Atahualpa, Servant of The Old Ones (5th ed lizards)

Here's my lizardmen. A few were started back in the day (including my 1st or 2nd regiment for Warhammer, can't quite recall if it was these or undead). In order of painting:

5 green Saurus in the 90's

10 green saurus, Salamander w/crew, skink shaman, 16 blue skinks, 3 swarm bases: painted in the mid-late 2000's

5 green saurus, 20 blue saurus, 16 orange skins, 16 green skinks, 16 other blue skinks, Slann mage priest, 2 swarm bases: Painted in The Time of Covid.

EWHIAlB.jpg

tmK5DQH.jpg

WG4qgzq.jpg

Poorhammer command group! Painted one trooper in a contrasting color that makes him a "champion". Replaced one troopers weapon with brass rod and glued two shields to it, now he's a "standard bearer".

T6Yzleo.jpg

QOh6WkD.jpg

So what's next? 20 more plastic saurus and 32 more plastic skinks of course. Another swarm base of lizards. I might consolidate my snake models down onto two bases. I have a metal skink command group, and I *think* I have a few spare plastic skinks, I might paint those as Poorhammer unit champions. Then I have 15 temple guard and 3 terradons. But the terradon bases will not stop breaking prior to painting so I may just sell them.

symphonicpoet":2vv80wqx said:
You have a little bit of absolutely everything. :) I love it! One of these days I should refresh my army shots.

I think I have 13 painted Games Workshop armies. I lost precise count. That's part of my reason for going Oldhammer. It's unaffordable to update all the codices and army books every few years. I could seriously buy a new gun or crossbow for reenacting, for the price of buying one of the new hardback books per army.

I'll be adding 20 orange saurus next, with Poorhammer command group. And another swarm base. I am just not motivated to paint any more skinks for awhile.

symphonicpoet

^Yeah, that I understand. I got out of the game for a great many years after second edition came along for much the same reason: just didn't want to buy new rules. Particularly when the rules came bundled with miniatures I didn't really need and couldn't at that time afford. (Had plenty of orks and marines already.) Add to that the insult of having just picked up a collection of squats . . .

Ah well. Never really played the tournament circuit anyway. Just played pick-up games with friends. And now I'm much more interested in adventure games, really. (Side effect of buying too many RT adventurers back in the day. And now they have lots and lots of friends. "Civilians and adventurers" may be my single largest "army.")

Anyway, loving each and every army you throw up here. Keep it up. Will have to find the army thread and maybe update my own. :)

Back