Painting the lead - Marauder Wights Pg 2

zedmeister

Been a while since I posted anything. Been more swinging the lead instead of painting the lead. Finally finished this pair of Terminators. Most likely, they'll end up down a Space Hulk corridor. Painted in the classic Mentor Legion colours and chapter badge. I even used the original Hobgoblin Orange and Spearstaff Brown GW paints to colour in the owl:

MentorLegionTerminator2.jpg

MentorLegionTerminator1.jpg

Sleepysod

Re: Painting the lead - Mentor Legion Terminators

Not just Mentor legion - but Mentor legion terminators! - ee gads! run away, run away! and quickly!

Really nice badge work there as well. Haven't followed 40K since 2e - have the reintroduced the Mentor (Menthyl/Mental) legion in any subsequent iterations of the game? They had some great background fluff in RT.

zedmeister

Badge is a sneaky transfer that I printed out. Terrible at freehand

I'm not up to speed on modern 40k, but with what I know on the legion themselves, they changed the chapter badge but they've pretty much been relegated to the background and barely get a mention last I checked.

igirisujin

Mentor legion! Great stuff. Sorry, my painted marines are also Mentor legion, I am a huge fan. I painted my small force about about 16 years ago and should probably get back into painting them. I have a few more marines to paint could you point me in the direction of the transfers I would be very grateful.

Attachments

• DSC_0309.jpg
    DSC_0309.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 1,293

Humby50

They look lovely, the colours are really clean and pop so well!

I've always really liked the look of the mentor legions colour scheme, and the old fluff for them was very appealing too.

Orjetax

Good look Mentor Legions in this thread. Nice and clean paint jobs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zedmeister

igirisujin":ik22paxj said:
Mentor legion! Great stuff. Sorry, my painted marines are also Mentor legion, I am a huge fan. I painted my small force about about 16 years ago and should probably get back into painting them. I have a few more marines to paint could you point me in the direction of the transfers I would be very grateful.

Nice! You've made me dig into my pile of unpainted models. Though, I've run out of Terminators for now...

Here's the chapter badge - it's in SVG format which will allow you to resize without loosing quality:

MentorLegionBlank.svg

Create a sheet of them in your favourite graphics program, get yourself some transfer paper (I printed mine on Laser Transfer Paper) and you're good to go.

symphonicpoet

The converted fellow front and center, whom I assume is your commander, looks particularly neat. Lovely stuff. :)

Jonas

Great jobs... Mentor legion is deffinately cool and not one you see that often.

igirisujin

zedmeister":256mc1vz said:
igirisujin":256mc1vz said:

Nice! You've made me dig into my pile of unpainted models. Though, I've run out of Terminators for now...

Here's the chapter badge - it's in SVG format which will allow you to resize without loosing quality:

MentorLegionBlank.svg

Create a sheet of them in your favourite graphics program, get yourself some transfer paper (I printed mine on Laser Transfer Paper) and you're good to go.

Thanks for that, it is a real boon. I need to find a space in my painting schedule for some marines, pre-slottas are clogging the schedule at the moment. :grin:

Wow! These were one of those color schemes I immediately categorized as "impossible" when I was a kid!

zedmeister

More painted lead appears! I have a particular weakness for Marauder sculpts. Not sure why Aly or Trish's sculpts from this era appeals, but I like 'em.

Oh, how long these languished, I don't know. Probably cast around 1990 to 92 and have probably spent most of their existence in the bottom of a cold damp box. Both were cheap ebay auctions with splotched on half hearted paint jobs. I stripped them a while back and got them assembled and painted them last night and tonight. Tried to go for a dark sinister scheme with beaten metals to give them a menacing air:

MarauderWights1.jpg

As an aside, if anyone has a couple of spare plastic marauder undead shields to finish them off, let me know.

zedmeister

Tauntaun Scout":3ua0e0l4 said:
I have a ton of old plastic shields, I'll get back to you with pics.

Appreciate it but, as your stateside, don't look too hard. Postage will probably be a killer for a few shields! :shock:

Back