the work is somewhat hidden. These are looking great, the chariot is looking especially good. Great mix of colours and textures on the chariot, very natural looking verdigris and general feeling of age to it.

Orlygg

Yes, I am quite pleased with the chariot - so thank you. I used the chariot and its crew as an opportunity to experiment with drybrushing, glazes and blending - which are techniques that I don't use much...

Thantsants

Very nice start but I always feel sad when I see pics of this chariot as I sold mine a few years back to buy Orcses with... :(

Naagruz

Nice work so far!
I like what you have done with the chariot body so far & look forward to seeing your progress. The wood on the chariot reminds me of my fence this time of year with moss growing on it. Good stuff!

Are you thinking of basing the entire model or keeping the horses based independently?

Orlygg

Long term, the chariot will be based as a whole unit - as I have other chariots to base in this way too... Short term,, I' ll just base the horses to get the unit on the field.

Orlygg

Hello, a quick update of what is going on at Orlygg's desk. We the blog falls quiet, you can be sure that my limited time for hobby projects is being spent brush in hand. This weekend has seen me continue to work on my Khorne RoC army. So I thought I'd post up some WIPs and completed models.

Here they are...
DSC08682_zps5dca4472.jpg

[imghttp://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb432/orlygg/DSC08686_zps7ae05e51.jpg][/img]
DSC08692_zps29cc734d.jpg

DSC08693_zps0d0a9162.jpg

DSC08710_zps31ed67ac.jpg

DSC08712_zpsbb35dc67.jpg

DSC08715_zpsb67cfb77.jpg

DSC08717_zps78ac2887.jpg

DSC08718_zps278ffda0.jpg

Feedback and comment is more than welcome for esteemed colleagues.

Naagruz

The finished chariot looks great & it appears as though a large, plush duck was the Blood God's first victim. :grin:

Excellent work on the warriors as well; that armor has lots of good RoC flavor!

phreedh

Nice! In particular, I like the Goodwin warrior with the fur slippers, horned helmet and two-handed axe. Great model, and a really nice job on the armour there!

Orlygg

phreedh":1fm1d3kw said:
Nice! In particular, I like the Goodwin warrior with the fur slippers, horned helmet and two-handed axe. Great model, and a really nice job on the armour there!

You are right about that champion, certainly one of the best ever sculpted. Considering that it is from the 1985 release, the sculpting quality from that release really does vary.

Back