Space Orks...the other Boyz

Orjetax

Your deathskulls make me want to branch out and try some facepaint/tattooing myself.

I'm deeply envious of your pace as well :)

I recently painted up a heap more Heroquest Orcs and Goblins and had forgotten how much of a joy it is to paint Greenskins...it was time to show the Space Orks some much needed love again.
DSCF3265_zpsdprkzvlp.jpg

Half of my first of two Blood Axe mobs.

Haha, cheers man :)

It's funny, I had this picture in mind when painting these guys but as I mentioned I didn't look at it- I was picturing them in grey but seeing it again they're in green and there's a whole Vietnam thing going on.
I had originally planned for the RT Dread I have painted for my Goffs to be a part of the Blood Axes (thanks to this picture), I'm seriously considering repainting it, considering they already have a 2nd ed Dreadnought...

cheetor

These are great Bruno. The guy with the odd smurf hat never made much sense to me visually, but it works perfectly here.

Ti Pouchon

Very, very nice.

I keep coming back to these, the Kev Adams Orks are some of my favorite sculpts of all time and these are painted up really, really ace.

cheetor":c9wwsang said:
Having one of each of the entries in "Freebooters" is something that I am considering tackling. More research required.

that's one of the projects i am working on at the moment. i've finished a simple Pirate Mob and now I'm doing the Ork-Genestealer Hybrid mob. I reckon at this rate I'll have one of every mob complete in about 5 years :grin:

Thanks a bunch for all the comments people.
cheetor":2tvdnwkf said:
The guy with the odd smurf hat never made much sense to me visually, but it works perfectly here.
You and me both- I never really wanted him to be honest but ended up with a couple (as you do) and I'm pleased I did now.

Next instalment:
Blood%20Axes1_zpssceubxem.jpg

urion

You have a pretty awesome army so far. I'm sad to hear so few people like the Death Skulls. They are my favorite tribe. This thread make me think about doing a Rogue Trader space ork army. I did an inventory on my space orks tonight and it turns out I have about 120 or so orks from '92 and earlier. I think I might start to strip them and I'll decide what to do with them after that.

symphonicpoet

Very nice! The Blood Axes were always my least favorite tribe, but I must confess, they look much much better in black than all that red. You've sold me on them. (Well, save for the Storm Boyz with the silly packs. Still not sold on those. But you're welcome to try. I'd love to see you do it, actually.)

Anyway, very very nice.

And Urion . . .

I like Death Skulls. (Or should that be Def Skullz?) Who doesn't like Death Skulls?

Back