Space Orks...the other Boyz

With the Goffs out of the way, I'll be taking on the other clans one at a time.
First up will be the Deathskulls because a) after so much red and black the colour scheme will be a nice change
b) the Goffs could use some heavy firepower to back them up
c) I don't have that many of them and should be able to knock them over quickly and move on

Ok, ere we go...
ShokkAttackGun_zpsa191b6cf.jpg

DeathskullRuntherd_zpsda109436.jpg

DSCF1229_zps6ca4e606.jpg

cheetor

Of all the clans, I think that the Death Skulls have the most limited appeal to me. That said, that boss looks really great, nice work.

Are you aiming to have a force from each of the clans alongside you Goffs? Thats pretty cool, if quite ambitious. I did it before in Epic scale ~twenty years ago, but getting it done in 28mm, "period" models has loads of appeal.

Ill be watching this :)

I know what you mean, the fact all of mine are going to be toting eavy weapons doesn't really give them much extra scope.
After a lot of deliberation I dedicated the S.A. gun to them to give them some kind of showpiece.
Probably criminal but I favour the Evil Sunz least of all, Bad Moons and Freebooters probably being my favourites.

The end goal is indeed to have one huge warband led by the Goffs, but list wise I have planned them out as at least 3 large armies with Goffs, Snakebites and Bad Moons being the most numerous.

2 finished Deathskull boys and the Boss with newly applied blue face paint.
I was dreading attaching the weighty metal weapons but all went smoothly.
Deathskulls_zps4dd839d0.jpg

And here's a WIP of another 2
Deathskullswip_zps817c59f9.jpg

Ti Pouchon

I really like your Orks. I think the sculpts are ace and your painting makes 'em pop - great stuff!
Have to say it, though: The deathskull boss has a huge mould line along his left arm.

Chico

Good job, Deathskulls are my least favourite Klan but you are doing a good job on them.

Orjetax

Ooo!

Don't I recognize at least one of the WIP?

One of the reasons why we've got such a great forum here. Old stuff finds a new home and gets painted!

Ti Pouchon: haha, I always miss stuff like that :oops:
And keeping the tradition, just as I go to post this new pic I see a big chunk of paint missing from one of the boy's hands...I did remove the mould line though hehe.
Deathskullmob_zps09f22710.jpg

Orjetax: couldn't agree more!

Great work, I've always been a fan of the old Deathskulls, and these look fantastic , just like they should look, multicoloured weapons of mass destruction

(on a side note we should really have one of those drooling smileys for stuff like this)

Asslessman

Chico":cqb7mhwm said:
Very nice, but you missed the chance to write rude things on the sign hehe

If you could read gretchin, you'd know that there is actually some real nasty stuff implying reader's parents and goats written here :lol:

One of the gretchin forgot his make-up !

Great work CVB !

Cheers guys, and yeah I was tempted to write something rude on the sign (like your "Fek U", Chico) but stuck to the studio's version.

Amusingly, the next door neighbour has just put 2 goats into the paddock next door- if I look out the window when I'm at the PC here I can see goats!

I can't believe I missed the grot's makeup either...actually I can :lol:

Suber

Never mind, it's worth it, the Space Crusade ORks with new weapons look perfect for that role and the Weirdboy is totally cool! :)

cheetor

That Weirdboy is a fun figure. I have one lined up to be the Navigator for my Freebooters. The little specs and the hat on the doll on the pole give Disney pirate look, plus the bones give a voodoo vibe too. Its a cool old model that doesnt seem to get as much attention as it warrants I think.

Except from CVB of course, nice one. The minders look a bit comical, but SC plastics are going to be a bit like that no matter what really.

Back