Le Boudoir Noire: The Frog

symphonicpoet

So a while back I decided to make the Chaos Amazon into a sci-fi gang leader and named her The Duchess of Pain Court. Every gang leader needs a gang, of course. And I decided to call hers Le Boudoir Noire. I've long had an odd lot of punk miniatures sitting around begging for paint. Among those was one I believe Grove commissioned for an Oldhammer in the New World event a few years back. Well . . . he's in paint now. The official version was kind of Team USA red white and blue, but I decided I wanted a more French effect. There's a long and circuitous explanation for that, which has a lot to do with my love for local history, but I'll spare you the gory details for now.

Instead, here's some art. Just don't call him The Frog to his face. Unless he really likes you a lot. I gather he has a reputation for removing the faces of those he doesn't like.

mUNVEzt.jpg

psluAJb.jpg

inchmurrin

I remember the offerings in patriotic Red White and blue all fine work - but I prefer the grit and style of your Euro punk version. Fine mohican more punk stuff please

Orjetax

Looks wonderful. Getting the mohawk right on a mini is something I am never ever able to do myself, so I am doubly impressed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

symphonicpoet

^inchmurrin,

The patriotic "red white and blue" version was so iconic I had to work really hard to go in even remotely a different direction. And in the end . . . it's still red white and blue. Just backwards. And with more black leather.

Anyway, more Europunk is coming.

^Orjetax,

Thank you! Hair is always a challenge, and Mohawks are almost doubly so, especially if you want to make sure they don't all look the same. :) Again, thank you. (Also, I can't help but believe you'd do a splendid Mohawk if ever the occasion demanded it.)

symphonicpoet

There's some good ones out there. Sadly, all three of those were LEs of one sort or another, so I'm not sure if they're terribly available anymore. But you never know, sometimes those LEs come back as general circulation stuff, like Colony '87 going to Crooked Dice. But there's lots of others out there. Punks are popular. We all need more punks . . . in time.

Oddly, I have all three done now, but I want to write some fiction for the big reveal. So . . . next week. :)

inchmurrin

All right all right build up the tension!!!!! How do I cope with lock down and this? I know do my own! Looking forward to the reveal and the fiction.

Back